Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Could be a very different draft this year if we don't get more sign ups. We usually hit the 20 mark but even if it is well below that for me that would only make things more interesting (not that I want that), imagine the options given what has gone before if you only had 10/11 others competing for picks.

Was only thinking that this evening. The talent pool would be massive.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    If we did only get 10 sign ups, I would like to see a change to the tag team rule. Stretch it out to a year rather than a 3 month tag period

Hmmm, I'd like to see what others thought on that too. There's a couple of regular picks which would be ineligible under that change, I'm wondering is it too restrictive though.

Happy to go with popular opinion on this. I think I'll leave the write-ups process as is though, although given we're now slipping into niche territory I'd be open to changing it if others wanted it too.

Either way we'll be starting on Monday 7th Jan for the picks phase.

I've also messaged Shag and Lord about competing regardless assuming the 20 quota isn't reached, I'm sure we'd all prefer them in rather than out :)
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd love to take part this year, as I've been M.I.A from it in recent years, alas with me heading into the final semester of University, and the work load that'll ensue, I can't commit, but will be following along any chance I get.

That's a shame Lithium, would have been good to have you back!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey,

As I said, I really can't commit to the write up section. But if ye are ok with it, I would be more than happy to participate in the draft portion of the competition, and then try to do a PPV card with a summary of what the stories would be?

I just don't want people to get frustrated cause I draft someone onto a roster with little intentions of writing a novella about what I'd do with them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey,

As I said, I really can't commit to the write up section. But if ye are ok with it, I would be more than happy to participate in the draft portion of the competition, and then try to do a PPV card with a summary of what the stories would be?

I just don't want people to get frustrated cause I draft someone onto a roster with little intentions of writing a novella about what I'd do with them :o

I'm happy with that anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah Lord as per my PM I'm happy with you playing in the draft portion, as I said at the start I've got a few extra slammies planned for that section too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah lads would love to take part , but last year I jumped in when I shouldn't have and ended up having to no show , it'd be the same this year just haven't the time I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Count me in so.

Breaks my heart that I spent half an hour in work earlier in the week drafting up feuds I’d like :)

To anyone out there reading this and even half tempted to give it a lash.... go for it. It's great fun. I learned loads last year and spent many fruitful hours dreaming up scenarios for my roster.

Hopefully we can push towards 16 or so participants anyway. With lower numbers it's obviously tempting to pick the big names, but I'd more fun writing for the less established names last year than I did writing for Stone Cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

If people are good with it i'd probably be in a similar boat to TSC & unable to commit to a full write-up but would happily take part in drafting with a view to submitting a PPV card. Maybe put me on reserve & if the numbers don't get filled I'd be glad to go for it then.

If people are good with it i'd probably be in a similar boat to TSC & unable to commit to a full write-up but would happily take part in drafting with a view to submitting a PPV card. Maybe put me on reserve & if the numbers don't get filled I'd be glad to go for it then.

No worries Brad!

Tomorrow it begins again. Draft order will be up sometime in the morning.

As in previous years round 2 will be a reverse order round to round 1, I think it works well.

As for other stipulations....

Well time will tell ;)

• Advertisement

Picks Thread is now up!

I'll post the first round order tomorrow morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maybe we don’t need the new tag limit if we still only have 13/14 sign ups at start time?

Why is it be revised? I nearly almost always find myself chasing tag teams in the final rounds to pad out some sort of a tag division.

Maybe we don’t need the new tag limit if we still only have 13/14 sign ups at start time?

ShagNastii wrote:
    Why is it be revised? I nearly almost always find myself chasing tag teams in the final rounds to pad out some sort of a tag division.

Happy to revise it if there's a general consensus that's what people want tbh.

Right, kids off to school. Just getting set up and I'll have round 1 up shortly. Say by about 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id be still for a change in the duration a team have tagged together. Maybe 6 months from 3 months

Id be still for a change in the duration a team have tagged together. Maybe 6 months from 3 months

Doubt Necro will be changing much at this stage but TBH I wouldn’t have said anything about the rules now that we are starting except for the fact that there are less players and imo as many restrictions on picks might not be needed as a result. A lot of people who usually get picked probably won’t at all because of the lower number of competitors for example this year.

Round 1 Order:

SlickRic
    Necro
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    Alfred Borden
    Bounty Hunter
    Shagnastii
    JP Liz V1
    paulie21
    daithi1989
    Mr. Guappa
    Mr. Nice Guy
    Lord TSC
    Ruat Caelum

Stipulation as per the other thread:

Only wrestlers who have had a televised match in the past six months are eligible for drafting in this round. (For the benefits of those with better tech know-how than Cap, televised also includes live matches on other forms of media such as Facebook, or their own network for example).

I'll shoot a PM to SlickRic to hopefully get us started ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Necro wrote: »
    Round 1 Order:

SlickRic
    Necro
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    Alfred Borden
    Bounty Hunter
    Shagnastii
    JP Liz V1
    paulie21
    daithi1989
    Mr. Guappa
    Mr. Nice Guy
    Lord TSC
    Ruat Caelum

Stipulation as per the other thread:

Only wrestlers who have had a televised match in the past six months are eligible for drafting in this round. (For the benefits of those with better tech know-how than Cap, televised also includes live matches on other forms of media such as Facebook, or their own network for example).

I'll shoot a PM to SlickRic to hopefully get us started ASAP!

I'm actually a bit nervous now. Unexpected! Had an idea of the type of roster I wanted....but it was quite specific...

Well I know who I want

• Advertisement

I'm actually a bit nervous now. Unexpected! Had an idea of the type of roster I wanted....but it was quite specific...

I wouldn't be too concerned, being last this round means you'll essentially get a double pick :D

Round 2 order will be reverse order as per previous years.

Question is will there be another stip....

giphy.gif

Well I know who I want

As do but I’m now working out my 3rd and 4th after the stip reveal. TBH I wouldn’t worry about getting a low number this round as it means a top pick when the stip is lifted, might actually be preferable to a middle pick both times and waiting to see who takes your planned pick, (the feckers) that’s why I plan in advance these days for early rounds.

Also do you want me to make the picks thread a sticky? Some miss stickied threads on their phones but its usually helpful so people find the thread easier and see who's go it is. Remember to pm the person after you when you pick folks

Also do you want me to make the picks thread a sticky? Some miss stickied threads on their phones but its usually helpful so people find the thread easier and see who's go it is. Remember to pm the person after you when you pick folks

Yeah if you wouldn't mind BH. As I said above I've PMed Slick anyways so he should be around soon hopefully. I'm pretty sure on who I want as well tbh, couple of options rolling around in my head but fairly sure on one in particular. Just hoping Ric doesn't take them :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah if you wouldn't mind BH. As I said above I've PMed Slick anyways so he should be around soon hopefully. I'm pretty sure on who I want as well tbh, couple of options rolling around in my head but fairly sure on one in particular. Just hoping Ric doesn't take them :pac:
    Ah the irrational dont draft who I want thoughts.

You just never know do you

Ah the irrational dont draft who I want thoughts.

You just never know do you

Best part of the draft imo. Always have option B, C, D, E and all the other letters of the alphabet to go with your first ideas :pac:

Ive opinion b, its got nothing on option a though

I've had one name in mind for a while now (since last year's ended pretty much!) for a pretty specific idea. Haven't even thought about an alternative, but I'm pretty worried now!

Do we need to tweak the tag team rule of 3 months? It’s often an issue.

• Advertisement

Presumably anyone else looking to participate can still join and take the next slot at end of the first round?

Advertisement