Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MOLF Hunter

Werk, werk, werk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It works, my backs fine now it kicked in . Read up on it

Really happy for thee

I already did! Very interested in pain relief.

However I am wary of new synthetics after a bad time with tramadol... We are each different and I have CFS/ME which throws up strange side effects. someone sent me a new pain drug last week and I went... awol.. lol...the name eludes me

And happy with codeine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Genuinely don’t know how anyone can tolerate codeine like it’s a lovely feeling when I’m lying down but I’d be as sick as a dog and as high as a kite if I had to stand up or go somewhere. Valium has barely any effect on me now, I’d need about 20mg to even know I had taken it. Whereas one cup of coffee and I’m jittery and hyper. The body is a strange thing.

I’m in work debating whether I should have my nails done and a Physio massage or my nails done and a pedicure.

Genuinely don’t know how anyone can tolerate codeine like it’s a lovely feeling when I’m lying down but I’d be as sick as a dog and as high as a kite if I had to stand up or go somewhere. Valium has barely any effect on me now, I’d need about 20mg to even know I had taken it. Whereas one cup of coffee and I’m jittery and hyper. The body is a strange thing.

I’m in work debating whether I should have my nails done and a Physio massage or my nails done and a pedicure.

each different.... would not take valium if you paid me ;)

Codeine cuts the appalling pain I live with and lets me sleep. Bliss...I can move freely. No hype either. Just freedom from pain.

Knitting abed pondering a wind-walk

NB any meds with alcohol produces strange effects; care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Graces7 wrote: »
    each different.... would not take valium if you paid me ;)

Codeine cuts the appalling pain I live with and lets me sleep. Bliss...I can move freely. No hype either. Just freedom from pain.

Knitting abed pondering a wind-walk

NB any meds with alcohol produces strange effects; care!

Alcohol on its own produces strange affects,.lol.
    Tea, women should be careful with that stuff, my Mrs was full of it one night and got contrary and almost violent with me when I came home drunk.
    Me, I was peaceable and went to bed and slept like a log, she was still nearly as bad the next day, took a few hours before she was normal. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At the Torc Waterfall in Killarney National Park. Absolutely stunning and a good day weather wise for January.

Tonic for the soul!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,083 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Heading to Geneva tomorrow followed by a nice train ride through the country, it should be a nice 7degrees down to -3.... I'm gonna die :)

@Grace7, was planning to send you a present but Switzerland Ireland mail would have to go through customs, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Specsavers, mam is getting an eye test. Reminds me I must get one done but will do it in Limerick as it’ll be easier for me with college

JupiterKid wrote: »
    At the Torc Waterfall in Killarney National Park. Absolutely stunning and a good day weather wise for January.

Did you walk up to the top by the steps?
    I walked up torc mountain once, stunning place.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Heading to Geneva tomorrow followed by a nice train ride through the country, it should be a nice 7degrees down to -3.... I'm gonna die :)

@Grace7, was planning to send you a present but Switzerland Ireland mail would have to go through customs, sorry.

Oh dear! Thank you for th e thought and maybe some day....

Thought it was OK as EU?

Have a lovely time and wrap up well...

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »

One of my old favourites..Lived near Killarney for several years. My best place was the Traditional Farms at Muckross.. Miss Killarney still but could not find another rental there when I needed it.

Edward M wrote: »
    Alcohol on its own produces strange affects,.lol.
    Tea, women should be careful with that stuff, my Mrs was full of it one night and got contrary and almost violent with me when I came home drunk.
    Me, I was peaceable and went to bed and slept like a log, she was still nearly as bad the next day, took a few hours before she was normal. :D:D

I never touch tea... lol..or alcohol !

Things are moving outside; wind rising so I have to go out and batten down anything that can move

Are people getting presents?? I want a present!!
    *stamps foot*

:D

I am in work. Le sigh. What has happened to the once cheery Persepoly? Has her spirit flown only to be replaced by that which drives her bonkers, the serial whinger? Is there a cure for such a condition and could it be alcohol, chocolate and a marathon of crime shows? Or maybe just this little orange. Weep.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty , so sorry to hear that , look after yourself .

A young man in our town took his own life today , so sad , a lovely chap . I wish we would see beyond the outer appearance of others , to know if someone is suffering , so we could try help . Look after those around you folks , often the brightest smiles hide the saddest souls .

That’s awful Mam. Our town has been hit with so many young people losing their lives, since October. It is frightening the amount who have done it, and also the amount who have done it but survived (thankfully). It’s horrible to think that the people we walk amongst or meet out and about are carrying such dark and heavy burdens.

I’m currently in work

Oh Mam :( Thats so sad. Your words are spot on, if only we could see the pain others carry and we could take it away. My work brings me in to contact with other peoples suffering and it is everywhere. As I do say, sometimes just getting out of bed is a win and thats ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Lying on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at home and getting ready for a brexitathon tv viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Look after those around you folks , often the brightest smiles hide the saddest souls .

Lovely comment. If there was only more people like you in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 teh.f4ll3n

At work, updating and patching firewalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....stove blazing, rads heating lovely..watching Despicable Me 2 with the chicks......apparently Gru looks like me lol.lol

Home... just did a gluten-free pizza for the little one and have her hyperactive cousin here also... going to be a long couple of hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Finished making dinner. I'll have mine later. Back at the tech desk. Working late tonight. The creative juices are flowing so I have to go with it.

teh.f4ll3n wrote: »
    At work, updating and patching firewalls.

I update and patch walls too, not as well paid as your virtual though, but I won't grumble:).

Having a cuppa after dinner, watching the news.

Schwanz wrote: »
    Lovely comment. If there was only more people like you in the world.

Thank you , but I can be as bad/horrible as the next person tbh , we're all human :)

In the kitchen , kettle on , ye can all have a cuppa if ye like but ye'll accept the teabags for what they are , no fancy branded ones here :D

I'm sure your tea would be gorgeous mam, a bit of homemade fruitcake to go with it?

Home... just did a gluten-free pizza for the little one and have her hyperactive cousin here also... going to be a long couple of hours :)

It siriusly is going to be a long few hours !

Yes..it is i.... Sirius.. Mookie...Jack... Erik..... Molester....Wang....Pink Fairy....Felix Jones is God...Don...

Schizophrenia is cool !!

^ you are NOT Felix Jones is god?! I thought he was a dickhead!!!! I had no idea :D

• Advertisement

Yes..it is i.... Sirius.. Mookie...Jack... Erik..... Molester....Wang....Pink Fairy....Felix Jones is God...Don...

Schizophrenia is cool !!

It was the gluten free pizza that gave it away :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement