Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy 2 falls down 110 metre well in Malaga

Options
  • 14-01-2019 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/europe/2019/0114/1023158-spain-boy-well/

Having a child around this age this is just an absolute horror story to read, heartbreaking for the family of the young lad who had recently lost another child in tragic circumstances.

The well was just 25cm in diameter. Having been in Spain before I think there health and safety with big drops is absolutely appalling ie little or no fencing to stop people falling to what could be a fatal injury.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of the Simpsons when they heard of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Glad I'm not the only who thought of the Simpsons when I heard of this.

I thought of the parents and what absolute horror they must be going thru. You have to be a right heartless or thick **** to joke about something like this.

Anyone joking about that is one sick puppy.

Hope the kid is ok, doesn’t sound good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Could happen to anyone. Have had geologists bore on land of mine before and areas were always secured off well. To think an aul metal cap thrown on top of a hazard as lethal as that boggles the mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

There's some serious bellend's on this forum.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I thought of the parents and what absolute horror they must be going thru. You have to be a right heartless or thick **** to joke about something like this.

Nope, this episode was the first thing that came to mind. Merely shows the influence the Simpsons has had on people my age.

No need to be mad, friend.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The edgelords in already? Boards.ie truly is a sewer these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Quick call Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I've lived in Spain for a bit. There are places with unprotected 5m drops adjacent to a public footpath.

I used to pass a couple on my way home from work thinking a small child or even someone with a few drinks just needs to make a small misjudgment to be killed.

It's ridiculous.

Quick call Sting

Dig up idiots!

Wait that was a different episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Anyone joking about that is one sick puppy.

Hope the kid is ok, doesn’t sound good.

The bit about screaming and then silence is heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

lawred2 wrote: »

The bag of sweets been found really hit me.

It’s hard to imagine the feelings that would initially cause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭malinheader

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking only p--cks would think of the Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Jesus

That's in bad taste

How exactly?

Boy falls down well. Link posted of cartoon where a boy supposedly falls down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There's some serious bellend's on this forum.

To them it's only some foreign kid. Different matter if it happened here, the Mods would actually bother to put manners on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

riemann wrote: »
    How exactly?

Boy falls down well. Link posted of cartoon where a boy supposedly falls down well.

Because cartoons aren't real life you dullard..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Better show my outrage at the Simpsons link so everyone can see how outraged I am.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Better show my outrage at the Simpsons link so everyone can see how outraged I am.

People virtue signalling on an obscure irish web forum will definitely help some poor kid stuck in a well in Spain

Gringo180 wrote: »
    If you dont know how it just goes to show your morally bankrupt.

What did you expect to achieve with this thread? It's a terrible thing and I hope he's found ok but you can't really expect solemn reverence when you post something online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Holy fcuk that's a horrible story. Can only imagine what the parents are going through. Losing a kid like that would probably break me. Hope there's a happy ending to this story, but not looking likely :(

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those poor parents, their other son already died of a heart attack aged 3 according to the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I immediately thought of the Simpsons.

I suppose I am a heartless monster for remembering a classic episode of a popular show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

I feel sick reading the article. And anyone joking about it are f**king off in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

What did you expect to achieve with this thread? It's a terrible thing and I hope he's found ok but you can't really expect solemn reverence when you post something online.

No, but maybe a little human decency?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭malinheader

I immediately thought of the Simpsons.

I suppose I am a heartless monster for remembering a classic episode of a popular show.

Funny how people are different. I immediately thought of the parents.

Because cartoons aren't real life you dullard..

One could do with thinking before speaking, lest one put one puts one's foot in one's mouth.

One.

I feel sick reading the article. And anyone joking about it are f**king off in the head.

Who's joking about it?

Are you talking about a link to clips from a cartoon where there are some similarities?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,197 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

To be fair any article I've seen about this has had The Simpsons underneath it. So your not that special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm wondering how you're going to work your white supremacy crap into this thread.

Advertisement