Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Serious performance by Defi Du Seuil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The Mig wrote: »
    Serious performance by Defi Du Seuil

Very good alright. Topofthegame also needs marking up. Gave them 20 lengths at the start.

Yeah disappointing he didn't jump off level with them

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

I see WH are 9/1 on Laurina to go unbeaten this year. Only has to run once to validate bet. SkyB are 6/1 the same market but the horse has to run minimum three times, in the 18-19 NH season. 9/1 seems a touch big. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

culline wrote: »
    I see WH are 9/1 on Laurina to go unbeaten this year. Only has to run once to validate bet. SkyB are 6/1 the same market but the horse has to run minimum three times, in the 18-19 NH season. 9/1 seems a touch big. Thoughts?

Interesting one. Considering you can back her at 5s for the mares and over 6s for the champion, those odds look nothing special, but that 9s still might tempt me. If she wins this weekend, there’s a chance they’ll skip xmas, head straight to festival and then likely punchestown where she’d be warm fav you’d imagine if still unbeaten.
    Only thing puts me off is the prospect of having to beat Buvair Dair. She’d have to be another Annie power to do that and not sure I can have her in that league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

kiers47 wrote: »
    Very good alright. Topofthegame also needs marking up. Gave them 20 lengths at the start.

Nicholls seems to really like him, planning to go for Feltham in Kempton next. Think Santini being aimed at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

The boom is back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

• Advertisement

I recall Henderson saying he might step Altior up in trip next season after his recent win, and that he was lame and sore post race against un de sceux after that really tough race. I have a strong feeling that something will beat him this march in the Champion Chase. 1/2 fav

Humm surprise entry for Altior

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/altior-to-light-up-kempton-on-thursday-in-desert-orchid-chase/358654

Still, I’m thinking something will come out of the woodwork to challenge him in March if he makes it

Footpad race next week will be interesting

Well, all we have is few big meetings left trials day end of January and then the fabulous Dublin Racing Festival being two of them. 10 weeks left to the first of the big spring festivals. It’s a very blurred and odd looking season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The gold cup is so open!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »

Knew there was something up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Laurina confirmed for Sandown tomorrow 1.50 race moved for ITV. Ruby on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Badabing wrote: »
    Laurina confirmed for Sandown tomorrow 1.50 race moved for ITV. Ruby on board.

Let's hope the ferry doesn't get cancelled ;)

Other than the experience of traveling, not sure what else will be achieved, mares listed event with 4 20 lb give or take inferior runners hardly tests her

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I fancy Elixer Du Nutz tomorrow in the Tolworth, I think it should be favourite. Looks a completely different horse this season, hopefully the ground won’t be too much of an issue.

• Advertisement

abarkie wrote: »
    Let's hope the ferry doesn't get cancelled ;)
    She's there. Cantered on the track this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

she will be 3/1 for the CH by Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

she will be 3/1 for the CH by Sunday
    Should have a zero added. Her current price is madness.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Should have a zero added. Her current price is madness.

Why u think so Aidan? Its not like it has much to beat

Why u think so Aidan? Its not like it has much to beat

for the champion I mean ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

aidankkk wrote: »
    for the champion I mean ..

Its due to nothing else being worth a sh1te in that division and BD getting bet, they need something to make a splash

i mean the CH too Aidan
    I fail to understand your negativity towards Laurina
    Don't get me wrong, I understand it being a relative novice at this level etc, however, I would say its the ONLY horse in the betting capable of putting it up to BD and as such, I would think a price of say 4/1 would be VERY appealing if that price on the day
    Its a very weak CH division lately
    The days of Hurrican Fly V Jezki V Our Conor are gone

i mean the CH too Aidan
    I fail to understand your negativity towards Laurina
    Don't get me wrong, I understand it being a relative novice at this level etc, however, I would say its the ONLY horse in the betting capable of putting it up to BD and as such, I would think a price of say 4/1 would be VERY appealing if that price on the day
    Its a very weak CH division lately
    The days of Hurrican Fly V Jezki V Our Conor are gone

Im never going to fancy anything at that price this far out, but she should be a longer price than Verdana Blue/Sharjah/ and Melon for sure.

I mean she has basically beaten nothing of note whatsoever. Nearly all the horses she has beaten haven't won since or haven't been seen.

That said my brother has a contact in mullins that said the last 2 years Penhill couldn't be beat ( and i ignored him), the same contact has been saying this year that Laurina is a monster and wins the CH (and well before she was her current price). Again im ignoring that this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

I have a better chance in the champion hurdle than PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I have a better chance in the champion hurdle than PM

Saddle up so

Advertisement