Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Also lashing out at people accusing you tends to be more of a townie trait than a wolf one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

#FFA2:
    Abigail - her fakery "go village" type posts from yesterday still irk me. She has tried to contribute more today, but it still sort of stinks of nearly trying too hard.
    Desmond - Didn't like his throw at Eva and Brendan yesterday for no good reason.
    Wendy - kinda same reason as yesterday, flakey, giffy, Sherri Bobbins malarkey.

TBH, I'm not too hot on any of them but am likely to vote Abi again. I've a few names banding about that I've pretty strong villager vibes from, so by process of elimination the above are just three that I have less of that feeling about. There are others, such as Angus, Fiona and Henry that just haven't posted enough to get any vibes at all yet, so I'm parking all of them for the time being.

Would really love FFAs from:

Abigail
    Angus
    Fiona
    Henry
    Wendy

None yesterday and none yet today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I think you mean someone else on your third choice there friendo

Phil WW wrote: »
    Gabriel asked if people wanted to plead their cases.

TBH, I didn't think it through. Asking for the two victims to plead their cases was stupid. Evils would get their hands on rolled players far too easily that way.

However, I do see merits in us voting (by decision or by random like Derry suggested) for who to save. Yes, the down-side of voting by decision is having the evils know where we all stand. But there is an upside in that when a dead's role is revealed it could be useful to know who wanted to save them and who didn't. It doesn't guarantee anything about allegiance of those voting, but might help us narrow the field along with other criteria such as FFAs and lynch votes.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    FFA

Henry - Hasn't posted much and today the few posts have been telling us what we should have done yesterday also got a little defensive when I questioned him on something earlier

Desmond - Potential Balrog here, given Eva was pushing him very hard yesterday and Ballrog killed her over Frodo a much higher value player to kill given he could end up on any team but his

The balrog wouldn’t kill the person they are arguing with that makes no sense. Frodo was apparantly immune to being killed yesterday I assume he has powers from the ring and it’s was clear the lynch didn’t kill him. The evils all left him alone not just the balrog because they thought he couldn’t be killed. Luckily the vig decided to kill him.

Wendy WW wrote: »

Oh, sh!t, that was Barbara. Soz. Don't worry, I'm not voting to lynch you anyway.

Henry has 7 posts, and these 2 in particular stand out to me as bad. That's a pretty high percentage.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    And I know I wasn't here last night to discuss but christ almighty village. You lynched the role claim? FFS

This absolutely feels like a wolf trying to post as a town. I'm so awesome I would never have lynched Frodo
    But Eva's dead. What do you want to discuss about her?

Plenty of reasons to discuss the dead, why try and shutdown conversation?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Ya if Henry turned out to be bad i'd be looking a bit closer at Frank and Des and maybe Conor

Your logic is flawed here. There's a competing need for us - yes nrv's need to draw heat of village power roles. Equally at some point we need to establish a core of trusted villagers. I'm not saying the tipping point is now but we will hit that point. Ultimately Pippin is best placed to know how to play the detail of his role

This is where Barb made the mistake as well. You only claim as town if there's a compelling reason for it. If there's no immediate and obvious benefit, keep quiet. Having Pippin claim now gives the town SFA advantage. Building a core only happens later in the game when we have more information. Its way too early to be doing any kind of claiming.

Oh, and please don't lie as town. We almost lost the Christmas game because a townie lied, and we are off to a bad start in this game for the same reason. Feel free to leave out role information or whatever if you think it will only advantage the wolves, but please don't lie.

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    RIP Oisin, R.I.P. Barbara x

This is a very typical wolf post after munch btw.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    This is where Barb made the mistake as well. You only claim as town if there's a compelling reason for it. If there's no immediate and obvious benefit, keep quiet. Having Pippin claim now gives the town SFA advantage. Building a core only happens later in the game when we have more information. Its way too early to be doing any kind of claiming.

I'm not disputing that its a question of timing, I'm disputing that someone is dodgy as heck just for raising the point. Read the full exchange on this - a suggestion was made that has merit at some stage of the game, it broadly got resolved to 'Pippin is best placed to make that call for now'. Describing the behaviour as wolfy feels off to me tbh. For the moment I'm putting it down to over eager villiaging but I usually make a mental note of interactions like that for later in the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

FFA2

Abigail - As per yesterday. Feel shes offering nothing and barely registering at all. Looking back at the Babs interaction and probably the majority of her posts where in this small window just feels suss.

Angus - My thoughts on him are pretty limited, has been catching up since 10am this morning, has had zero interest in engaging, my only concern is a wolf wouldnt be so obviously quiet.

Conor - Not some who flashed on my radar however following Babs actually being Frodo and doing a reread of his posts, it reminded me how quickly he jumped on the Frank for lynch yesterday. Again looking at players interacted with yesterday, Conor is someone who had engaged with Babs, Oisin, Frank and Holly. TLDR - Babs named him, interacted with villagers who died have been poisoned!

Honorable mention to Henry (Also named by Babs)

I am leaning Abigail at the moment depending on this evenings interactions though. Tempted for Angus but I think this will be self resolving at his current posting rate

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ya if Henry turned out to be bad i'd be looking a bit closer at Frank and Des and maybe Conor

Why Frank in this instance just out of interest? Henry was on my FFA yesterday, I'll be likely voting for him today. No one was looking at Henry yesterday when I called him out, and I posted again an hour ago restating my suspicions on him today.

I think Jakey is a wolf

SGI5.gif
    Jake WW wrote: »
    RIP Oisin, R.I.P. Barbara x

This set off something, so I just did a re-read of Jake. Some massive red flags.

1. He has the highest post count in the game, yet its almost all game mechanics and other fluff!
    2. His FFA1 was all the low posters, with no explanation
    3. Has been as neutral and undecided as possible on the Frodo stuff
    4. Posts lists and tables to appear helpful townie
    5. He has barely pushed anyone, just a single ISO of Abigail

And on that ISO post:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109148860

There's no real conclusion, just a few quotes of Abigail saying that she's suspicious.

Wolves love to be uncontroversial, they don't want any heat, and that is Jakey in a nutshell.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Two people voted to lynch me yesterday, Barbara and Henry.

These were two people I basically called wolf in one post yesterday...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109138257&postcount=312

Now, as it turns out Barbara was Frodo and was village, but what about Henry? I'm not saying he is suss because he voted for me, more so his post from earlier today...

Where am I in any of that? From what I can see in Henry's 7 posts so far, I haven't been mentioned anywhere yet he voted to lynch me last night. If he was caught up by RL and just wanted to throw his vote anywhere, he could have chosen 'No lynch'.

I'm definitely still suspicious of Henry today.

Look man, I dunno what to tell you about last night. I really don't know what I was thinking at all and I can't explain the vote. I actually have you town read after today.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Would really love FFAs from:

Abigail
    Angus
    Fiona
    Henry
    Wendy

None yesterday and none yet today.

Apologies for this: I should have made it clear that the 3 below are my FFA for today.
    Not sure if we're doing an FFA today or how this majority voting thing will work but from the notes I've made I think most of my suspicions were on Brendan, Clodagh and Mary.

Brendan for being 100% nailed on certain that Babs was lying about the Frodo claim yesterday (post #482) and Mary for her general posting style, a lot of nothing being said (eg post #812 today), Clodagh for the post last night where she said she believed Babs was telling the truth but was going to lynch her anyway. Bull**** wolfy excuse to jump on the Babs bandwagon.
    Henry has 7 posts, and these 2 in particular stand out to me as bad. That's a pretty high percentage.

This absolutely feels like a wolf trying to post as a town. I'm so awesome I would never have lynched Frodo

Doris has also latched onto me saying the village was stupid for trying to lynch Babs last night for some reason which confuses me. It was a throwaway line at the end of my post about something that happened last night and can't be changed at this point. Why keep going on about it?

And on point 2, you realise there is a full stop between those 2 sentences? So I was reminding him that Eva was dead because I thought he might've missed it as it happened so early. And then after the full stop I asked him why he wanted to discuss her. Stop twisting my words to fit your narrative of me as a wolf.

Okay, this prompted me to do a quick ISO on you to see why you're niggling at me. TBH, not much came up beyond what I had yesterday, that of you being very keen to out Boromir. Today, you were also keen to have a vote on who Arwen should save, but I'd be of the same mindset, so seems like a genuine enough case to put forward and doesn't indicate your allegiance one way or another.

But this one post below struck me, and I'd be just curious why you were originally on Vernon. Nobody else voted for him yesterday, and only one person even had him on their FFA. As you (conveniently?) didn't do an FFA yesterday I'd like to know your reasons for this and where you stand today on it.
    I was on Vernon but switched at the last minute. Didn't believe Babs claim as it was sloppy and under very little pressure. Also, having Frodo out, if the claim was true, felt like a bad idea as they could be converted gifting extra kills.

Why Frank in this instance just out of interest? Henry was on my FFA yesterday, I'll be likely voting for him today. No one was looking at Henry yesterday when I called him out, and I posted again an hour ago restating my suspicions on him today.

More by association then by my outright belief you are bad, but if Henry was trying to shut down discussion on Eva you were one that was on her FFA.

There is lots of ifs and buts in the scenario but I rather have posted it then not in case I'm not around later to do so

Stop twisting my words to fit your narrative of me as a wolf.

Not twisting your words - quoting exactly what you said. Happy to accept your explanation, but don't get annoyed when people take what you say at face value. It's harder to get intent across in text form

These three replies are interesting to me. Very similar. All going with the vibe of maybe we shouldnt but whatever. Like wolves who'd prefer to keep their chance at an extra team mate alive but noncomittal and wishy washy so they cant be called on it later. Maybe Mary less so than Vernon and Oisin.
    Okay, this prompted me to do a quick ISO on you to see why you're niggling at me. TBH, not much came up beyond what I had yesterday, that of you being very keen to out Boromir. Today, you were also keen to have a vote on who Arwen should save, but I'd be of the same mindset, so seems like a genuine enough case to put forward and doesn't indicate your allegiance one way or another.

But this one post below struck me, and I'd be just curious why you were originally on Vernon. Nobody else voted for him yesterday, and only one person even had him on their FFA. As you (conveniently?) didn't do an FFA yesterday I'd like to know your reasons for this and where you stand today on it.

Vernon reacted very defensively to my post, which wasn't exactly a strong accusation, so I put my vote in for him then as I may have trouble being on around lynch time. Even if others didn't vote for him I wanted a marker on him in case something happened to me.

• Advertisement

Vernon reacted very defensively to my post, which wasn't exactly a strong accusation, so I put my vote in for him then as I may have trouble being on around lynch time. Even if others didn't vote for him I wanted a marker on him in case something happened to me.

This Post is what I was referring to:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mary WW View Post
    I'd prefer to catch a wolf but if none show themselves before voting time and Boromir has come out and said "hey guys I'm a liability" then yeah
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vernon WW View Post
    Seems harsh on the player, they have been given a crap hand in the role they have though

Only they can decide if they want to put themselves forward but no harm in having a discussion on it
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oisin WW View Post
    Bit harsh on Boromir but I see where you'll coming from. Saying that, aren't we all a liability as we can all be converted to the cult!
    These three replies are interesting to me. Very similar. All going with the vibe of maybe we shouldnt but whatever. Like wolves who'd prefer to keep their chance at an extra team mate alive but noncomittal and wishy washy so they cant be called on it later. Maybe Mary less so than Vernon and Oisin.

More by association then by my outright belief you are bad, but if Henry was trying to shut down discussion on Eva you were one that was on her FFA.

There is lots of ifs and buts in the scenario but I rather have posted it then not in case I'm not around later to do so

Yeah I see the series of posts from earlier where you tried to shade the people who had no interest in going down the tunnel of analysing an early game wolf or SK kill, then finishing the series of 'Well Frank should be looked at'.

Someone FFAed me as a distant 3rd, they were SK killed, and I sense you trying to push me as SK today. Fine, but that is interesting.

Yeah I see the series of posts from earlier where you tried to shade the people who had no interest in going down the tunnel of analysing an early game wolf or SK kill, then finishing the series with 'Well Frank should be looked at'.

Someone FFAed me as a distant 3rd, they were SK killed, and I sense you trying to push me as SK today. Fine, but that is interesting.

I meant to type 'with', not 'of'.

Ironic post is ironic!! :)
    Can someone explain how talking for pages on the cult mechanics helps us catch wolves? As far as I can tell it's just giving people an easy excuse to post about game mechanics without actually contributing.

I'll know you'll say they were different circumstances. But I don't like discouraging any sort of chatter if it's on topic. You never know when an evil might slip. And ironing out mechanics, understanding what we face, and looking at the game from all angles, is important to know.

Brendan for being 100% nailed on certain that Babs was lying about the Frodo claim yesterday (post #482)

Yeah that was a full of **** claim, and we still don't know how much of it was true and what was made up.

Sorry but is someone actually collecting the ffas and will they be posted at some time?

I'll know you'll say they were different circumstances. But I don't like discouraging any sort of chatter if it's on topic. You never know when an evil might slip. And ironing out mechanics, understanding what we face, and looking at the game from all angles, is important to know.

Nah I'll stand by that claim. Talking about mechanics is almost always worse for town than talking about people. Its easy for wolves to hide when they don't need to call people out, when they don't need to hunt. They can talk about mechanics all day and not be worried.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Sorry but is someone actually collecting the ffas and will they be posted at some time?

Why don’t you do it?

And where do you stand now? Where is today's FFA?

• Advertisement

This was Vernon's "defensive" post?? Seems reasonable enough response to me.
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Interesting Wendy that you didn't include your own post...

Am sticking to my lynch vote (ie, not voting for you), but happier now having included you on my FFA after messing up my reasons at the start.

Advertisement