Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

sea12 wrote: »
    What is that?

Blacktop (asphalt) being laid. First stages of the final paving of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

spacetweek wrote: »

Cheers looked very brown in color which was confusing me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭prunudo

Have never seen it being brought to the paver via dump truck before.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

spacetweek wrote: »

It's not the asphalt, it's the blinding layer that goes underneath!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

What is that?
    that's what's called CBM.
    It is 40mm stone mixed with cement to make a concrete base.
    The brown colour is the colour of the stone.
    It is mixed on site in BAMs own batching plant.
    The product is then moved with either a dump truck or a tipper truck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

bigroad wrote: »
    that's what's called CBM.
    It is 40mm stone mixed with cement to make a concrete base.
    The brown colour is the colour of the stone.
    It is mixed on site in BAMs own batching plant.
    The product is then moved with either a dump truck or a tipper truck.

Is that standard or just specific for this job? Never seen it being done before

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

December news later now out

https://www.m11gtoe.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/12-m11-Enniscorthy-newsletter-WEB.pdf

Great to see an end in sight in Q2 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

marno21 wrote: »
    From AA Roadwatch:

From midnight tonight (13th) the northbound carriageway of the M11 will be closed for works just north of the Clogh R/A, which is north of Camolin, for a stretch of approx. 1.4km, until 31st March 2019. Northbound traffic will travel in a contraflow system on the southbound carriageway for the duration of these works, with a single lane in operation on both carriageways throughout.

Looks like tie-in works are kicking off now.

Drove that way and the shape of the slip roads etc clearly visible with the earthworks done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The frankfort junction traffic management pics m11gtoe.ie website
    ZzhSPxs.jpg

TvmTfUr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Is that standard or just specific for this job? Never seen it being done before

I saw it on the Newry Bypass in person, and on here for a few jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

I would not be surprised to see the M11 open before May BH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

jd wrote: »
    I would not be surprised to see the M11 open before May BH.

Are there any services like Applegreen going in? Will that take additional time after all is complete or would that start that before the completion date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Speaking of which, anybody know what the craic is with the M11 Service Station at Ballyellen that never opened?

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Speaking of which, anybody know what the craic is with the M11 Service Station at Ballyellen that never opened?

Nate

The legal action was sorted about a year ago but no sign of it opening yet

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

vicwatson wrote: »

Nate

The legal action was sorted about a year ago but no sign of it opening yet

It opens on 14th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

As 2018 draws to a close wishing all you roadies a happy new year
    FEkT1Fh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Happy New Year!

A few shots from N30 end of N30/N80/M11 link road taken on run this morning. Plenty of drainage and pavement work to be completed here.

From the first bridge structure at Jamestown looking towards the N30 tie in. The drainage pipes in the distance are where the roundabout is going.

469256.gif

And from the other side of this structure looking north.

469259.gif

And these two from the next bridge opened in December loking south towards the previous photos. Earthworks only completed recently when bridge opened and old road removed.

469260.gif

And looking north towards the major structures and embankments built at Monart crossing the local road and river. A huge amount of stone was blasted from here and crushed over the last 18 months to provide the base for the pavement works.

469261.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is the link road being de-prioritised in favour of getting the M11 bit open early I wonder?

loyatemu wrote: »
    is the link road being de-prioritised in favour of getting the M11 bit open early I wonder?

No, work was going flat out on it.
    I was told that some scumbags relieved all the vehicles parked up there of their diesel over the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks to allthedoyles on the N25 thread

46670022151_5542c53bfd_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

Reply to email I sent to TII regarding Gorey Service Station
    Dear JD,

The position in relation to your enquiry is as follows.

Following the withdrawal of the legal challenge, discussions were resumed with the Preferred Bidder, Circle K (formerly, Topaz), and the contract was signed in July 2018.
    Works commenced on the fit-out of the Gorey Service Area in September 2018 following site mobilisation and it is anticipated that the facility will open in Q2, 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭secman

Scheduled to be to finished likely Early March now, but McDonald's won't be open, they do everything on their own timescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Twenty grand a month it's costing I read somewhere to presumably secure and maintain not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭secman

kneemos wrote: »
    Twenty grand a month it's costing I read somewhere to presumably secure and maintain not.

That's what it was costing TI before they handed site over to Main Contractor, their responsibility now.

Works going on at 1am on the Monart interchange the other night.
    There's a lot of digging out still to be done there as the new road is a long way under the existing road.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

BAM want to get everyone on to the Children's Hospital ASAP I suspect, that place is a gold mine for them and with an apparently limitless budget, I suspect they want off the Enniscorthy Bypass ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

They are a right pack of wasters B..
    They wasted some amount of money on the m11 job.
    People wonder about the children's hospital .
    They must be well connected.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

BAM want to get everyone on to the Children's Hospital ASAP I suspect, that place is a gold mine for them and with an apparently limitless budget, I suspect they want off the Enniscorthy Bypass ASAP.

Or any chance they will shift workers to the New Ross project given it seems to be behind schedule ?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

BAM's tactic is tender low, and then screwing the tax payer for every cent they are worth. Any extra is a huge extra, they know full well the public purse is just there to be opened at the drop of a hat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Road contracts are fixed priced aren't they? Any money wasted is their own loss.

Advertisement