Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dishwasher tablet and scalding water is what I use!

Still in bed, hyper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I use that for cleaning surfaces not unblocking drains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Vinegar and soda crystals for unblocking, pine to make it smell nice. Or dettol, I love the smell of dettol.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The bathroom will be getting a doing in the morning, just have to check the vent first to make sure there isn't a problem there.

Time for a cuppa, anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Not to put a downer on it but I'm in a hospital room with my family beside my dad who's slipping away after a brief illness, its quiet sad but I'll cherish this time for life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sorry to hear that Mac, hope it's peaceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Macdarack wrote: »
    Not to put a downer on it but I'm in a hospital room with my family beside my dad who's slipping away after a brief illness, its quiet sad but I'll cherish this time for life.

In my thoughts and prayers x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I really shouldn’t have opened this thread while eating dinner :o

try at 6 am! gulp..

smurfjed wrote: »
    Nespresso time on the balcony with the mutt, listening to the birds and the sound of prayer as we wait for the sun to rise. Absolute bliss.

Judging by the amount of sickness going on in this thread, there is no way that I'm going back to Ireland before March or April :)

It is safe out here! I have no intention of "going over" for the foreseeable future, if ever.. islands are great... ;)

smurfjed wrote: »
    I use that for cleaning surfaces not unblocking drains.

Still have a permanently blocked sink here; and still no washing machine plumbed in.
    Oh! Today is the anniversary of ESB finally connecting the power here! Only took FIVE MONTHS of hassling the council and ESB... the final breakthrough was a call from our barrister as they could have been sued as they cannot leave old and disabled without power

Fascinating watching the engineer climbing the pole... the electrician then had to come as there is a demarcation dispute :rolleyes:

It was rough that day and the electrician was terrified...

I never take power for granted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Sitting in DUB airport having a post 1st wave coffee. Watching passengers go by in all manner of emotional states and thinking that since I started working here almost half a billion people have passed through the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Up and about, homechores done.
    I'm touting for work as I see a lot of blocked drains. I have a little wire yokie that attaches to a drill I use to clear these little problems, for a small fee:).
    Sorry for your troubles Mac, a hard time for any family.

Edward M wrote: »
    Up and about, homechores done.
    I'm touting for work as I see a lot of blocked drains. I have a little wire yokie that attaches to a drill I use to clear these little problems, for a small fee:).
    Sorry for your troubles Mac, a hard time for any family.

OK; when are you coming please? Need to let the ferryman know .. can you plumb a washing machine in while you are here? There has never been one here.. oh and fix the shower? lol.....

About to go for a windswept walk watching the light grow in the sky over the ocean...... This is when I miss my dog most.... five cats are flat out on the bed so no takers there!

Graces7 wrote: »
    OK; when are you coming please? Need to let the ferryman know .. can you plumb a washing machine in while you are here? There has never been one here.. oh and fix the shower? lol.....

About to go for a windswept walk watching the light grow in the sky over the ocean...... This is when I miss my dog most.... five cats are flat out on the bed so no takers there!

No problem to a handy fella like me grace. I'll even bring the dog, you can walk him while I do the work.

Sorry to hear that Mac x

Deskside about to make a lemsip,.

Outside Doctors, Mrs has a dose today.
    12 cars here, will be a long wait. I'm going for a cuppa down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

So sorry to read this. Take care of yourself. :(

Waiting outside the gym cos.. I was up early this morning I'm so proud. :D I rise with the sun.. So technically should only be up 20 minutes... Lol
    I have been known to use my power hose to unblock a drain.. :D it's great craic.
    Otherwise I use caustic soda overnight and I'll do all the drains in the house. Its mighty stuff. I had to use it at work as the sinks used to get clogged with hair, no matter how much we cleaned them. First attempt was the vacuum cleaner, lol.

Picture this. It was an old style hoover and we'd take the hose off the inlet and put it on the top outlet, where the air blew out, one holding the hose on the hoover, at the other end one of us held it down on the first sink hole, and 2 of us with the stoppers in the sink and towels holding them down and over the overflow hole on the other sinks ffs, you'd get a right eyeful if the towel slipped from the overflow hole... it was a sight to see :D caustic soda is easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm so very sorry MacDarack, I can't imagine what a difficult time this is for you. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Was feeling a bit lonely this morning so I sorted the problem myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,829 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So sorry Macdarack , look after yourselves as best you can in the days ahead .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m sorry to read that. I hope you’re ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

In the leaba, not moving for the day. Woke up at 5am in absolute agony. I obtained a box of palexia morphine tablets before before Christmas, I'm considering taking one. Thing is tho, opiate painkillers make me itch like **** and don't leave my stomach feeling right either so I'm weighing up my options at the moment

still trying to work out how THREE cats raced after me before I even got to the gate! :eek: The boys of course..

Arctic out there; I am abed, warm feet cold hands wondering if I can get away without lighting the fire today.. If the sun comes out, grand.

In the leaba, not moving for the day. Woke up at 5am in absolute agony. I obtained a box of palexia morphine tablets before before Christmas, I'm considering taking one. Thing is tho, opiate painkillers make me itch like **** and don't leave my stomach either so I'm weighing up my options at the moment

That is an interesting new drug.

I'm at home. Playing nurse today, Mrs has a bad chest infection and inflamed tonsils.
    Fire just lit for her and tea and toast provided. I have a few jobs I can do in the workshop anyway so won't be a total wasted day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

So sorry to hear that. Look after yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mac, nothing we can do but assure you of our prayers and thoughts.

Taking a coffee break after washing my car. If Mrs S would come home I could get her car done too. Big IF....she's gone on a wander.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm sorry to read this. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside, eating a banana and about to play some Batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm doing an AMA on CF :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

That is an interesting new drug.

It works, my backs fine now it kicked in . Read up on it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement