Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Billy McCarthy RIP

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭ TheQuietFella

DT has been approached but he is considering his options!
    Somehow I think he wouldn't fit in with well with the psychology
    of the local radio station or how would they react to him.

He would be a big fish in a small goldfish bowl.
    How would the egotists react to his presence?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ Emanine

Damien Tiernan confirmed this morning as the new host of Deise Today...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78

Emanine wrote:
    Damien Tiernan confirmed this morning as the new host of Deise Today...

I like tiernan, I wish him the best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭ decies

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I like tiernan, I wish him the best

Big change from Eamon Keane , Keane could throw some light relief into even serious topics , Tiernan is going to be a much heavy hitter not sure politicians will like it . Will give him a chance hopefully he surprises us , but damn I miss Eamon badly .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ Christy Browne

decies wrote: »
    Big change from Eamon Keane , Keane could throw some light relief into even serious topics , Tiernan is going to be a much heavy hitter not sure politicians will like it . Will give him a chance hopefully he surprises us , but damn I miss Eamon badly .

About ****ing time they had someone to make them squirm a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭ Wanderer2010

Damien Tiernan is a good journalist but it does all depend on whether your man Whelan who owns WLRFM is a pal of some of the local chancers we call politicians so that will be a factor in how tough Tiernan can get with them, I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ 91wx763

decies wrote: »

There appears to be a link up now with the Irish Times. The muzzle will be applied.

However fair play to Damien, take the (not huge) money and just do what you have to, although i thought he would have commanded better in the industry.

There'll never be another Eamonn in WLR, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭ Wanderer2010

91wx763 wrote: »
    There appears to be a link up now with the Irish Times. The muzzle will be applied.

However fair play to Damien, take the (not huge) money and just do what you have to, although i thought he would have commanded better in the industry.

There'll never be another Eamonn in WLR, believe me.

Why do you say that there will never be another Eamonn?

Advertisement