Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Parmesan shortbread. Testing for Christmas snacks, worked out really well. Mozzarella, sundried tomato (not in oil) and drizzle of pesto. Very easy to make :)

467385.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Parmesan shortbread. Testing for Christmas snacks, worked out really well. Mozzarella, sundried tomato (not in oil) and drizzle of pesto. Very easy to make :)

467385.jpeg
    They look Devine!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Michellenman they look fabulously festive.

weetiepie wrote: »
    They look Devine!

They’re very tasty alright. Super cheesy which is right up my street! Got the recipe from a cooking demo last week, have attached it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Gingerbread :):)

kes0WSNl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I can nearly taste the gingerbread am drooling here. I must definitely make one over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

First time I've made one! Always thought it would be a more difficult process for some reason! But felt like making something & just pottering about on sites for ideas and thought why not as i had all the ingredients :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Mince pies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The mince pies look yummy!

Quick question: where did you get the tablecloth? Is it oil cloth? I like it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

First batch of Weihnachstplaetzchen done over the weekend.

It's raspberry and coconut bites at the top, pecan nut, marzipan and chocolate flowers on the left and vanilla crescents on the right.

MgfI2Mp.jpg

• Advertisement

Chocolate and caramel macarons. More practice for Christmas! I’ve had a lot of failures with these over the years but have finally cracked it with the Mary berry recipe I think. Haven’t made them in about two years because I made them as favours for a friends wedding in May 2016 and was traumatised about seeing and making at least 700 of them :D

467890.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oh so impressed by all this! I did manage tiffin last week! without the dried fruit!

You are wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

late late christmas cakes :o
    [IMG][/img]k30fhx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

spiced apple dessert cake, trying out for freezer, to have a stand by, will try reheat till warm, serve with cream or custard
    [IMG][/img]2a7a1ds.jpg
    2py4x3a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Chocolate and caramel macarons. More practice for Christmas! I’ve had a lot of failures with these over the years but have finally cracked it with the Mary berry recipe I think. Haven’t made them in about two years because I made them as favours for a friends wedding in May 2016 and was traumatised about seeing and making at least 700 of them :D

Wow, these look fab - can't take my eyes off them :)

Don't mind me asking to be more specific about a source for the Mary Berry recipe you used ... cause I've only had failures with my macarons before, planning to give a try this Xmas break again !

Thanks !

mvl wrote: »

Don't mind me asking to be more specific about a source for the Mary Berry recipe you used ... cause I've only had failures with my macarons before, planning to give a try this Xmas break again !

Thanks !

I’ll take a pic of the recipe later :)

Made a floury bannock! Sampling it with butter and home made blackberry jam.. rather good for a first for many years..

We promised my daughter yesterday if she was good we'd bake today, so at 7am she came in and reminded us.

So: Scones.

20181215-100821-800x450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Graces7 wrote: »
    Made a floury bannock! Sampling it with butter and home made blackberry jam.. rather good for a first for many years..
    I had to Google that I never heard of it before. It's something I must try.

I had to Google that I never heard of it before. It's something I must try.

It is the vernacular bread for folk who have only a fire or hearth. If you are ever near Killarney, the Traditional Farms at Muckross have their beannanti making bread on the hearth, in the traditional way.

I lived many years on a North Sea island and learned to make bannocks there. Easy and useful if, like me, you run out of bread and a tasty change. Each locality has their own version. I used rough ground wholewheat flour with some white.

• Advertisement

Thanks !

Here you go! If the pics aren’t good enough quality let me know and I’ll type out. For what it’s worth, I baked at 170’c for 13mins instead of what’s on the the recipe this time. Also, the one batch that didn’t work for me were when I put two shelves in close together, the bottom tray came out all cracked and bubbled.

Here you go! If the pics aren’t good enough quality let me know and I’ll type out. For what it’s worth, I baked at 170’c for 13mins instead of what’s on the the recipe this time. Also, the one batch that didn’t work for me were when I put two shelves in close together, the bottom tray came out all cracked and bubbled.

many thanks - would have to try this (have a different oven from last time I tried and failed - now I can control the temperature/time better).

many thanks - would have to try this (have a different oven from last time I tried and failed - now I can control the temperature/time better).

Good luck! Let me know how you get on or if you need any help with trouble shooting! The biggest thing I’ve found to getting successs is letting them dry before you bake them. At least 30 minutes or until they form a skin and you can gently touch them without them sticking to your finger.

Oh my! Made a simple steamed sponge pudding, with dates at the base. Not done this for many years .. it is delicious!

Some skills stay with the hands....

Life just got better... you inspire me! Thank you

Christmas baking, red velvet buns and bazmo’s fab sausage stuffing, ready to be balled and cooked tomorrow:)

Pics here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Lisha wrote: »
    Christmas baking, red velvet buns and bazmo’s fab sausage stuffing, ready to be balled and cooked tomorrow:)

Sausage stuffing in the buns ???

Happy4all wrote: »
    Sausage stuffing in the buns ???

Yup, as my Granny used to say, “sure it all gets mixed up inside anyway”.

Happy Christmas

so for today made this no bake chocolate avocado tart from https://www.whittakers.co.nz/en_NZ/recipes/chocolate-avocado-tart/

and this courgette, basil, lime and pistachio cake from "Clean Cakes"

Courgette-basil-lime-and-pistachio-cake-with-avocado-lime-cream-and-raspberry-jam-v800.jpg

recipe here https://theflexitarian.co.uk/recipe-items/courgette-basil-lime-pistachio-cake-avocado-lime-cream-raspberry-jam-clean-cakes-vegetarian/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Last month, I also baked a loaf of bread first time in life. It was fine but as I didn't have bread knife so slice was thick. Secondly, I notice these home-baked give little stomach pain may be due to yeast as compared to bakery ones. But, bakery ones also have too much amount of yeast. Unable to understand the difference.

Advertisement