Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf – A Werewolf Christmas Carol FEEDBACK THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I was the same the last 2 nights by head was ****ing buzzing, so much bits of information running around my head when trying to sleep.

Shout out to Santa for talking me onto the low posters, Katie and Henry for finally convincing me they were villagers on a read back last night and Wendy.

Again great game mods but my brain my poor brain

Also

I'm just so grateful you believed me enough to make it a draw in that last lynch and then you and QB/Henry bringing it home was a joy to watch. You were an awesome vig.

That sounded a bit gloaty, didn't mean to. Wolves played really well with the notes and SKs were really excellent. As painful as it is to be in, I like the close games the best.

Bit of feedback...if a speed day is anticipated, it would be great to have the timings known ahead of time. I was out and about this morning and although I knew speed day was coming I didn't expect it to be quite so speedy. It was a bit of luck that I was able to spend so much time on thread in the run up to the finale (and looked a total weirdo sitting in my car shouting at my phone but that's not on the Mods :D )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thank you LoughC
    Loughc picks Undertaker (SK priest) - BH

didn't even notice - This equals my 19,000 post! knew it would happen in WW though

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Kolido the headings the role list are taken from have columns for character, role and alignment.

We put in nrvs for character and as such no role, so NA in that column

Also I suggest renaming all the anon accounts 1,2,3 etc

And I reckon henry/nigel would agree with me

Also cheers for the pick Lough c and happy belated birthday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Also I suggest renaming all the anon accounts 1,2,3 etc

And I reckon henry/nigel would agree with me

Oh I think sully mentioned the Riona/Fiona account thing in the backroom. I'd agree they are a bit too similar. Best to rename or retire one imo.

Necro wrote: »
    Oh I think sully mentioned the Riona/Fiona account thing in the backroom. I'd agree they are a bit too similar. Best to rename or retire one imo.

OK I actually have no problem with them :) just the ones that look nothing like each other :confused: think my brain is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I reckon we should rename all of them after all of us, really mess with your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

OK I actually have no problem with them :) just the ones that look nothing like each other :confused: think my brain is broken

I wouldn't retire them, Im happy with Riona and Fiona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

In smaller games, don't use one or the other. Riona has been used for 13 games and Fiona for 11 games.

Make sure winifred 4 and oisin 5 gets more games, and vernon 8 and wendy 8 too.

You only need Fiona and riona both playing when you have a 32 player game.

For ref, the anons not used in yulewolf were:
    Orla WW Eva WW Frank WW Jake WW Abigail WW Doris WW Winifred WW Liam WW Tegan WW

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Well done Mick and Ecto. A fantastic finish. Hard luck BH. Why didn’t you say Henry was Scrooge as a matter of interest?

Hey Trit. Ho ho ho! You got anything to say to me?

Really can’t believe I survived until the end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    Really can’t believe I survived until the end.

The power of Brendan got you through :D

And thanks mods. Other than Thursday I really enjoyed it.

Necro wrote: »
    The power of Brendan got you through :D

I was too busy patting myself on the back for figuring that the ‘both die’ rule was bs that I missed the even more obvious bit.

I can’t believe you told Sully I was bad though.

Well done Mick and Ecto. A fantastic finish. Hard luck BH. Why didn’t you say Henry was Scrooge as a matter of interest?

Well done you! It was your vote that swung it in the end. I reckon if he'd said you were Scrooge you'd have known and we might all have copped on that he shouldn't have actually had a check. You did amazingly well under pressure.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Well done you! It was your vote that swung it in the end. I reckon if he'd said you were Scrooge you'd have known and we might all have copped on that he shouldn't have actually had a check. You did amazingly well under pressure.

Thanks. Having people sus of me is probably what actually saved me as it got me peeked to (almost) clear.

Ectoplasm wrote: »

You did defend yourself really well. And Nigel getting defensive when I brought up Mary’s FFA sort of swung it for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

You did defend yourself really well. And Nigel getting defensive when I brought up Mary’s FFA sort of swung it for me.

Yup, well played :)

damned if you do damned if you don't. At the same time I was being told I was too lax and not fighting enough compared to Wendy and you had mentioned this a few times in a row so I felt I had to fight it.
    Hard luck BH. Why didn’t you say Henry was Scrooge as a matter of interest?

Think it was a combo of lack of time (The last 10m was the only time I was at a computer since I voted around 7pm the night before and not teaching / dealing with the wife) and the fact that people like Wendy had been been quiet so getting Henry on my side seemed like more of a positive than creating an adversary who would probably have more time than me to argue.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this should go here (cos I had great fun in this game) or the general WW discussion thread but this game was another example for me of how day 0 (probably the day when I am the most free to post) is becoming less fun. Everyone seems too eager to catch baddies / look villagery too early imo and it all gets a bit serious.

I can understand in specific cases why people do / point out what they do but jumping on people for gifs, fluff and fun on day 0 just leaves the fun at the door somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Hey quick good game. Was surprised you took my digging into you the way you did. At first I thought it made you look even wolfier (runs) but by the end I’d come to the conclusion that the wolfiest player is rarely the wolf (hides)

Anyway... no hard feelings I hope, wasn’t implying you weren’t making an effort (to be fair I cant see your spreadsheets in real time), it was more that your defense of Des was a bit baffling (wasn’t helped by RLHell this week tbf)

Something else, Mick bagged (I think) 4 baddies. I I think thats the record for a vig

tritium wrote: »
    Something else, Mick bagged (I think) 4 baddies. I I think thats the record for a vig

On that, Fiona, Oisin, Isla all recorded in stats as good, as they were good at time of death and before.

Check out post #1 of this thread to confirm this.

sKeith wrote: »
    On that, Fiona, Oisin, Isla all recorded in stats as good, as they were good at time of death and before.

That just means he got them before they could do any harm! :D

Can you tell us more about 'Scrooge Convertable Alpha Wolf'
    Could Belle have ripped him out of den and made him good so he is able to rat out the whole den?
    What is the convertable bit about?

Can you tell us more about 'Scrooge Convertable Alpha Wolf'
    Could Belle have ripped him out of den and made him good so he is able to rat out the whole den?
    What is the convertable bit about?

Ooh I'd be interested in the original Scrooge mechanics too!

So they were villagers and didn't know they were wolfs when I shot them HA brilliant :D, although I don't think I shot Fiona

I just might be the luckiest vig ever or the best worst vig ever :cool:

So they were villagers and didn't know they were wolfs when I shot them HA brilliant :D, although I don't think I shot Fiona

Fiona NRV was lynched. But if left alive would have later be converted into a SK.

• Advertisement

Tonight's lotto numbers, while your luck is in, chuck them out here :pac:

Advertisement