Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,314 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wasn’t a great rally apart from Jericho popping up at the end, and even that was an anticlimax. Think they need a few more big signings to really hit the ground running, but Jericho is definitely the type that will turn wrestler’s heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,119 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have 4 months to get a roster together and a TV deal to follow the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wasn’t a great rally apart from Jericho popping up at the end, and even that was an anticlimax. Think they need a few more big signings to really hit the ground running, but Jericho is definitely the type that will turn wrestler’s heads.

Hard to sign talent that are still under contracts elsewhere tbh. They did about what I expected them to do except a partnership with TV network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nah I think you'll see them fill out the roster in the coming months/weeks with working agreements with other companies I reckon

what belt did Pac have with him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose May gives them time to wait for some contracts to expire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,314 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hard to sign talent that are still under contracts elsewhere tbh. They did about what I expected them to do except a partnership with TV network.

Of course I didn’t expect them to announce a full roster on their first night, I meant they will have to make quality acquisitions to make their brand worth watching, as opposed to filling the roster with highly talented but not hugely popular indy darlings. For the money going into this, they need to do a bit more than your standard promotion.

Excited to see where it goes anyway. With the Khan family backing it, I have high expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ThePott

Whoa can't believe they brought back the most legendary thing from WWE
    Pyro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The crowd was so smarky they wouldn't even chant y2j at Jericho

Well one thing I learned from this: Jericho won't be in the Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nah I think you'll see them fill out the roster in the coming months/weeks with working agreements with other companies I reckon

what belt did Pac have with him

Dragon Gate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The biggest news for me is CIMA being in board. He's one of the best in the world and his Chinese promotion is intriguing.

PAC and Jericho on board is great, but they need more names. Of the rumours are true and some NXT and WWE talent want to jump ship, the Bucks and Cody need to snap them up.

Another TNA trap they need to avoid is just hiring someone because they worked in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,119 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Billy Gunn is going to be a backstage producer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

MJF is a great hire imo

Im assuming end of January when Kenny's contract runs out

Really enjoyed that rally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wouldn't be surprised if Conrad got a commentary role out of this. At worst he will be a backstage announcer I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

The fact that Brandi Rhodes has an executive position in this company immediately lets us know that this is just a vanity project.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's a sad day

What a career y2j had in wwe/wwf and now he's forgotten about in there eyes for a while at least

Possibly the next time we might see him in wwe is for his deserved HOF induction

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's a sad day

What a career y2j had in wwe/wwf and now he's forgotten about in there eyes for a while at least

Possibly the next time we might see him in wwe is for his deserved HOF induction

Don't see how that's sad. There's a whole wide world outside WWE.

Jericho gets more out of being in AEW than AEW gets out of having Jericho.
    He gets to remain relevant and over with the smarky base. I suppose he is now "cool" to some fans.

But in reality he's not half the worker he was five years ago, he's flabby, he's self indulgent to the point that it overshadows his opponents, and he is only going to AEW because he feels like a scorned lover after Vince refused him WWE talent for his smark cruise.

People excited about Jericho signing with AEW need to realise that this is just a stop gap for him.
    It's like having a bad split with your girlfriend and then putting up pics of yourself on Facebook with tons of sexy women on nights out, hoping that your ex will see it and be jealous.

Jericho is still in love with his ex. So when his ex texts him to say that there is a HOF ring waiting for him, and all he has to do to get it is take down all those pics of him and the sexy women, pay her more attention and be nicer to her mother, then he can move back to the apartment and see the dog they bought together and have nightly sex.

(Wait, I'm supposed to be talking about Jericho, sorry for trailing off, I have a lot on my mind.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Its like some people dont think there is life outside of wwe

aew can only be good for wrestling fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

raven136 wrote: »
    Its like some people dont think there is life outside of wwe

aew can only be good for wrestling fans

If you dont like the elite and there shtick theres reasons to be sceptical about this mainly, i know im a bit sceptical cause i dont buy into the elite are these creative geniuses people think they are. but ill give it go but im really hoping it succeds cause i think it will make wrestling improve with competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Think the Jericho signing is sensible tbh considering what little is available right now it makes sense.
    They can possibly do the Omega rematch down the line which was his best match since the Hbk ladder match. He won't have an issue with putting others over either.
    Might be old but not a useless worker like an Undertaker & can deliver a good match unlike most of the guys still trying at his age.
    The matches with Naito, Evil & Omega were far better than any of the stuff he did in the last few years with Owens, Styles or Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sirmanga wrote: »
    The fact that Brandi Rhodes has an executive position in this company immediately lets us know that this is just a vanity project.

So I guess her degrees, practical experience and 7 years in the business before being made Chief Brand Officer count for nothing then?

Cause vanity project.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's a sad day

Dude it's 2019, expand beyond watching WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Katalina Lemon Page

I’m going to be in Florida for 3 weeks in June. Wonder will the second show be on then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jericho is a smart grab for AEW. He's not being brought in for work rates. He's being brought in as a big name to generate interest, the name casuals will see and draw them in. He won't be "the guy", but he's going to be able to drag a few lesser known guys up a rung or two with feuds as the wiley old veteran. He gives them instant credibility at a top level.

As for the vanity project accusation.....so? WWE is a vanity project, TNA was a vanity project, WCW and ECW, ROH....they all are somebody's vanity project. So what?

People bemoan WWE constantly, giving out about horrid writing, wasting talents, treating them horrifically. And then someone new FINALLY comes along, says all the right things (Health care, contracts, equal pay, wins/losses meaning something, giving talents a chance) and whats the reaction? "lol vanity project, what a joke!" before the product even gets off the ground. Fact is, WWE's problems stem from an utter lack of competition. Vince doesn't have to do much other than play with the toys he wants, yet he makes money hand over fist.

So, personally, I couldn't care less if this is a "vanity project" (or as I'd call it, a passion project). It being successful will push WWE to have to up their game as well. Fair play to Cody and his family and friends for actually trying to improve the industry. Even if it all falls flat, he's got my respect for starting this off saying all the right things, and making some strong, strong moves in the initial moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bit disingenuous.

Not sure what her degree is in, but she has a masters in broadcast journalism, and has worked in the business for a long time now.

Just because on camera she's a model/valet, doesn't mean she's not capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

"Saying all the right things" is not a positive attribute. It's quite the opposite unless the said things are acted upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I'm sure the Khan's are fronting millions and millions of dollars for Brandi Rhodes' vanity.

Can only assume WWE is also a vanity project for Stephanie McMahon, then?

Advertisement