Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Masters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great frame for Bingham. Stopped Ronnie from starting quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Think this is the first time I've heard of this option to knock about a few balls on the match table an hour before the match. A la tennis. Don't see why a player wouldn't take up the option. Certainly for the less seasoned pros. Luca Brecel did it yesterday but they didn't bother with it before this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Ronnie looks extremely nervy and unsettled in this match so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Think this is the first time I've heard of this option to knock about a few balls on the match table an hour before the match. A la tennis. Don't see why a player wouldn't take up the option. Certainly for the less seasoned pros. Luca Brecel did it yesterday but they didn't bother with it before this match.

Can’t see why they wouldn’t either, seems a no brainer. Ken seemed to be suggesting the players aren’t that keen on the idea, no idea why.

Can’t see why they wouldn’t either, seems a no brainer. Ken seemed to be suggesting the players aren’t that keen on the idea, no idea why.

Got to think it would be a big plus for a qualifier if they could do this in the Crucible. Help to settle down and get a proper feel for the place, and the table.

Got to think it would be a big plus for a qualifier if they could do this in the Crucible. Help to settle down and get a proper feel for the place, and the table.

Absolutely, can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be a regular thing. Anything to help them adjust should be encouraged.

Hasn’t caught fire this match at all, ronnie with his b game but looks like it will be good enough.

Ronnie hitting his stride now, carving out a 96 break from a tricky table to take a 2-1 lead.

Disagree with hendry there, I don’t think this is bingham being intimidated by ronnie. He’s just playing rubbish, simple as. Has a terrible masters record, just seems to hate the event for some reason.

A 134 from Ronnie (that's century #987) to lead 3-1 at the midsession interval.

• Advertisement

987 centuries. When will he pass 1000?

The Nal wrote: »
    987 centuries. When will he pass 1000?

Guessing the welsh open but that’s assuming he keeps winning matches.

Incoming 988

Guessing the welsh open but that’s assuming he keeps winning matches.

Could be this week at this rate!

Could be this week at this rate!

Certainly not beyond the realm of the impossibe anyway.

12 tons to win 23 frames here is unlikely even for Ronnie. Next tournament will be Germany assuming Ronnie plays there, it may be there.

• Advertisement

Didn’t enter germany so next two tournaments will be Grand Prix and Welsh. Toss up between either of those I’d say.

Hope its the Welsh. Eurosport, BBC Wales and Quest all show it.

What is is with Bingham? Am I correct in hearing hes only got out of R1 once?!

Welsh would be good with Willie Thorne on commentary!

What is is with Bingham? Am I correct in hearing hes only got out of R1 once?!

Yes. He reached the semifinals in 2016. Otherwise he's had 7 first-round losses and one loss in the wildcard round.

Long bout of safety on this pink. 15 mins and counting. Lisowski needs it for sure at 2-0 down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Long bout of safety on this pink. 15 mins and counting. Lisowski needs it for sure at 2-0 down

Some contest for the pink there. Sone good safety but some bad misses and the pink always seemed to get safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I’m just not convinced by Jack Lisowski. He’s not bad but I just haven’t seen him play great snooker.

Ding wins two frames in a row on the black to lead 4-0 at the interval.

This will be over early.

I’m just not convinced by Jack Lisowski. He’s not bad but I just haven’t seen him play great snooker.

Looks great when hoovering up the low rankers but keeps falling short against the top guys. I hear people comparing him to trump but trump has won lots of titles and been in a world final. I don’t see that in Lisowski yet and probably never.

Tomorrow's matches...

1pm: Mark Williams vs Neil Robertson

7pm: Barry Hawkins vs Shaun Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Don't know what happened to Bingham there, he never got into a grove at all. Embarrassing at times.

Fast table, strange first frame, Ally Pally London crowd, Ronnie = completely bottled it, maybe.

Was particularly struck by Binghams masters record which now stands at 9 appearances and EIGHT first round exits. Just can’t seem to get it going there for whatever reason. Can’t see why he’d bottle it against ronnie when he’s beaten him previously on several occasions, including at the worlds. Hard to understand really.

Bit of a match here at 3-2 Williams vs Robertson. Some steal in frame 5 by Robertson after Willo missed a sitter for frame ball.

We have a ball game now alright!

• Advertisement

Robertson levels with a century, and it's 3-3 after Williams looked like he was cruising.

Taylor and Davis are always an entertaininng commentary for me. Not often paired together but I think it works well, so long as it's only just the one mention of 1985 allowed per session.

Crazy situation here with the pink.

Williams 3-5 down all of a sudden

Mental stuff from williams, head exploded

I like and hate at how crazy Mark Williams can be

Absolute bonkers frame but great drama all the same!

Couldn't make any sense of that shot on the pink by Williams. :confused:

He's now gone from 3-1 ahead to 3-5 down.

Must have been trying to go up & down table twice with pink but got his angles all mixed up. Only sane explanation I can come up with.

• Advertisement

Must have been trying to go up & down table twice with pink but got his angles all mixed up. Only sane explanation I can come up with.

He had a crazy amount of side on it which was odd. He could've easily just went down the table once. Bizarre stuff.

I think it was just a hit and hope!

He had a crazy amount of side on it which was odd. He could've easily just went down the table once. Bizarre stuff.

I think it was just a hit and hope!

Easiest shot as Taylor alluded to was just play pink onto left cush with cue ball on opposite cush. Simples.

I think your right, it’s just hit and hope. Is he trying to pot it? Seems so as he makes sure to leave a shot on the black. Just insane either way, abnormally stupid.

I love Mark Williams but he can be infuriatingly nonchalant. That was just not the time for a hit and hope. He's out of the tournament now.

Easiest shot as Taylor alluded to was just play pink onto left cush with cue ball on opposite cush. Simples.

I think your right, it’s just hit and hope. Is he trying to pot it? Seems so as he makes sure to leave a shot on the black. Just insane either way, abnormally stupid.

Yeah looked at it a few times and all I can think of is that he was trying to run it round the angles few times and hope it dropped in somewhere. Madness.

Thing is he didn’t just get down and lash it, he actually spent at least a minute thinking about the shot and that’s what his thought process came up with. So very very strange.

Hawkins and Murphy on the red button now. Hawkins just won the first frame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

It's on Eurosport 2 as well

Standard want to lift a bit here, pretty dire stuff so far from both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Murphy very poor tonight. Didn't know he'd moved over to Dublin til they mentioned it in commentary. Wonder where he practices. He's doing an exhibition in the Spawell next month....based on tonight's display I'll keep that €20 in my pocket

Good to see him get a frame in

Murphy very poor tonight. Didn't know he'd moved over to Dublin til they mentioned it in commentary. Wonder where he practices. He's doing an exhibition in the Spawell next month....based on tonight's display I'll keep that €20 in my pocket

Spends a lot of his time up in celbridge I believe sparring heavy sessions with Fergal O’Brien. Seems a decent setup though results not going his way this season. Fair chance he’ll be in the world qualifying if his results don’t pick up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement