Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Has everyone received the GP letter or just a select number. I'm in late 400s and have received the email.
    Saw that others lower than me have not...
    Anyone higher OOM got the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

userunkown wrote: »
    Has everyone received the GP letter or just a select number. I'm in late 400s and have received the email.
    Saw that others lower than me have not...
    Anyone higher OOM got the email?

No I’m early 400s and didn’t get one? I’m curious as to why! I’ve emailed them today to make sure they’ve received all my documentation to make sure I’m not being delayed so hopefully I hear back tomorrow! If not I’ll ring after lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eimear180

User2206 wrote: »
    No I’m early 400s and didn’t get one? I’m curious as to why! I’ve emailed them today to make sure they’ve received all my documentation to make sure I’m not being delayed so hopefully I hear back tomorrow! If not I’ll ring after lunch time!

Hi, I’m OOM 165 and haven’t got an e-mail. Maybe I should contact them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Eimear180 wrote: »

Yeah if I was you I would, cause you should defo have recieved one I’m guessing! Maybe it’s to do with something on our form b?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

I haven't heard anything, hope it's not a big issue? They will be getting a few phone calls tomorrow by the sounds of it haha

• Advertisement

User2206 wrote: »
    Yeah if I was you I would, cause you should defo have recieved one I’m guessing! Maybe it’s to do with something on our form b?

Yeah I’ll send an email - I had forwarded all the additional info they asked for and got my invite to the open day on Saturday so I assumed everything was being processed. Best to check though. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mezzac95

Eimear180 wrote: »

I’m in the 20’s and I haven’t received the email either!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

How is everybody preparing for their fitness test? I've been using a bleep test app on my phone and doing that daily, tbh I'm struggling with it as it's difficult and just about getting to stage 8.1 each time. I've a decent BMI of 19 and goto the gym 3-4 times a week, just not used to doing as much cardio as I focus on weights.

How's everyone preparing for it? I'm staying away from treadmills as I believe the bleep-test training I've been doing is sufficient just difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Smallboy wrote: »
    How is everybody preparing for their fitness test? I've been using a bleep test app on my phone and doing that daily, tbh I'm struggling with it as it's difficult and just about getting to stage 8.1 each time. I've a decent BMI of 19 and goto the gym 3-4 times a week, just not used to doing as much cardio as I focus on weights.

How's everyone preparing for it? I'm staying away from treadmills as I believe the bleep-test training I've been doing is sufficient just difficult.

I haven’t even thought about it tbh. Do you know when your physical is? I haven’t got word about mine yet. I thought I’d be waiting months for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

farrelly90 wrote: »
    I haven’t even thought about it tbh. Do you know when your physical is? I haven’t got word about mine yet. I thought I’d be waiting months for it.

No, I haven't a clue. My OOM is in the early 500's and my vetting is for not a lot of people and all of which are Irish and in Ireland and live here so I'm imaging (just approximating) it could be within the next 3-5 months so am trying to get well ahead of myself.
    If you haven't started preparing I would suggest even light cardio just to get your body used to the actual running and jogging aspect. It's difficult but with prep it's possible - which is why I'm asking for advice on how people are prepping, we're all gonna be a team one day we might as well help each other out :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

No, I haven't a clue. My OOM is in the early 500's and my vetting is for not a lot of people and all of which are Irish and in Ireland and live here so I'm imaging (just approximating) it could be within the next 3-5 months so am trying to get well ahead of myself.
    If you haven't started preparing I would suggest even light cardio just to get your body used to the actual running and jogging aspect. It's difficult but with prep it's possible - which is why I'm asking for advice on how people are prepping, we're all gonna be a team one day we might as well help each other out :P

For the time being I’m using a bike just to stay some what fit as I have a hair line fracture on my foot (drunken wedding stupidity). I know there’s YouTube videos of the beep test that you can use as I have used it before in classes. I attached a photo of a thing I found online that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hendo98

Hi guys. Just wondering does anyone know roughly what time the open day will be finished up at tomorrow?

Hendo98 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just wondering does anyone know roughly what time the open day will be finished up at tomorrow?

Yeah was wondering that too..anyone that was down for the open day in November - what time did you get finished up at? Cheers

Did anybody on the lower end, who hasn't received any next stage info like GP request or an invite to the open day ring up to see if they had any hold ups? I'll be calling Monday on my day off

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Jecz wrote: »
    Did anybody on the lower end, who hasn't received any next stage info like GP request or an invite to the open day ring up to see if they had any hold ups? I'll be calling Monday on my day off

What OOM are you?

lealor17 wrote: »
    What OOM are you?

I'm 426, but there are people lower then me that have not heard anything past being told they past the interview and people higher then me who have

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Jecz wrote: »
    I'm 426, but there are people lower then me that have not heard anything past being told they past the interview and people higher then me who have

Well I'm in the 280s and I've been asked to the open day but never got the GP letter email. So a little confused. Might ring them too and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Has anyone who sent off their signed GP form got any confirmation email back to know that they received it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Red59 wrote: »
    Has anyone who sent off their signed GP form got any confirmation email back to know that they received it ?

I didn't receive a reply anyway, I've seen people on other threads not getting replies either so I don't think it's anything to worry about!

Vital Work wrote: »
    I didn't receive a reply anyway, I've seen people on other threads not getting replies either so I don't think it's anything to worry about!

Yeah I'm the same. I didnt get any reply when I sent some extra stuff for my Form B back either so I'd say they don't reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Anyone from Cork going up to templemore on the 26th?
    Also, how’s training going for fitness test? I’m finding it difficult to build upper body strenght and do push ups. Can’t afford to sign up for a new gym membership. I got the GP form so I’m getting a bit worried now.

The people who didn’t receive the gp form yet did you have a meeting with your local Sargent?

Im finding it difficult to be honest. Before the xmas I was exhausted from Coll and work so didn’t get much training in. Over the hols I’ve been out walking and jogging, using weights, doing sit ups etc I don’t feel like I’m doing enough though, push-ups are so hard and I haven’t done more than 5 yet. I printed off the gp form this eve and I’ve been going through the requirements again so I can try work out a new plan.

leheaven wrote: »
    Anyone from Cork going up to templemore on the 26th?
    Also, how’s training going for fitness test? I’m finding it difficult to build upper body strenght and do push ups. Can’t afford to sign up for a new gym membership. I got the GP form so I’m getting a bit worried now.

Don't worry I'm that strong either. I find its just best to keep practicing them and building up to the amount of push ups you need to do. You'll get there :)

Hendo98 wrote: »
    Don't worry I'm that strong either. I find its just best to keep practicing them and building up to the amount of push ups you need to do. You'll get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Im finding it difficult to be honest. Before the xmas I was exhausted from Coll and work so didn’t get much training in. Over the hols I’ve been out walking and jogging, using weights, doing sit ups etc I don’t feel like I’m doing enough though, push-ups are so hard and I haven’t done more than 5 yet. I printed off the gp form this eve and I’ve been going through the requirements again so I can try work out a new plan.

Don't stress to much just keep at it ,if you fail the first time you will get a second shot anyways

Don't stress to much just keep at it ,if you fail the first time you will get a second shot anyways

Thanks. I didn't know that. I thought I'd have to go through it all from stage 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Thanks. I didn't know that. I thought I'd have to go through it all from stage 1 again.

Nah the fitness can be repeated ,and it's common enough for people to miss out the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Anyone who has received the GP letter email not been invited to an open day yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

What are people doing about the GP letter I know I have to email it back so do I email it to my GP or have I to see him in person ???

Advertisement