Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy McCarthy RIP

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

DT has been approached but he is considering his options!
    Somehow I think he wouldn't fit in with well with the psychology
    of the local radio station or how would they react to him.

He would be a big fish in a small goldfish bowl.
    How would the egotists react to his presence?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

Damien Tiernan confirmed this morning as the new host of Deise Today...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Emanine wrote:
    Damien Tiernan confirmed this morning as the new host of Deise Today...

I like tiernan, I wish him the best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭decies

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I like tiernan, I wish him the best

Big change from Eamon Keane , Keane could throw some light relief into even serious topics , Tiernan is going to be a much heavy hitter not sure politicians will like it . Will give him a chance hopefully he surprises us , but damn I miss Eamon badly .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

decies wrote: »
    Big change from Eamon Keane , Keane could throw some light relief into even serious topics , Tiernan is going to be a much heavy hitter not sure politicians will like it . Will give him a chance hopefully he surprises us , but damn I miss Eamon badly .

About ****ing time they had someone to make them squirm a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Damien Tiernan is a good journalist but it does all depend on whether your man Whelan who owns WLRFM is a pal of some of the local chancers we call politicians so that will be a factor in how tough Tiernan can get with them, I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

decies wrote: »

There appears to be a link up now with the Irish Times. The muzzle will be applied.

However fair play to Damien, take the (not huge) money and just do what you have to, although i thought he would have commanded better in the industry.

There'll never be another Eamonn in WLR, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

91wx763 wrote: »
    There appears to be a link up now with the Irish Times. The muzzle will be applied.

However fair play to Damien, take the (not huge) money and just do what you have to, although i thought he would have commanded better in the industry.

There'll never be another Eamonn in WLR, believe me.

Why do you say that there will never be another Eamonn?

Advertisement