Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'd be a bit wary of Rashford now after OGS hinted that Sanchez, Lukaku and Martial would be his front 3.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't think he actually said it in that context. He said the front 3 of Martial, Lukaku and Sanchez would be coming back or something - not necessary his front 3.

He also made a comment about loving the idea of wide players like Marital and Rashford, so I think Rashford will play but may not centrally.

I was also cautious and thinking of playing safe and transferring him out but Ace is right I think, people were twisting Ole's comments. His quotes below look quite positive, particularity the latter two. Also, Bournemouth game is part of back to back home games, and perhaps it'll be the away Newcastle game that he'll be rested for. At least what I'm hoping for! Think I'll stick with him and hope for the best.

"What we can do with him is use him more, because I don't think the team is used to his runs," Solskjaer told Norwegian TV2.

"If you just watch him, the amount of runs and the good runs he makes in second half when we're 2-0 up and 3-0 up and he makes runs in behind and he gets in behind the defence.

"...Marcus [Rashford] getting better and better each game.

“There’s a real positivity around the game and we need that to carry on to the Bournemouth game.”"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He also said

"next week we'll have Sanchez, Martial back, and you have Lukaku to put on and we could really have finished them off"....

This would imply that Lukaku will be on the bench.

He's then asked about Sanchez and goes further to say probably won't make Bournmouth game but would feature in the Newcastle game.

Solskjaer isn't going to go rocking the boat and throwing Lukaku and Sanchez into a team that is winning, they will be brought in from the bench until they show that they are back to their best. Whatever about Sanchez, I don't think Big Rom suits the team, he's more bulky that pace.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He also said

"next week we'll have Sanchez, Martial back, and you have Lukaku to put on and we could really have finished them off"....

This would imply that Lukaku will be on the bench.

He's then asked about Sanchez and goes further to say probably won't make Bournmouth game but would feature in the Newcastle game.

Solskjaer isn't going to go rocking the boat and throwing Lukaku and Sanchez into a team that is winning, they will be brought in from the bench until they show that they are back to their best. Whatever about Sanchez, I don't think Big Rom suits the team, he's more bulky that pace.

Exactly. Would be a bit crazy to just throw in an off form Sanchez fresh from a injury too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Sane and sterling to haz and kdb yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Sane and sterling to haz and kdb yay or nay?

Sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't help but feel that sellers of Sterling and Sané are being set up to be trolled.

I couldn't argue with getting Hazard in, but I'd still feel uneasy. The minute Fernandinho is back, and teams don't get such a foothold by easily getting at the defence, I reckon it'll be back to normal for the whole team.

Sure KDB and Silva will be back in the team full time soon too.

It's just a question of how patient people are willing to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    I can't help but feel that sellers of Sterling and Sané are being set up to be trolled.

I couldn't argue with getting Hazard in, but I'd still feel uneasy. The minute Fernandinho is back, and teams don't get such a foothold by easily getting at the defence, I reckon it'll be back to normal for the whole team.

I’d agree with you as a Sterling seller (Hazard buyer), but my patience ran out yesterday. All around me have Hazard and/or Aubameyang so I got rid.

I’ve already been trolled by him, and I’m ready for it to happen again now.

I can't help but feel that sellers of Sterling and Sanre being set up to be trolled.

The only thing I would say with that is that Sterling and Sane are dropping like flies, went down last night, and probably drop again before Saturday. Is it better to get off now and buy an in from player and then get back on them when Fernandinho is back in and they look like their old self again? Sane at 9.5m should be easy enough for most people to get back in, or even Aguero if he showed promise.

Sure Sterling will probably score another 10 goals before the season is out, but how city react to now chasing a lead - a large lead at that is going to be key - will they be beating teams 4/5 nil now or will they be nervous - 3 of their next 5 games are away. 3 of their next 4 home games are Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea - not exactly teams they will let them play the way they want to. Will be interesting but I think getting off the Sterling/Sane train is ok for the immediate future.

And even if they do score big this week - you have to look at any moves over a period of time and compare them against your replacements and where the additional money goes to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Did Sterling to Hazard last night. First time owning Hazard this season. Having Sterling and Sane instead of Hazard and/or Salah has given some sizable red arrows over the last few weeks.

Now looking to also do Alonso and Snodgrass to Zanka and Pogba. Pogba could do well again against a leaky Bournemouth team and Zanka has 3 nice fixtures against Fulham, Butnley and Cardiff. It gets tough for him after that though but happy to use the rest of my defense.

Like many on here, I left both Digne and WanB on the bench this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,939 ✭✭✭✭CSF

One of the big things for me with Sterling that drove me to get rid is I just can’t be dealing with wondering if it’s gonna be the week when Sane and Mahrez play instead. I can only deal with that when Sterling is firing on all cylinders when he is playing and right now he is a slight bit off that level at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

De Bruyne, Pogba, Inga for Sterling, Townsend, Jimenez seem worth it?

De Bruyne, Pogba, Inga for Sterling, Townsend, Jimenez seem worth it?

Like the Pogba/Ings TV in, but not sure about KdB - are you just getting him cause he's cheaper than sterling and you want city cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Yeah pretty much, could do Sane but KDB will be nailed on now that he's back

• Registered Users Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have you Spurs cover? I'd prefer Eriksen to KDB at the moment at that price point.

Begovic out FINALLY! Foster in. I know he's notorious for being a frustrating FPL keeper but short term fixtures are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Rondon has a few tough games on the way and Torreira seems like he will always be on my bench so looking at those two out for Pereyra and Kamara.
    Any opinions appreciated.

Also considering the same two out for Billing and Jimenez.
    Which would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

watching southampton tonight convinced me to keep sane. I think they can be seriously got at out wide. Just have to hope sane plays. Id prefer citys fixture over chelseas this gw. I plan to then do sane to hazard for GW 21 to put a stop to hazard scoring for another 6 weeks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gerard Deulofeu is piquing my interest

5.4m mid, 7/8 of his next fixtures are quite nice and he's in some form.

Plus, I remember him from his Everton days with fondness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I plan to then do sane to hazard for GW 21 to put a stop to hazard scoring for another 6 weeks.:D

Nooooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Salah to Hazard for 2 week punt..what say?
    Salah has Ars(H,) and City(A) as next 2 fixtures..
    Surely he'll score a goal...but wont go nuts.. Hazard could easily outscore him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

sanket wrote: »

I wouldn't fear arsenal anyway and a home London derby is usually the type of game palace do ok in madness to sell salah 47 points in his last 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Not doing to bad but for every good week follows a very average one....

Current team

Fabianski (Adrian)
    Robbo, Alonso, docherty (wan-bissaka, bednarek)
    Siggy, martial, Anderson, Ricky (Brooks)
    Kane, Auba, Rashford

Currently no transfers as just sold Wilson and Fraser to siggy and Rashford (had money itb).

Anyone you think I should move?

Was thinking longer term potentially downgrading Auba or Kane to ings / mitro and going for a big midfielder hazard / Sterling etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can do
    Sane - Pogba
    Or
    Ricky - Pogba
    Or
    Spacecraft and Jiminez - Pogba And DCL

I think I’m telling my self I’m getting Pogba back one way or another.

Most likely for Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sanket wrote: »

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Madness

Agree
    Also think people selling Ricky are crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Did what I thought I wouldn’t do 2 gameweeks ago when the idea came into my thinking, but form as usual has forced my hand. Sterling and Alonso to Salah and Digne.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any info on Rashford?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Can do
    Sane - Pogba
    Or
    Ricky - Pogba
    Or
    Spacecraft and Jiminez - Pogba And DCL

I think I’m telling my self I’m getting Pogba back one way or another.

Most likely for Ricky

I’d keep Sane and Richarlison. Richarlison has 9 goals this season, I can’t understand why people are selling him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Benimar wrote: »
    I’d keep Sane and Richarlison. Richarlison has 9 goals this season, I can’t understand why people are selling him.

I don’t really fancy an Everton double up either tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Mane/Diangana out for Pogba/Deulofeu Lost money big time on Mane :rolleyes:

Advertisement