Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

• 26-12-2018 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭

Sterling out
    Son in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sane out has to be. Pogba in mebbe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭nullObjects

City have Southampton next.
    Thinking the same though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Probably bank if martial is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking Mane out. Getting me Fcuk All. #Pogback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Any chance TAA will drop tonight or has that horse bolted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did a -8 because I hate my team.

Alonso, Rashford and Jimenez out; Digne, Kane and Calvert-Lewin in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't help feeling it is far, far too late and probably pointless at this stage with the Asian cup in 3 games but:

Sane out and Son in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Can't help feeling it is far, far too late and probably pointless at this stage with the Asian cup in 3 games but:

Sane out and Son in
    Too late to the party too but I’m doing the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ederson is a problem. Might get Lloris in to cover Spurs defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Did a -8 because I hate my team.

Alonso, Rashford and Jimenez out; Digne, Kane and Calvert-Lewin in.

Not sure if I love that transfer. Kane is meh, and Calvert Lewin isn't a guaranteed starter. Ings for instance would make more sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Don't get Calvert in. As an Everton fan. Hes great but not an FPL prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have Ings already. Needed someone 5.5m or lower and there's not many great options. Calvert-Lewin has 1 goal and 2 assists in his last 3 games, and considering City and Spurs were two of his opponents, plus Everton's kind fixture run, I felt he was the best candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fraser to Delafeou

Nice and simple, some good Watford games upcoming and he's good value for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ricky > Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2FT's for me to play with.

Pogba in tonight, looks like he's the only banker in the United XI and they look like they're going to score goals. Sane to go, have Sterling anyway and still keeping faith with Felipe Anderson.

Ederson also likely to be going (1 CS in 9). Not sure who to bring in for him though, everyone bar Allison is so similar in output so far it doesn't look like it matters.

Means Alonso gets a stay for now, and still no Salah, if things don't change would be an Alonso/Sterling to Kolasinac/Salah fairly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Banking this gameweek then getting Salah back in for Sterling. That Salah to Sterling move backfired massively for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sane out has to be. Pogba in mebbe

Stay strong Kev. Play your wildcard again.

Looking at Sane, Sterling, Mahrez and Schlinder out, Son, Salah, Pogba and Digne In.
    Not one for doing early transfers, but Sterling and Sane are dropping tonight, and Son, Pogba and Digne are going up. That's a 0.5 swing if I wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ryan to Foster.

I will however try to resist selling Sterling though I'd need a few quid to get Salah in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Possibly, finally, a goalkeeper with good short term fixtures (next 3-5gws) for 4.7m. Foster perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Delph has been a mini-disaster bar one assist cumulating in todays disaster.

Out for Pereira (few decent CS chances hopefully upcoming).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Need to get shot of Patricio.

Who??

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Possibly, finally, a goalkeeper with good short term fixtures (next 3-5gws) for 4.7m. Foster perhaps?

Fabianski
    Foster

and then after 3/5 GWs, the likes of Guaita be decent shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sterling to Hazard me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭COH

Luiz to Digne seems a no brainer right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Any chance TAA will drop tonight or has that horse bolted?
    If people would stop transferring him in then yes. There is nothing to be gained by bringing him in tonight, if everyone waited until after midnight, we would all get him for 0.1 cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Would like to get pogba in but who to sacrifice. Salah martial richarlison Anderson and schurrle is my midfield. Is martial guaranteed to start every week when fit with Lukaku and Sanchez due back. Could offload martial and jimenez and bring in pogba and ings but seems a sideways move to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Unless you’re super hot on Utd then Martial looks obvious.

Is there solid news as to what ailed him today? Tempted to make the same transfer before midnight. Imagine it’ll be an easy transfer for many but if I thought Martial was ok I’d roll with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Unless you’re super hot on Utd then Martial looks obvious.

Is there solid news as to what ailed him today? Tempted to make the same transfer before midnight. Imagine it’ll be an easy transfer for many but if I thought Martial was ok I’d roll with him.
    Illness/food poisoning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Alonso has no attacking returns in 9 gameweeks, sold....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

More than likely a boring bank.

Building steam towards a mini-wildcard to get Salah back.

Ederson, Alonso are in my thoughts to go for Cheapies, and then move Son out for Salah in January when Son is off on holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

dahat wrote: »
    Alonso has no attacking returns in 9 gameweeks, sold....

But one more week....

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Would like to get pogba in but who to sacrifice. Salah martial richarlison Anderson and schurrle is my midfield. Is martial guaranteed to start every week when fit with Lukaku and Sanchez due back. Could offload martial and jimenez and bring in pogba and ings but seems a sideways move to me

I wouldn't be selling Anderson, Rickey or Salah. Can you upgrade Schurrle at all by downgrading elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Alonso has to go, not sure who to get though

Getting Hazard means dumping Sane at a -4, think ill hold off on that one

Dempsey wrote: »
    Alonso has to go, not sure who to get though

Getting Hazard means dumping Sane at a -4, think ill hold off on that one

Just a heads up - looks like Sane dropping tonight if money is tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

alonso > digne and ricky > hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Taa or digne? Taa might be a rotation risk but should get more clean sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Rashford and Son the two culprits most likely to be dropped for me, more so Rashford. Could take a punt on Deeney. Safest option however is Begovic out for Foster. Will assess tomorrow, hopefully Bego doesn't drop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ugh, TAA ain't dropping now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Rashford and Son the two culprits most likely to be dropped for me, more so Rashford. Could take a punt on Deeney. Safest option however is Begovic out for Foster. Will assess tomorrow, hopefully Bego doesn't drop...

Son??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Think I'll cash in on Sane and get #Pogback

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Am I right in thinking Sane is more nailed than Sterling with Mendy out and Delph suspended?

I can do Sterling, Kolasinic to Hazard, Digne
    or
    Sane, Alsonso to Hazard, Digne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ugh, TAA ain't dropping now.

Is that based solely on transfers in? Just last week, late WC sellers got discarded and he held so this week who's getting him? The last of the WCers or the guys who are just sick of Liverpool CSs killing them?
    I'm not sure what the flag change to clear would have meant to the delta but 10k transfers seem reasonable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Johny Cage wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking Sane is more nailed than Sterling with Mendy out and Delph suspended?

I can do Sterling, Kolasinic to Hazard, Digne
    or
    Sane, Alsonso to Hazard, Digne

I wouldn’t see any obvious tie between Mendy and Delph. Mendy made Sane less necessary because he is occupying those areas. Delph at left back made Sane almost a necessity to provide that width on the left. Zinchenko would likely be more of a wingback than Delph was so I suppose that would lessen the need for Sane but probably not by enough to have any real significance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’ll be hanging onto Alonso for another 3 gameweeks. Not because I have any faith in him and his heatmap will unquestionably see him deeper. But they’re 3 decent enough fixtures and I’ll be lining up a Liverpool defender in his absence and their next 3 fixtures are less pleasant.

Hazard in for Sterling seems like the one this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

With Ryan going to the Asian games, is Button the likely replacement? He was the sub keeper today. I'll likely keep him if he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

SkySter wrote: »
    With Ryan going to the Asian games, is Button the likely replacement? He was the sub keeper today. I'll likely keep him if he is.

Yeah. Today was the first time after injury and a few games for the U23s that he made the bench ahead of Steele. He was the number 2 all last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Have been trying to get Lacazette out of my team now for awhile but can’t decide how best to use the funds. With Liverpool up next he definitely has to bite the bullet this week. Think Pogba might have to come in for a few weeks, looked great today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did a rage mini-wildcard last night for -4

Alonso/Sane/Felipe Anderson out
    Holebas/Hazard/Pogba in

Sane-Pogba was the planned bit. Alonso failed the eye test massively last night, he's playing a completly different position and not keeping cleansheets. I was keeping him for the favourable fixtures but the -4 allowed me to get Hazard insted for those favourable fixtures. Leaves me with a big rotation job at the back now.

Ederson
    Robertson Digne Doherty (Holebas AWB)
    Hazard Pogba Sterling Richarlison Son
    Aubaumayang Wilson (AK47)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A rare bank more than likely

Keeping Alonso and then maybe do Son - Hazard and Alonso to a 4.5

• Advertisement
Advertisement