Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy 2 falls down 110 metre well in Malaga

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Would like the kid to be ok but 110metres is a long way to fall.

The outrage at the Simpsons clip is the usual over sensitive shyte we have to endure of late.

Some people use humour as a mechanism to deal with situations.

I know as I read the article and how awful a tragedy it is but I was singing 'We are sending our love down the well' in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

It's a horrible tragedy, but that's life and we all have our own **** to deal with. Some deal with it through gallows humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Ninthlife wrote: »

The outrage at the Simpsons clip is the usual over sensitive shyte we have to endure of late.

I know as I read the article and how awful a tragedy it is but I was singing 'We are sending our love down the well' in my head

Correct but outrage is easier these days. I doubt the parents will reference Boards After Hours for updates.
    I am a firm believer that nothing is beyond humour.
    Maybe there should be a Boards forum for hard stories where only serious replies are mandatory?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Correct but outrage is easier these days. I doubt the parents will reference Boards After Hours for updates.
    I am a firm believer that nothing is beyond humour.
    Maybe there should be a Boards forum for hard stories where only serious replies are mandatory?

How about if one of your family died tragically, we could have a good old laugh about that? It'd be 'gallows humour' so that'd make it ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

My heart bleeds for them. Their other child died on them. Poor souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

No You're wrong, the problem isn't the "over senstive shyte" we have to endure it is the complete lack of common decency some people display. Linking this tragedy to a simpsons clip is not "gallows humor", just crass shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

People virtue signalling on an obscure irish web forum will definitely help some poor kid stuck in a well in Spain

Not being a unnecessarily crass kunt doesn't have to be conflated with virtue signaling..

riemann wrote: »
    Who's joking about it?

Are you talking about a link to clips from a cartoon where there are some similarities?

Talk about acting dumb.

How about if one of your family died tragically, we could have a good old laugh about that? It'd be 'gallows humour' so that'd make it ok...

If i die tragically I consent for everyone to have a good laugh at it. The darker the humour the better and a few puns would be a nice tribute too.

joe40 wrote: »
    No You're wrong, the problem isn't the "over senstive shyte" we have to endure it is the complete lack of common decency some people display. Linking this tragedy to a simpsons clip is not "gallows humor", just crass shyte.

No Im not wrong but I may not be right either. And you are neither right or wrong.

What we have is a difference of opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭malinheader

Talk about acting dumb.

Who says there acting

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Ill bet that any knob who is posting jokes or any humour about this article has no children of their own. I do have children and it’s a fu— king heartbreaking story that disturbs me to even read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ill bet that any knob who is posting jokes or any humour about this article has no children of their own. I do have children and it’s a fu— king heartbreaking story that disturbs me to even read.

Well said.

I have kids so there goes your theory.

If i die tragically I consent for everyone to have a good laugh at it. The darker the humour the better and a few puns would be a nice tribute too.

Little bit different when we speak about a 2 year old baby and a family that lost a 3 year old also tragically. Humour and this story don’t go together AT ALL in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

300ft drop poor kid hadn't a hope

the parents will be tortured for the rest of their lives

Little bit different when we speak about a 2 year old baby and a family that lost a 3 year old also tragically. Humour and this story don’t go together AT ALL in my opinion

No denying it is horrendously tragic and to prevent myself lying awake imagining it happen to one of my own or how I would react I suppress that thought decompartmentalise it and use humour/light heartedness as a coping mechanism

Im no monster just human

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Who says there acting

Do you have any self-awareness?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Anyone joking about that is one sick puppy.

Unfortunately they're just emotionally immature and obviously not a parent themselves. They'll be sending a valentine card to their playstation next month.

That's not what I asked....

• Advertisement

That's not what I asked....

I know

If a loved one was involved in a tragic accident no i wouldnt be happy with jokes being made but I would understand the possible reason for it.

No one has laughed at the kid directly, a reference was made to a kid falling down a well in a cartoon episode which is probably 20 years old now.

No denying it is horrendously tragic and to prevent myself lying awake imagining it happen to one of my own or how I would react I suppress that thought decompartmentalise it and use humour/light heartedness as a coping mechanism

Im no monster just human

I am lying beside my sleeping toddler right now in a bit of a rage at clowns making jokes about this article.

BUT

I’m no monster just human

I am lying beside my sleeping toddler right now in a bit of a rage at clowns making jokes about this article.

BUT

I’m no monster just human

Dont be angry as if serves no purpose especially in an online setting.

Embrace your kid and enjoy that moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭malinheader

riemann wrote: »
    Do you have any self-awareness?

Go back and take a good look at the first post.Then take a look at the first reply. Do you have any cop on at all trying to say this is acceptable. Says alot about the society we live in today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Ninthlife wrote:

That is utter ****e. This isn't being over-sensitive. Over-sensitive would be if the wee lad broke his ankle but was confirmed alright and people were calling them out for making fun.
    This is a horrific situation. Either the poor 2 year old died due to the fall or he's alive, possibly conscious and petrified alone in a dark hole. How can anyone make light of that situation? Seriously.

And 'a coping mechanism' is just a crap excuse to dignify someone's dickish behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Well said!

That is utter ****e. This isn't being over-sensitive. Over-sensitive would be if the wee lad broke his ankle but was confirmed alright and people were calling them out for making fun.
    This is a horrific situation. Either the poor 2 year old died due to the fall or he's alive, possibly conscious and petrified alone in a dark hole. How can anyone make light of that situation? Seriously.

And 'a coping mechanism' is just a crap excuse to dignify someone's dickish behaviour.

No one said it isnt horrific. Its the stuff of nightmares

I already gave my reason as to why I would rather not think too much of the incident and my way of dealing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It doesn’t sound good for the poor little lad. Miracles do happen though. Devastating for the family. How would you go on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't think it's funny at all but the implication in a lot of posts seems to be that if the Simpsons scene popped into your head, you are an awful person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,192 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can't be easy trying to perform a rescue when no communications can be got from the boy that gives any indication as to their condition or how best to carry out a rescue.

Advertisement