Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Billcarson wrote: »
    An ulster protestant by the name of jim dowson's take on it out of interest.

Oh no, them evil Ulster Protestants, the worst kind!
    STAND AGAINST EVICTIONS AND SO SHOULD EVERY DECENT PROTESTANT!

Obvious plot to stir up hatred

Isn't that what you and your pals on here have been crowing about for days now. Standing against evictions. Auld Jim is saying the same thing as you are. I think you're getting confused!
    but just imagine a load of Dublin heavies dragging 3 old protestand folk out a house in Ards, Portadown od Ballymena?? Bet we would be calling them some names too. Why are Ulstermen in a different country throwing old folk onto the street for the Irish state?? BEING USED FOR AN AGENDA...WAKE UP!

You should've said WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
    Yet again the elite and rotten bankers use working class people against each other and then stir up the old sectarian divisions to hide thier crimes against the common people. The Bank employed Ulster Protestants to evict Irish elderly Catholics in Connaught!!! WHY? This is the REAL question and whoever gave the order MUST have known the bitter sectarian ghosts this would stir up BUT would deflect the blame from thenselves?? Just a thought.

I wonder did the evil bank make them sign a form to see their religion. Or maybe they made them take the bread-in-the-cupboard test to see were they Protestants. Also, Ulster has 3 counties in our wonderful Republic. FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

gandalf wrote: »
    Yep the guy on the ground who then threw himself on the ground outside the gate is the Ex-Garda.

Anyone know why he is an Ex-Garda?

and the guy who was occasionally being pushed around he wasn't a mcgann either?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,106 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mynamejeff wrote: »
    a simple bit of interning seems to reveal that he group supporting the morgage defaulter are from he west of Ireland but not local

there re multiple videos from ACT the anti corruption taskforce biased in the mayo area . thier usual MO is to harass and and intimidate the familys of judges and other civil servants who draw their ire and are no stranger to video editing to suit thier narrative

The like of stephen manning(integerty ireland ) joe doocey (who is still in jail afaik) and the ex gardai who it seems is a ex garda rather than a retired garda having been dismissed.

have a google of these nutters and see if you like .

That might work....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

JCJCJC wrote: »
    the irony of it - if they're convicted, the truck and teleporter will be sold, just like Mccann's house will be...

I am thinking the McCann's house will not sell too easily. Would you like to buy it?

They assaulted people. Plain and simple.

Two questions. Try to be honest.

1. Regardless of if you think there were assaults or not, people from the UK have a right to work in this country as EU Members. Do you accept that?

2. If the farmers co-operated with a lawful court order, there'd have been no need for physicality at all. Do you accept that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I am thinking the McCann's house will not sell too easily. Would you like to buy it?

At this stage I think they should just bulldoze it and sell the land in divided lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Omackeral wrote: »
    An ulster protestant by the name of jim dowson's take on it out of interest.

Oh no, them evil Ulster Protestants, the worst kind!
    STAND AGAINST EVICTIONS AND SO SHOULD EVERY DECENT PROTESTANT!

Obvious plot to stir up hatred

Isn't that what you and your pals on here have been crowing about for days now. Standing against evictions. Auld Jim is saying the same thing as you are. I think you're getting confused!
    but just imagine a load of Dublin heavies dragging 3 old protestand folk out a house in Ards, Portadown od Ballymena?? Bet we would be calling them some names too. Why are Ulstermen in a different country throwing old folk onto the street for the Irish state?? BEING USED FOR AN AGENDA...WAKE UP!

You should've said WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
    Yet again the elite and rotten bankers use working class people against each other and then stir up the old sectarian divisions to hide thier crimes against the common people. The Bank employed Ulster Protestants to evict Irish elderly Catholics in Connaught!!! WHY? This is the REAL question and whoever gave the order MUST have known the bitter sectarian ghosts this would stir up BUT would deflect the blame from thenselves?? Just a thought.

I wonder did the evil bank make them sign a form to see their religion. Or maybe they made them take the bread-in-the-cupboard test to see were they Protestants. Also, Ulster has 3 counties in our wonderful Republic. FYI.

Firstly I know ulster has 3 counties in this " wonderful " republic. So don't get smart with me mate.
    Secondly you seem to know it all and no matter what will back the bankers to the last.
    Thirdly I thought he made interesting points. But you seem intent on rubbishing anyone who does not agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Why are people still calling them elderly?? Surely the news has gotten around about all debts they have and the middle fingers they have given the banks + revenue for years. Now the mob are blaming the immigrants and calling for a coup on the government! Wtf

Yep the guy on the ground who then threw himself on the ground outside the gate is the Ex-Garda.

Anyone know why he is an Ex-Garda?

I see from online videos he is linked with that ACT crowd. I suspect the whole eviction farce was planned by them along with faux outrage afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Hahaha it's going to be made practically impossible to do evictions. IV no doubt that security men wearing ID badges would be plastered all over social media and maybe even have their family paid a visit at home.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall the next time any farmer from Roscommon goes to the bank to look for a loan! :-)
    Perhaps they could take a Loan ‘ Without filling out all the Forms "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Firstly I know ulster has 3 counties in this " wonderful " republic. So don't get smart with me mate.
    Secondly you seem to know it all and no matter what will back the bankers to the last.
    Thirdly I thought he made interesting points. But you seem intent on rubbishing anyone who does not agree with you.

Or maybe people are backing them in this particular case because they are in the right?

hynesie08 wrote: »

Or maybe people are backing them in this particular case because they are in the right?

There are plenty who aren't though. In fact I would say most aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Journalist emmett Corcoran after been arrested, the Garda after seizing he's phone and laptop, looks like it's because he was "telling the other side of the story", the guards really playing a blinder it all this fiasco.

I'm not your buddy, guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, OK. If true, fine. One guy was ex Britsh Army...
    Still not a loyalist as some people claim.

You haven't a clue.

The UDR was notoriously infiltrated by loyalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

If Manning, Integrity Ireland and the Anti Corruption Taskforce as well as Ben Gilroy are involved in this no wonder there's such a chaotic confused mess going on. Check out the Freeman thread for insight into their particular brand of madness. If the people at the center of this became involved with their insanity then no wonder things ended up where they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Journalist emmett Corcoran after been arrested, the Garda after seizing he's phone and laptop, looks like it's because he was "telling the other side of the story", the guards really playing a blinder it all this fiasco.
    he calls himself a PR man http://www.emmettcorcoran.ie/ a vocal political and community activist, not a journalist.

Who does he write for?

Absolutely incorrect on both counts. What I do hate is arseholes using ''but de bankers, de bankers'' to absolve themselves and others of personal responsibility. From this case, to social welfare fraud to a litany of other offenses. Just because some elite scumbags did wrong, doesn't give every Tom, Dick and Harry a license to do what they want. That includes you. That includes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He writes for himself.

• Advertisement

Why are people still calling them elderly??

Because when combined with the loyalist and/or paramilitary angle, it has great optics for an agenda. Bonus points for ''...and just before Christmas too.''

Addle wrote: »
    He writes for himself.

Ah ok not a real journalist so. A real journalist would do jail time before they handed over their laptop and phone.

hynesie08 wrote: »

Nope, in for a penny in for a pound. No middle ground. No grey areas. You're an apologist for Big Corporate if you dissent one iota.... or ya know... point out an actual uncomfortable truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Would he be "a former parliamentary assistant of Michael Fitzmaurice, the Roscommon-Galway Independent TD."

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/roscommon/strokestown-man-declares-interest-running-2019-local-elections/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 4theVoiceless

Effects wrote: »
    Don't pay your mortgage, you lose your house. Is that too simplistic?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Ah ok not a real journalist so. A real journalist would do jail time before they handed over their laptop and phone.

Local journo for the Democrat regional newspaper. The Stasi would be proud of that arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Who does he write for?

Emmett Corcoran
    @EmmettCorcoran
    Classical Liberal. Cause no hurt. Philosophy may not extend to feelings.

Owner and editor of The Democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    No, there are plenty of Irish people in the British Army, they would not describe themselves as 'Loyalists' either.
    What is this nonsense?

If they're actively serving in the British army, they're loyal to the crown, whether they describe themselves as such is neither here nor there, nor is it derogatory in describing them as such either.

It is however fact.

Perhaps your confusing unionist and loyalist?
    Its just a cheap anti-British sectarian pejorative for the keyboard warrior Neanderthals to get high on. Seems to be working too.

I'm neither anti British, nor sectarian, and describing someone as a loyalist, or a member of s British army regiment doesn't make me so either.

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Oh that you are not. I can tell you that much MATE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Two questions. Try to be honest.

1. Regardless of if you think there were assaults or not, people from the UK have a right to work in this country as EU Members. Do you accept that?

100%

2. If the farmers co-operated with a lawful court order, there'd have been no need for physicality at all. Do you accept that?

Depends. The farmers have a concern over the eviction notice and believe it not to be legal. From what I read they have engaged their solicitors in that regard.
    Always two sides to everything and so far mainstream media has only presented one.

Advertisement