Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

Gadaves wrote: »
    What are people doing about the GP letter I know I have to email it back so do I email it to my GP or have I to see him in person ???

Had to see in person. Tried to get it signed without going in. 50 quid 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

rossd92 wrote: »
    Had to see in person. Tried to get it signed without going in. 50 quid 🙄

I'm not bothered about the money, it's just I'll have to travel home from Dublin, and I'll find it difficult.

Did you need go get checked out or do they just go on history?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

I'm not bothered about the money, it's just I'll have to travel home from Dublin, and I'll find it difficult.

Na they check you out. Could you go to a gp in Dublin no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Mine didn't do a check up per se, but did insist on seeing me in person of course. Just asked me how I was feeling and if I felt able to do the fitness test. Thats basically all they have to sign off on. It's just to cover their asses I imagine!

leheaven, I'm not where I wanted to be either. Injured my leg before Xmas, then a relative died on boxing day and now I have the flu so it's been hard to get organised to exercise. Just keep working at it and hopefully you'll get it this time, if not you always have the second go.

I would guess that's why we are doing the physical before the medical, try and get both tries over before offers go out in April/May.
    My super said he got an email asking him to meet me ASAP, so it seems like there is a bit of pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

userunkown wrote: »
    Anyone who has received the GP letter email not been invited to an open day yet?

I got the GP letter and haven’t been invited to the open day! And I think there are a few people with a higher OOM that have been so I’m not sure what the story is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Stuky69

I got the GP letter and haven’t been invited to the open day! And I think there are a few people with a higher OOM that have been so I’m not sure what the story is!

I’ve been to the open day but not got a GP letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Hey, I passed my interview like the first week in December but haven’t heard anything yet! When do you meet your local sergeant or super? Is it before or after physical/medical? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

User2206 wrote: »
    Hey, I passed my interview like the first week in December but haven’t heard anything yet! When do you meet your local sergeant or super? Is it before or after physical/medical? TIA

It’s different for everyone. I was asked to come in over the xmas to meet sergeant and this week to meet super. I haven’t done the physical/ medical yet.

leheaven wrote: »
    It’s different for everyone. I was asked to come in over the xmas to meet sergeant and this week to meet super. I haven’t done the physical/ medical yet.

How long ago did you pass your interview? And do they ring you to ask you to come in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robkell1234

Hey I was just wondering has anyone actually been invited to a date for their physical/medical ? I am OOM 400s and I haven’t got a gp letter or an open day yet? How long will the wait be another few months Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 traceyf933

Hey guys! I know people have been asking constantly and no one can give an exact answer. But I'm OOM 200s and had open day last week and gp clearance being sent in this week too!
    Any idea if everything goes smoothly when exactly we'd be starting in college? And how much having to repeat med or physical would affect this? Meant to be heading away in September and unsure of what to do now? Be wasting a lot of money if I booked and and had to cancel. Also any solid ideas of when this years intakes are?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Anyone having trouble getting their GP letter signed?
    Apparently my doctors surgery doesn’t offer such things and I have been waiting two days for a private clinic to contact me back to see if they do it. Not refusing on medical groups GP was happy to print my medical history just wouldn’t sign any forms - really worried that I won’t get it sorted

How long ago did you pass your interview? And do they ring you to ask you to come in? :)

I only did mine in November as I’d to get it rescheduled and I was told they got my form xmas week in local station. Only thing was that they had my original form I gave in the day of my interview in Dublin but not the extra info I had to send off so I had to explain that. Ya they rang my references first and then rang me to come in. The sergeant was pretty nice, asked why I wanted to go into the guards, told me to call in if I’d any questions and things.

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble getting their GP letter signed?
    Apparently my doctors surgery doesn’t offer such things and I have been waiting two days for a private clinic to contact me back to see if they do it. Not refusing on medical groups GP was happy to print my medical history just wouldn’t sign any forms - really worried that I won’t get it sorted

That’s actually ridiculous if your own gp won’t sign it. I haven’t dropped mine in yet but I can’t imagie there would be a problem as long as we’re healthy enough to do it and not at risk of a heart attack or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hendo98

They said that nobody really knows when the intakes are. The instructors didnt seem to know at the open day

traceyf933 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I know people have been asking constantly and no one can give an exact answer. But I'm OOM 200s and had open day last week and gp clearance being sent in this week too!
    Any idea if everything goes smoothly when exactly we'd be starting in college? And how much having to repeat med or physical would affect this? Meant to be heading away in September and unsure of what to do now? Be wasting a lot of money if I booked and and had to cancel. Also any solid ideas of when this years intakes are?

Apparently first intake will be in April, haven’t heard about the two intakes later in the year though. I’ve been told not to put things on hold even though this year they are flying through this campaign. You will get a few weeks notice though.

leheaven wrote: »
    I only did mine in November as I’d to get it rescheduled and I was told they got my form xmas week in local station. Only thing was that they had my original form I gave in the day of my interview in Dublin but not the extra info I had to send off so I had to explain that. Ya they rang my references first and then rang me to come in. The sergeant was pretty nice, asked why I wanted to go into the guards, told me to call in if I’d any questions and things.

Wow that sound like it moved very fast for you! :D I got an email from Garda HQ the other day just asking a couple of things about my references so at least I know someone has gone through my form B, maybe they will contact my references now that I cleared some things up with them :)

[/QUOTE]

That’s actually ridiculous if your own gp won’t sign it. I haven’t dropped mine in yet but I can’t imagie there would be a problem as long as we’re healthy enough to do it and not at risk of a heart attack or something.[/quote]

He wouldn’t sign it. Offered to print or my medical history and attach it to the form but said they couldn’t offer that service. Unsure what reasoning. I’ve spoke to some private clinics this afternoon who are all stumped as to why he won’t sign it and concerned they can’t as they don’t know me - so I’m kind of in a catch 22 - will have to ring recruitment tomorrow and explain my situation as needs signed off by Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

What’s the gaps between intakes? Is there many classes in the college at a time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Uweir32 wrote: »

That’s actually ridiculous if your own gp won’t sign it. I haven’t dropped mine in yet but I can’t imagie there would be a problem as long as we’re healthy enough to do it and not at risk of a heart attack or something.[/quote]

He wouldn’t sign it. Offered to print or my medical history and attach it to the form but said they couldn’t offer that service. Unsure what reasoning. I’ve spoke to some private clinics this afternoon who are all stumped as to why he won’t sign it and concerned they can’t as they don’t know me - so I’m kind of in a catch 22 - will have to ring recruitment tomorrow and explain my situation as needs signed off by Friday[/QUOTE]

----

What the heck? My GP was more than happy.. I had to go for something else that day but my GP did a check of my BP and everything, asked me some questions about my health and signed it off. My GP even asked about the training and was even interested and happy for me.

Your one is a strange one... annoying, hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement

Has anyone that hasn’t recieved a gp letter yet been in touch with PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mezzac95

Has anyone that hasn’t recieved a gp letter yet been in touch with PAS?

No I was advised not to ring as it could be just a hold up with vetting! A bit annoying though

mezzac95 wrote: »
    No I was advised not to ring as it could be just a hold up with vetting! A bit annoying though

Oh really? I always thought that they were okay to ring and ask questions haha might send them an email instead so haha :)

Oh really? I always thought that they were okay to ring and ask questions haha might send them an email instead so haha :)

I’m not sure to be honest! Probably no harm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eimear180

mezzac95 wrote: »
    I’m not sure to be honest! Probably no harm :)

I did ring - the guy said that I will be sent the e-mail soon it just wasn’t sent yet (really vague). I asked about OOM as there were people with higher OOM who had got the email for GP letter and he said that the OOM doesn’t come into it until everything is done (physical and medical) and then it is used for offering places.

Eimear180 wrote: »
    I did ring - the guy said that I will be sent the e-mail soon it just wasn’t sent yet (really vague). I asked about OOM as there were people with higher OOM who had got the email for GP letter and he said that the OOM doesn’t come into it until everything is done (physical and medical) and then it is used for offering places.

Ah brill thanks for the update! That would probably make sense then because I hadn’t got the details of a deceased relative of mine on my clearance form on the day of my interview and had to send it on again with my eircodes so maybe that’s why I haven’t been contacted yet because they were waiting for my to forward on the details! I’ve done it now about 2 weeks ago so hopefully I hear soon :)

Eimear180 wrote: »

Ah grand thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

I nearly had an issue with getting my GP Clearance form signed as my GP was on annual leave but she was nice enough to come in to especially sign off on my form to ensure I had it before Friday deadline! Hopefully we will get dates for the PCT next week...I may be too optimistic on that lol.

I still haven’t got mine signed. I don’t know if it’s a northern thing but couldn’t get anyone in Belfast to do it I’ve an appointment tomorrow in County Down with w private GP my heads fried over this if I don’t get it tomorrow I don’t know what else to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Anybody with OOM in 500s get called to local station yet?

Advertisement