Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Early morning check in. No one been savaged by a giant spider I see.

Reminds me of Resident Evil

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I wondered if those "don't touch the web, don't look in to the water...etc" comments were line QI where if you mention the obvious then you trigger them but I see a couple of shelob mentions already and nothings happened.

Our something horrible will happen at 10am :-/

Like what?..the countdown clock will appear?

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Like what?..the countdown clock will appear?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

As in the trap is activated but we won't know until 10am when we find out about munches and poisons.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Morning all

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Morning all

Wendy, I don’t think there’s a lynch this morning. We’re starting with the lynch tonight.

*munch

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman

5 times

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Yeah you're thinking of Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Oh ****!

Oisin WW wrote: »
    5 times

Candyman, candyman

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I worry this will be me during this game

lK2.gif

Will we be doing FFAs today or has anyone got any new ideas they want to throw out there?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Will we be doing FFAs today or has anyone got any new ideas they want to throw out there?

I've zero issues with FFAs but I don't have a clue how you'd generate three names right now.

I've got one name, someone who referred to the village as if they were an "other" grouping. But that's about it, currently, and even that is flimsy. With no tasks and presumably nothing else concrete, is it basically just taking a stab at someone whose posts offend you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Morning folks. Was ambling about this morning and came across an almanac? Anyone know what it does?

Phil WW wrote: »
    I've zero issues with FFAs but I don't have a clue how you'd generate three names right now.

I've got one name, someone who referred to the village as if they were an "other" grouping. But that's about it, currently, and even that is flimsy. With no tasks and presumably nothing else concrete, is it basically just taking a stab at someone whose posts offend you?

Pretty much this. Starting with a lynch means we’ve even less to go on than before. Maybe see about lunch time what people want to do?

Henry WW wrote: »
    Morning folks. Was ambling about this morning and came across an almanac? Anyone know what it does?

Only those true of heart and with the beakering ability of a maiden fair can weild an almanac so proceed with caution young Henry

Henry WW wrote: »

Maybe it summons a giant spider to eat the bearer of the almanac

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Morning village.

Thankfully not a whole lot of posts to catch up on yet. Most have been discussions about the cult/converts/Nagzul interspersed with unwarranted outbursts of poetry.

As a fan, I love the caveat with the Balrog should he target Gandalf. I definitely think Gandalf will become Gandalf the White in that case, but will the Balrog die in the game like he does in the lore? That might seem harsh on the Balrog in a game situation.

Note: I am not the Balrog. I imagine he/she knows the answer to that question, and if not, would ask it in their BR instead of here.

• Advertisement

Pretty much this. Starting with a lynch means we’ve even less to go on than before. Maybe see about lunch time what people want to do?

If we do go FFAs, would it be a good or bad idea to have everyone post them at the exact same time? Good idea if a wolf is pressurised but bad idea as we can’t see bandwagons forming.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Note: I am not the Balrog. I imagine he/she knows the answer to that question, and if not, would ask it in their BR instead of here.
    There was a time when it was not "the" but "a"
    Though that is a story for another day.

Hohohohoho!

I was a broken person yesterday and not really present on Middle Earth Boards, and for today I took on a job at late notice (post sign-up) and will be busy until this evening.

I will do my best to get a decent FFA and some reads, however there's nothing overly alarming so far. A lot of 'helpful villager' posts, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's most people's reasoning in FFAs today given how little we have to go on so far. I'm not as harsh on those helpful villager posts as others might be though, I enjoy a nice balance of shítposting and OP discussion on the first day of a new game. Right now though I'm only at the stage of noticing there's a lot of that kind of posting, I haven't yet taken notice of the posters who are doing most of it or have I tried to draw patterns or potential plays.

Although I have read back over the discussion I'm still unclear about something with the 'majority lynch from Day 2' - Does that mean today is just like a normal lynch and we have until 9pm to debate and decide?

Holly WW wrote: »
    There was a time when it was not "the" but "a"
    Though that is a story for another day.

Hohohohoho!

As in...multiple Balrogs?

*ALERT* We have a Silmarillion reader here folks, get 'em! :pac:

Jake WW wrote: »
    If we do go FFAs, would it be a good or bad idea to have everyone post them at the exact same time? Good idea if a wolf is pressurised but bad idea as we can’t see bandwagons forming.

Great idea in theory, but hard to make a reality. Not even nearly everyone will be around at the same time on Day 1 to coordinate that, IMO.

I think we'll be just lucky today to get FFAs from everyone throughout the day, if that's the way we choose to go.

No one else posting and I realise I'm talking to myself, but I'm taking the online time when I get it today...

Boromir is unfortunately a liability to the village it seems, correcto?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Maybe it summons a giant spider to eat the bearer of the almanac

Oh no, I don't like spiders. I hope that is not what it does. Mind you, it's better than a countdown clock :D

No one else posting and I realise I'm talking to myself, but I'm taking the online time when I get it today...

Boromir is unfortunately a liability to the village it seems, correcto?

not of his own doing but he will actually become a bad team member if converted others while will continue on not knowing they are in the cult if converted and therefore act in the villages interests more so.

Boromir – The Cursed. Should Boromir be targeted for a kill by Team Saruman or a conversion by Sauron, he will either become a wolf or a Nazgul.

All we can do there is hope he isn't targetted though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

"I am not a crook" - Nixon
    "In today's environment it's virtually impossible to violate rules" - Madoff
    "This? This is just a big wooden horse" - Odysseus

Yeah, you know who goes around saying "I'm not the balrog" appropos of nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

#FFA1:
    Barbara WW
    Tegan WW
    Desmond WW

Bonus points for anyone who can identify why I picked these.

Advertisement