Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

just under 50km on the cargo bike, with a bike + kids + stuff weight of around 110kg.

baldoyle - collins ave - finglas - cappagh - ballycoolin - porterstown and back

e-assist was helpful for what felt like a very strong headwind for the first 25km.
    maxed out at 42.5kmh on the flat on the way back (assist drops out at 25kmh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Didn't get out, just finished wrapping the frame in vinyl type stuff.

Takes a long time to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭secman

Club spin, From Tallaght up by Marley park out to Ennniskerry, down to n11, towards greystones , Newcastle, Rathnew, Ashford, Newtownmountkennedy , Enniskerry and back to Tallaght. 103 km just under 1000m climbing, avg 25.5 kph. Windy oul spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

95 km, feeling really strong and would have been well able for a lot more.

Up to rathdrum, then roundwood past the now full reservoir across to Ashford then back home along the coast road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

50km this morning, a lot damper than i expected, but the wind was as predicted. quite a flat ride, but with the wind it felt hilly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

First Spin since the end of Oct yesterday 45km. And forgot to read the wind so had a strong headwind home.

Then First Club Spin this morning bailed after 30km as I had lost a lot of fitness and headed for home. Ended up doing the reverse of yesterday’s spin. Miserable conditions this morning. Really regret not taking advantage of the good weather the last 6 weeks or so

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Club spin & just two of us for the 100km spin. Savage head & crosswinds made it a testing spin on rolling roads. It was enjoyable all the same as effort was constant so it felt like a decent workout.

101km @ 29.7km avg with 1 man rendered useless for the next 3 hrs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Headwind crucifixion for the latter half today but only spattering of rain so I'll take it. Need to go practice on Red Lane/The Wall if the weather is gonna continue like this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

50 km on some bumpy, crap L roads on the Croix de Fer. Heavy legs, near constant crosswinds and aforementioned roads made it fairly slow.

Nearly tempted to go out on the good bike as I'd grab a wind assisted Kom or 2 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Just cycled to the gym on the newly built singlespeed, got a puncture on the way back, the perils of building a bike from odds n ends in the shed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Struggled into work this evening with tired legs and a strong headwind. Managed to lose my virb on the R127 somewhere between Finnegans Corner and Blakes Cross. Was so annoyed, I undid the mount and threw it away.
    So, if anyone finds it and it still works, you're welcome to it as I've no mount now. Grrr….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Battling with the headwind starting off my regular loop but three new PRs on Strava on the downwind part.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Out for 50km on Saturday and 42km on Sunday, tough wind and rain on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

100 odd kilometers around West Dublin, Meath and Kildare in the howling wind and scuttering rain. Pure misery but you're always glad you got out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

A 200km spin yesterday with 6 other lads (2 bailed early).

Joined the organiser on a recce for a new Audax event scheduled for the end of February.

Fantastic route of mainly backroads,devoid of motorised vehicles, starting and finishing in Midleton.

A lumpy start hugging the coastal roads to Youghal/Ardmore and Ring but a nice tailwind for the first 100+km's.

A much needed refuel in Dungarvan saw us head inland travelling Northwest along the Blackwater valley into a bloody cruel headwind for the next 70km.

Completely shagged out by the time I got back to Midleton and running on empty.

Total moving time 8 hrs 14 mins.

Do it all again next month! :D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Planned heading out for some off-road at lunch only to find my back wheel was flat so took the CX bike out to Enniskerry instead for a change. Even though traffic was only moderate it reminded how much nicer the quiet l-roads in the area are even though I am killed going up the steeper bits. Bumped into Namelessphil on the way back for a quick hello on what was an otherwise uneventful 31k. CX bike was also a bit creaky, so it of maintenance in order this evening on both bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

75 km yesterday, club spin. Handy pace

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

35km on my own, slow puncture at the Mullagh so tried to get enough air in to get me home but had to stop three more time before it finally gave up the ghost.

Traffic on the Dunboyne - Summerhill road was busy and very close too

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TooObvious

nice commute in today 27.5km, passed a zillion cars on the N7, tailwind etc. One of those great mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

verging on over dressed though supposed to get colder during the week. Fab bit of weather all in all

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, was in shorts this morning. put on armwarmers too under a light enough top, and it was overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

yep, was in shorts this morning. put on armwarmers too under a light enough top, and it was overkill.

I went with a warmer base layer as I'm recovering from a cold and felt quite cold on the bike yesterday. much regret.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I went with a warmer base layer as I'm recovering from a cold and felt quite cold on the bike yesterday. much regret.

Had multiple layers on over lunch for a spin around Massey's wood and it still felt nippy enough. A pretty good January so far for being outdoors for all that.

Just posting a test post, having issues accessing the thread.

That sorted it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Stopped at the lights outside work only to spot my tube sticking out through the sidewall. Nursed it home anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Fifteen mins from home my front light got the red ring telling me its dying. I put it on its lowest setting and cycled like the clappers. It was a dark and damp night. Made it home and light still just about OK. Time to recharge. No. Pr's but a good way to get the heart pumpingðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Very chilly this morning. There was a nasty shine off the road in some parts too. Dodgy enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TooObvious

Yeah feckin' freezing spin in this morning. I'm using MTB gloves so not ideal for the cold weather. Needed about 10 minutes for the fingers to defrost after. Still, at least no near-death moments.

• Advertisement

the aldi neoprene gloves did a decent enough job this morning. didn't notice any issue with grip on the commute, but will need to check the bike for salt when i get home, a few roads were reasonably well gritted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement