Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Hearns2017 wrote: »
    Sorry just don't understand how it's over the whole campaign.? I just found out I'm OOM 7 but I only just done my interview last week surely there's people from previous interviews that are a higher OOM than me and would have completed their fitness and stuff already? I assume the OOM is taken from the batch they interviewed that particular time? I just don't understand.?

Do you know what your OOM was before the interview? You can go up or down in the OOM after interview depending on how well you do. I have a much higher OOM than you and have everything done so I agree with you... it’s very confusing. I never heard of them having different OOM’s for different batches within the one campaign unless they’ve made some change to it

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Oom will come into play for getting a start date , once security clearance is back those with higher oom get offered start dates first

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bowrow

Just got confirmation today for my interview in February.
    My oom was early 500s

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Do you know what your OOM was before the interview? You can go up or down in the OOM after interview depending on how well you do. I have a much higher OOM than you and have everything done so I agree with you... it’s very confusing. I never heard of them having different OOM’s for different batches within the one campaign unless they’ve made some change to it

I was in the early 400's OOM so It would mean I would have climbed up quite a lot. I don't know may just wait and see. Are they fast enough to call for PCT and medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Sorry just don't understand how it's over the whole campaign.? I just found out I'm OOM 7 but I only just done my interview last week surely there's people from previous interviews that are a higher OOM than me and would have completed their fitness and stuff already? I assume the OOM is taken from the batch they interviewed that particular time? I just don't understand.?

My OOM jumped up a massive amount aswell but when I rang them up they said that was my OOM for the group I was in, it wasn’t the overall OOM. My OOM now is 230’s and have my physical at the start of Feb. You should ring up IPS and ask them what exact OOM you are and then they can gauge when you will be called for the next medical and physical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

I was in the early 400's OOM so It would mean I would have climbed up quite a lot. I don't know may just wait and see. Are they fast enough to call for PCT and medical?

Same I was in and around that now I’m high in the top 10 . Doesn’t really make sense Does it mean you can get called sooner for pct and medical I assume so !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SteveFlah

Does anybody know if the pay structure kicks in from the day you start in the training college in Portlaoise or are you just on an allowance for the first while?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 StefanSage

SteveFlah wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the pay structure kicks in from the day you start in the training college in Portlaoise or are you just on an allowance for the first while?

From what I read in this thread earlier it will be 24k flat during the actual training. The proper po wage will kick when we finish training

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

StefanSage wrote: »
    From what I read in this thread earlier it will be 24k flat during the actual training. The proper po wage will kick when we finish training

Hi what is the starting salary and what does it go up to I know the pay was good few years ago but would there be much difference now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Phillip k wrote: »
    Hi what is the starting salary and what does it go up to I know the pay was good few years ago but would there be much difference now ?

28690 and then you have 8 percent operational allowance and extra for working nights, Saturdays and Sunday’s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Phillip k wrote: »

As of 1 January 2018 the following salary scale applies to Recruit Prison Officers:

PPC €28,690.00
    €30,113.00
    €32,941.00

NORMAL MAX

A different pay scale may apply if the individual has previously worked in the Public Service.

Entry will be at the minimum point of the scale.

Work on Saturday, Sunday, public holidays and nights attract premium payments. Recruit Prison Officers will also receive other allowances e.g. Operational Allowance (8% of annual salary). The allocation of up to 360 additional hours will attract further premium payments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

Hi what do you need to bring in with you on the day of interview just your birth cert, leaving cert and ID ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Any of u guys starting in feb class ? , pm so , finally its happening 😂

Hi does anybody know who you ring to see the progress of the vetting? Have my physical in Feb and what to see how far it as gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

Would anyone know if the 12 weeks training in Portlaoise is done over a five day week or:Monday -Friday and roughly what hours it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Luckymummy wrote: »
    Would anyone know if the 12 weeks training in Portlaoise is done over a five day week or:Monday -Friday and roughly what hours it is?

Mon to Fri, 6 weeks there and 6 in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Does anyone know how much you get towards rent allowance per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Allo1976 wrote: »
    Oom will come into play for getting a start date , once security clearance is back those with higher oom get offered start dates first

Surely you mean lower OOM?????

• Registered Users Posts: 31 S00100668

Hi all, many people still waiting for clearance its frustrating to get the position then left in limbo ... hope all 2016 campaign people sorted by now... is it likely we have to wait 2 or 3 years?? think I'm 7 months waiting so far .. also seen someone say what's the rent allowance for the job ?? why would the job give you rent allownace ?

S00100668 wrote: »
    Hi all, many people still waiting for clearance its frustrating to get the position then left in limbo ... hope all 2016 campaign people sorted by now... is it likely we have to wait 2 or 3 years?? think I'm 7 months waiting so far .. also seen someone say what's the rent allowance for the job ?? why would the job give you rent allownace ?

It's part of the pay.

You could have a mortgage and still get it.

There are a number of increments.

• Advertisement

cheers for that info but any one have some info regarding clearance??

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

For training In wheat field there is no accommodation available.
    Any candidates from outside Dublin or anyone else have any ideas what to do regarding accommodation for this phase of the training?

Your waiting 7 months on your clearance? Have you family outside of Ireland? I have my physical in 3 weeks and was hoping I’d be in around April/May. Have you rang up IPS and asked them?

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Your waiting 7 months on your clearance? Have you family outside of Ireland? I have my physical in 3 weeks and was hoping I’d be in around April/May. Have you rang up IPS and asked them?

rang once, emailed twice usual answer out of our control etc ... 2 in Wales but one deceased and one alive so assume they'd only check the 1 in Wales that's not deceased so maybe that's holding up the show although one guys clearance came back and all his family in Australia so was surprised at that I have all stages done .. and passed some 2016 candidates waited 2 years for clearance I believe...

rang once, emailed twice usual answer out of our control etc ... 2 in Wales but one deceased and one alive so assume they'd only check the 1 in Wales that's not deceased so maybe that's holding up the show although one guys clearance came back and all his family in Australia so was surprised at that I have all stages done .. and passed some 2016 candidates waited 2 years for clearance I believe...

Oh rite. It’s a tough one to know. I think this recruitment is moving a lot faster than 2016. I suppose it’s just the luck of the draw. When did you do the physical?

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Oh rite. It’s a tough one to know. I think this recruitment is moving a lot faster than 2016. I suppose it’s just the luck of the draw. When did you do the physical?

May

May

Oh jaysus I’m gna be waiting some length of time so I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cork20189

Hi all.
    Look for small bit of advice please. I have the PCT next month and would have always considered myself reasonably fit. I’ve done the 600 metre shuttles a few times and am struggling with the time of 3 mins 30 secs.
    Just to be sure is it all 15 metres A to B. Or is the A to B to C and so on. Any help appreciated thanks

Cork20189 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Look for small bit of advice please. I have the PCT next month and would have always considered myself reasonably fit. I’ve done the 600 metre shuttles a few times and am struggling with the time of 3 mins 30 secs.
    Just to be sure is it all 15 metres A to B. Or is the A to B to C and so on. Any help appreciated thanks

You have to keep running and touch the line at each start/end point.

15 meter there 15 meter back and keep going...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cork20189

You have to keep running and touch the line at each start/end point.

15 meter there 15 meter back and keep going...

Thanks a million!! Obviously need to get my act together so. Appreciate it ðŸ‘

Advertisement