Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think nurses will get their payrise?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Fann Linn wrote: »
    SW up 2 billion.

Are you sure?

2015 = 19.967bn
    2016 = 19.867bn
    2017 = 19.942bn

http://www.welfare.ie/en/downloads/Annual_Statistics_Report_2017.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Varta wrote: »
    Quote me as saying that Architects were sheep or apologise for lying.

How the hell did this get planning?

Architects are sheep. These days, there isn't a new build or extension that doesn't have an absurd narrow rectangular window. At least in most cases they are to the side or the rear

1 month, 2 weeks in Accommodation & Property by Varta 72 Replies 7,133 Views 2 Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Varta

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Yes and Twenty Grand too, they have really ganged up on me here.

I've had previous dealings with Mary Brosnan and she is a leeech

Calling out your obvious lies and nonsense is ganging up on you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭alexmalalex

Why not introduce performance-based pay for nurses?

I was in A&E a few months ago with a relative. It really is fascinating to see the change-over of staff - nurses at 8pm and doctors at 10pm. I remember this one nurse, when he came on duty, was so efficient. The zone he was managing was messy - curtains askew, machines here and there, etc - he very quickly tidied the area, prioritized, and got things done proactively and quickly. Other nurses were sloppy, inefficient, and while hard working did not optimise time or resources

So while I think there are natural limits to measuring and incentivizing performance, perhaps the solution is to give nurses a pay rise if they deliver on objectives.

P.S. The nurse in question was Asian, and clearly had been very well trained. I believe international experience is a must for nurses, as it is for doctors.

How the hell did this get planning?

Architects are sheep. These days, there isn't a new build or extension that doesn't have an absurd narrow rectangular window. At least in most cases they are to the side or the rear

1 month, 2 weeks in Accommodation & Property by Varta 72 Replies 7,133 Views 2 Thanks

Different context and a different thread. No way would you have had enough Leaving cert points to get into Psychology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Yes and Twenty Grand too, they have really ganged up on me here.

I've had previous dealings with Mary Brosnan and she is a leeech

Yes, all the accounts who called you out on your bullsh*t are the same :rolleyes: Nice safe space youre creating for yourself there.

Yes, all the accounts who called you out on your bullsh*t are the same :rolleyes: Nice safe space youre creating for yourself there.

Assuming 1988 refers to the year he/she was born, he/she really should have a life by now and explore something other than Internet fora in his/her's ageing mother's box room.

tumblr_msbn732oNP1rdutw3o1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I don't know the full context here obviously - maybe there are good grounds for thinking Dia is full of it, but surely folk haven't been fooled by Mary?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note Guys can ye get back on topic please!

• Advertisement

I don't know the full context here obviously - maybe there are good grounds for thinking Dia is full of it, but surely folk haven't been fooled by Mary?

Excuse me?

Can you explain "full of it"?

Mod Note Guys can ye get back on topic please!

I've been ganged up on by Twenty Grand, Vartra, and Mary Brosnan. Can you dismiss them !

Excuse me?

Can you explain "full of it"?
    Oh I don't know. They're criticising you about something - I don't know whether they have grounds to as I haven't been reading all the replies, so I can't say whether I'd agree with them or not. I'll have a read of the context now so.

I certainly agree with your views on Mary. You'll enjoy this one: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109072938#post109072938

Oh I don't know. They're criticising you about something - I don't know whether they have grounds to as I haven't been reading all the replies, so I can't say whether I'd agree with them or not. I'll have a read of the context now so.

I certainly agree with your views on Mary. You'll enjoy this one: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109072938#post109072938

Can we please keep the thread on topic per the mods instructions...

Those nurses do **** all anyway only sit down at nurses station and bitch how everything is so unfair for them and they're over worked, despite they sitting down for half their shift!
    Ah right - what bollox. How on earth could you expect people not to criticise you over that spiteful comment in relation to people who are charged with taking care of very sick/dying people.

They're not right to be having a go at your job, which is a real thing, but look at you having a go at the nursing profession. Pretty ignorant of an educator too.

Ah right - what bollox. How on earth could you expect people not to criticise you over that spiteful comment in relation to people who are charged with taking care of very sick/dying people.

They're not right to be having a go at your job, which is a real thing, but look at you having a go at the nursing profession. Pretty ignorant of an educator too.

This observation was on foot of first hand information.

This observation was on foot of first hand information.
    One anecdote hardly means they do **** all anyway - you know full well that's not true. 40 minutes at the work station does not mean all day. If they do **** all, then there are a lot of patients being left to die. It's a fact that frontline health workers are run off their feet.

Dia, you are out of line

...maybe come back to the forum when you have cooled down

One anecdote hardly means they do **** all anyway - you know full well that's not true. 40 minutes at the work station does not mean all day. If they do **** all, then there are a lot of patients being left to die. It's a fact that frontline health workers are run off their feet.

Are you on your 13hour shift now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

Dia, you are out of line

...maybe come back to the forum when you have cooled down

Are you the police?

• Advertisement

Are you the police?

Thanks Mary for sticking up for me here!

Are you on your 13hour shift now?
    The "You defend a group so you must be involved with them" comeback, because there is no way a person couldn't be involved with them if they defend them. I suppose I am involved in that my mother worked as a nurse, and no way would I do that extremely tough job.

I think you realise now though that what you said was out of line and not based on anything much, and at least we can agree on Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Looks like a good nights sleep would benefit many. Night night.

Looks like a good nights sleep would benefit many. Night night.

Night John, don’t forget to set your alarm. Deidre will have you if you turn up late again.

Night John, don’t forget to set your alarm. Deidre will have you if you turn up late again.

At least John gets up in the morning for work unlike you!

The "You defend a group so you must be involved with them" comeback, because there is no way a person couldn't be involved with them if they defend them. I suppose I am involved in that my mother worked as a nurse, and no way would I do that extremely tough job.

I think you realise now though that what you said was out of line and not based on anything much, and at least we can agree on Mary.
    So Mommy's a nurse so you won't have a bad thing said about nursing.

Don't be so patronising to me !

At least John gets up in the morning for work unlike you!
    I work night shift, I have to sleep some time.

So Mommy's a nurse so you won't have a bad thing said about nursing.
    No, all the difficult aspects of the job. Look, it was a stupid thing to say that a long tea break on a long shift = doing **** all for the whole day when it's a fact that they're run off their feet. Just deal with it.

No, all the difficult aspects of the job. Look, it was a stupid thing to say that a long tea break on a long shift = doing **** all for the whole day when it's a fact that they're run off their feet. Just deal with it.

Only you said long tea breaks and 40 minutes, I never mentioned that. You're making up stuff to defend nurses.

A g good majority a moany whiney lazy that sit chatting for the vast period of their shift. I've seen this myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    She's very much the exception then, a recent report into pay and conditions carried out the department of public expenditure found that 83% of nurses earn in excess of €40k. Incidentally, the same report found starting salaries to be over €30k and when allowances are added in new graduates could earn over €36k.
    The same report mentioned that the Hse estimate that the average nurse/midwife earns over €11k in allowances on top of their basic salary.

She works in a day ward Monday to Friday and doesn't have to work nights/weekends. So doesn't get any allowances except the one for doing her postgrad which brings her up to the €35k.

Advertisement