Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I think Jakey is a wolf

SGI5.gif

This set off something, so I just did a re-read of Jake. Some massive red flags.

1. He has the highest post count in the game, yet its almost all game mechanics and other fluff!
    2. His FFA1 was all the low posters, with no explanation
    3. Has been as neutral and undecided as possible on the Frodo stuff
    4. Posts lists and tables to appear helpful townie
    5. He has barely pushed anyone, just a single ISO of Abigail

And on that ISO post:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109148860

There's no real conclusion, just a few quotes of Abigail saying that she's suspicious.

Wolves love to be uncontroversial, they don't want any heat, and that is Jakey in a nutshell.

That's a decent post in fairness. I'd been leaning town on Jake yesterday down to his prolific posting, but when you look into it a bit more it appears at times to be quantity over quality.

I did call him on his FFA yesterday being a very safe and easy one. Low posters should be looked at, but FFAing 3 of them on Day 1 is just a little too safe and uncontroversial.

Still though, there would be good (village) reasons for Jake to play in this way also.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Yeah that was a full of **** claim, and we still don't know how much of it was true and what was made up.

But......................Barbara WAS Frodo. So it wasn't a bull**** claim.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

FFA2- In no particular order

Conor - When you have a feeling about someone and it just won't go away, the whole frank boromir is still fresh but conor hasn't posted anything since to lean my opinion of him towards town

Henry - had him yesterday and while he has started posting it doesn't inspire confidence, slightly passive aggressive, nice to see him posting though unlike Angus

Phil - I think he is throwing shade where possible to look like the investigate villager but im not buying it and using flawed logic to bring down conversions on mechanics that would help our players in certain situations (yes i'm referring to the poisoning debate) is to me not helpful

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ffa, should have posted earlier but was busy.
    Jake - felt a lot of his stuff was regurgitation without opinion, then there was a post pinning a team Eye member in the Babs vote, even though that's the only team that profits from Frodo being alive and in the open. Didn't sit right. I voted for him earlier. Will keep the time stamp to myself incase I got in first again, for calibration purposes.

Fiona - a lot of agreeing and soliciting opinion but not a lot of content.

Clodagh - same as Fiona but with a higher post count.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

1 hour and 2 mins left to vote.

VOTE!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    This was Vernon's "defensive" post?? Seems reasonable enough response to me.

Am sticking to my lynch vote (ie, not voting for you), but happier now having included you on my FFA after messing up my reasons at the start.

Vernon ignored my posts saying clearly that Boromir should self sacrifice. Strange behavior to me, but not strange enough to ignore Babs

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Lads and lasses, please try and tag your FFAs with a hashtag. Makes it so much easier to collect the info, which should be a priority. #FFA2, #FFA3 and so on. I think I got them all here, so far.

Jake - Abigail, Mary
    Phil - Doris, Wendy, Vernon
    Winifred - Desmond, Wendy
    Mary - Desmond, Doris, Henry
    Derry - Henry, Desmond
    Gabriel - Abigail, Desmond, Wendy
    Clodagh - Abigail, Angus, Conor
    Vernon - Conor, Henry, Phil
    Gertrude - Jake, Fiona, Clodagh

Desmond - 4
    Abigail - 3
    Henry - 3
    Wendy - 3
    Doris - 2
    Connor - 2
    Mary - 1
    Vernon - 1
    Angus - 1
    Phil - 1
    Jake - 1
    Fiona - 1
    Clodagh - 1

Only 9 in so far, 2 of which only gave 2 names....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I think this is right but I dont know

FFAS

Jake
    Abigal-Mary

Phil
    Dorris-Wendy-Vernon

Winifred---Desmond-Wendy

Mary
    Desmond-Dorris-Henry

Derry
    Henry-Desmond

Gabriel----Abigal-Desmond-Wendy

Clodgah---Abigal-Angus-Conor

Vernon----Conor-Henry-Phil

Gertrude--Jake-Fiona-Clodagh

Desmond 4

Abigal 3

Henry 3

Wendy 3

Doris 2

Conor 2

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

#ffa2

Abigail Henry and Wendy

Jake
    Abigal-Mary

Phil
    Dorris-Wendy-Vernon

Winifred---Desmond-Wendy

Mary
    Desmond-Dorris-Henry

Derry
    Henry-Desmond

Gabriel----Abigal-Desmond-Wendy

Clodgah---Abigal-Angus-Conor

Vernon----Conor-Henry-Phil

Gertrude--Jake-Fiona-Clodagh

Desmond —- Abigail Henry wendy

Abigal 4

Henry 4

Wendy 4

Desmond the villager 4

Doris 2

Conor 2

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    I think this is right but I dont know

Lines up with mine :)

Desmond WW wrote: »
    #ffa2

Abigail Henry and Wendy

Reasonings? Cause it looks like you just voted the three most likely to push you down the table there :pac:

Thats a bold strategy cotton, lets see if it pays off for him

Phil WW wrote: »
    Reasonings? Cause it looks like you just voted the three most likely to push you down the table there :pac:

That’s my point, at least I’m being honest about it.

Thats a bold strategy cotton, lets see if it pays off for him

If I’m lynched I’m lynched, considering the village majority lynched their outed ring bearer yesterday I’m happy it won’t have been my fault.

That’s my point, at least I’m being honest about it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5946566

Village is shockingly quite

Village is shockingly quite

Never a good sign.

Though it's been quite all day tbh.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Never a good sign.

Though it's been quite all day tbh.

I thought there would be more action around now but ya its been a quieter village then average

Henry WW wrote: »
    Sorry for the prolonged absence folks, had some RL stuff going on. I'm here now though and have spent the last 2.5 hours reading back through the thread. My head is absolutely spinning but I think I have a decent handle on things. Not sure if we're doing an FFA today or how this majority voting thing will work but from the notes I've made I think most of my suspicions were on Brendan, Clodagh and Mary.

Brendan for being 100% nailed on certain that Babs was lying about the Frodo claim yesterday (post #482) and Mary for her general posting style, a lot of nothing being said (eg post #812 today), Clodagh for the post last night where she said she believed Babs was telling the truth but was going to lynch her anyway. Bull**** wolfy excuse to jump on the Babs bandwagon.

And I know I wasn't here last night to discuss but christ almighty village. You lynched the role claim? FFS

Guys this is my FFA#2

• Advertisement

Ugh why can't I bold anything with this stupid account? FFA#2 is Brendan, Clodagh, Mary. Voted for Mary already.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

FFA2 is Jakey and Henry, from my earlier posts. Don't have a 3rd, and probably won't get one before the lynch.

If I’m lynched I’m lynched, considering the village majority lynched their outed ring bearer yesterday I’m happy it won’t have been my fault.

What wont have been your fault?

But......................Barbara WAS Frodo. So it wasn't a bull**** claim.

The Frodo bit was true but there was definitely a few porkies in the role mechanics - which is why it was so suspicious. It read like a made up post, and we know at least some of it was bull****.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

#ffa2

Abigail Henry and Wendy

Des, quick question

outside of your FFA, (I get the thinking) who would be your call for the wolves . Is it you just don't have any or is there players in there you'd actually point the finger at if you weren't under pressure?

The Frodo bit was true but there was definitely a few porkies in the role mechanics - which is why it was so suspicious. It read like a made up post, and we know at least some of it was bull****.

But, and I dont wanna keep harping on about this, she WAS Frodo. So she was working in the interests of the village and whatever her reasons for telling "porkies" I believe they came from a good place. so the fact that you're still casting aspersions on her intentions is something I can't really understand. It's either pig headed villageness or 'I've dug a hole and I can't figure out how to dig up' wolfiness.

But, and I dont wanna keep harping on about this, she WAS Frodo. So she was working in the interests of the village and whatever her reasons for telling "porkies" I believe they came from a good place. so the fact that you're still casting aspersions on her intentions is something I can't really understand. It's either pig headed villageness or 'I've dug a hole and I can't figure out how to dig up' wolfiness.

I don't get what your point is. You have me on your FFA list because I didn't believe her. She was lying and I called her out. I was right.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Whatever the reasons for how Frodo played it, we know they were legit. We also know we still have the one ring for now, albeit don't know much about it or whether it can now go to Sauron. With 13 votes on Babs last night its also going to take a bit more info before we can make any conclusions on the players on or off that wagon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

15 mins to vote.

• Advertisement

Like this isn't even responding to my post. It's a completely different track to anything I've said.

Advertisement