Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls for Graham Linehan to be removed from Prime Debate on transgender issues!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

I can't imagine either side would want Linehan representing them. His head is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

I'm unsure how I feel here,but In what way is the writer of Father Ted an expert panel member?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

"Only host people who agree with the zeitgeist, blackball and censor everyone else." - idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

StopWatch wrote: »
    I'm unsure how I feel here,but In what way is the writer of Father Ted an expert panel member?

That's the bit I'm unsure of. Surely they could get somebody a little better.
    He does seem a bit over the top in the ad for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

VeryTerry wrote: »
    I can't imagine either side would want Linehan representing them. His head is gone.

I'd be against Linehan on the subject but I've no problem with him saying his piece here. Why do you think he's lost his head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭TheDavester

He’s been an absolute c*nt for years. He was always extremely nasty to anyone who even politely disagreed with him, long, long before the Trans stuff. There is (or was) a website out there detailing how he used to sick his twitter followers on anyone who didn’t gargle his balls.

An issue which he has raised which I would agree with on the trans kids issue is how this effects children and vulnerable. Louis Theroux did an interesting documentary on trans kids in the US a number of years ago which showed parents actively encouraging their children into being transgender just because they showed some small indications such as a boy playing with dolls etc.

I'd be against Linehan on the subject but I've no problem with him saying his piece here. Why do you think he's lost his head?

Spends all his time arguing with no marks on Twitter to the point where the cops are getting involved. That's some seriously sad behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Because he's prepared to express his opinion on it in public where many others are not as they'd be openly vilified. It's also typical of the way RTE is going to get a shouty argument rather than a debate going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭TheDavester

VeryTerry wrote: »
    Spends all his time arguing with no marks on Twitter to the point where the cops are getting involved. That's some seriously sad behavior.

Eh the person who did it wasn’t better by sending his acolytes to his wife’s business

Eh the person who did it wasn’t better by sending his acolytes to his wife’s business

I don't really care. The fact that he got involved with anything like that over a Twitter argument is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Surely it’s up to RTE and the program makers to decide who they have on..

This sounds like an attempt at censorship because some people disagree with his views.

If that’s the case then I’m against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

He's been banned from Twitter and interviewed by the police due to complaints of transphobia from a frankly dodgy character who happens to be a trans woman. This person also targeted his wife's business and tried to incite people to attack it. And has targeted other people in the past. Anyway linehan refused to back down and continues to talk about the issues/problems with "self id". Seems they are going for the controversy angle to get viewers in. Why are people trying to stop it though? Surely if he really is a raging bigot then the more airtime the better so that people can see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, he seems absolutely obsessed with attacking transgender people constantly. Not sure what qualifications he has to be held up as some font of knowledge on the issue, outside of really hating trans people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

"Only host people who agree with the zeitgeist, blackball and censor everyone else." - idiots

Yep, that's the way it goes now.
    Led by the effervescent Roe McDermott saying people should "demand the media they want"
    Get her.

Linehan has been invited AFAIK to share his experience in the UK of being piled on on Twitter, police being used to try scare him off opining on the woeful state of debate.
    It's dystopian and needs to be talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That would be an eccumenical matter

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't see why someone who doesn't live here is being interviewed for a piece on transgender laws in Ireland? I mean, he doesn't live here, hasn't for years, and has been cautioned by police for the way he's treated some trans people.

If you want to have someone who'd have similar views to him, find someone who's actually here. Don't be dragging the chaos that is anything to do with the UK over here. I mean, after his Christmas 'Graham is off twitter for Christmas, this is his assistant' idiocy, who'd trust him?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I don't see why someone who doesn't live here is being interviewed for a piece on transgender laws in Ireland? I mean, he doesn't live here, hasn't for years, and has been cautioned by police for the way he's treated some trans people.

If you want to have someone who'd have similar views to him, find someone who's actually here. Don't be dragging the chaos that is anything to do with the UK over here. I mean, after his Christmas 'Graham is off twitter for Christmas, this is his assistant' idiocy, who'd trust him?

I don’t agree with a lot of what Linehan has said, but that’s a pretty selective interpretation of what actually happened in that case - have you read the details of the full story there, particularly with regards to the complainant?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don’t agree with a lot of what Linehan has said, but that’s a pretty selective interpretation of what actually happened in that case - have you read the details of the full story there, particularly with regards to the complainant?

Yup, I read it from the guardian here. I'm not saying the woman he harassed was right or wrong, but it is a fact that it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Linehan seems like a right cnut, but he has the right to be.

These dangerous ideas of no-platforming anyone who doesn't agree with you should not be entertained by RTE.

Stuffed as it is to the gills with pinko liberals, I have no confidence in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Recent things that Linehan has done is trying to get people to complain to the national lottery because a trans charity received money. This royally went wrong on him. Two hundred thousand had been raised for the charity as of last night including gaining the attention of Alexandria Cortez and Cher.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/20/18191023/hbomberguy-donkey-kong-64-twitch-stream-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-john-romero-chelsea-manning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

“She was also among the activists who pressurised a billboard company to remove a poster in Liverpool, which said the dictionary definition of “woman” was an “adult human female” because it was offensive.”

Stephanie Hayden sounds like a right pain in the hoop..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

batgoat wrote: »
    Recent things that Linehan has done is trying to get people to complain to the national lottery because a trans charity received money. This royally went wrong on him. Two hundred thousand had been raised for the charity as of last night including gaining the attention of Alexandria Cortez and Cher.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/20/18191023/hbomberguy-donkey-kong-64-twitch-stream-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-john-romero-chelsea-manning

It's a trans charity that actively campaigns for children to be able to transition. The woman in charge took her child to Thailand at the age of 16 for surgery. This is and was illegal in the UK, and is now illegal in Thailand. that's not ok. If you look into these things you'll find there's usually more to it than someone being a bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There’s something rather delicious about seeing this pontificating arsehole getting turned on by his own army of self-righteous liberal-at-all-cost twitter disciples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's a trans charity that actively campaigns for children to be able to transition. The woman in charge took her child to Thailand at the age of 16 for surgery. This is and was illegal in the UK, and is now illegal in Thailand. that's not ok. If you look into these things you'll find there's usually more to it than someone being a bigot.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1026823/God-has-made-a-mistake-I-should-have-been-a-girl-Butterfly-ITV
    Her child is now 25 and living a happy life. I think a sixteen year old can be perfectly aware of what her gender is so I'm not finding this a hugely big deal. You can get killed at war at age 16 in the UK but transitioning is a big no no? Also Linehan has a pretty long history of being terribly in relation to transgender people, he likens it to bulimia on the prime time thing... That's frankly not okay or accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No dog in this fight, so happy to let them eat each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

RTE probably can't find anyone else to risk being publicly destroyed (including their ability to earn a living and having their families attacked) for espousing the idea that perhaps pumping confused children full of drugs might not be the best idea.

You know an ideology is on shaky ground when it's proponents go after detractors with such tenacious vitriol. it's like scientology or the Stasi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

The whole transgender thing is ludicrous. Complete fantasy land stuff. Good on Graham for voicing the truth.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rochelle

Linehan comes across as a grade twat but but nothing as bad as the mentally-ill radical trannies, shower of freaks.

Mod: banned

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Rennaws wrote: »
    Surely it’s up to RTE and the program makers to decide who they have on..

This sounds like an attempt at censorship because some people disagree with his views.

If that’s the case then I’m against it.

The PC ayotollahs issued a fatwah against linehan long ago so rte are now in the firing line for "platforming" him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I loved when he tried to get his Twitter army to go after the Scottish comedian with the "gas the Jews" dog....and get responded to by a volley of the Nazi Father Ted clips that he created. Sanctimonious hypocrite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement