Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Parked up there in Lucan at the park car park of the slip at the spa hotel down at mc donalds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

What in the holy hell...... Hot takes from the car park beside the maxol in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The evictions which took place in the 1800s when landlords' demands got too high for people to afford were also "legal and legitimate" at the time, which is what spurred widespread, eventually successful campaigns to change the law - and ultimately led to the Irish independence movement.

Oh ffs, would you actually learn your history. There are NO parallels between this and the past. In the past the peasantry were cleared off the land they were renting because it was more profitable to farm animals. With these evictions the peasantry were struggling to feed themselves and were trying their best in horrifying conditions.

In this case the owner mortgaged his property to invest in something else and had been living there at least 9 years in major arrears. Not only that but he has a history of burning his creditors (ACC, BoI car finance, local quarry) and underpaying taxes. Nothing at all similar. At all.

Trying to claim parallels shows you up for what you always have been on this forum, a far left agitator with an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Naos wrote: »
    No joke - klaaaz stated this was just one of a number of horrific injuries sustained by the man.

Brave little solider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I liked when she said "em" x 100,000,000,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

There are also photos circulating of his face. As I said carry out a heavy handed eviction in a rural environment alot of local people are going to get p*ssed off and sympathy is going to be afforded towards those being evicted even if it's not warranted. Own goal comes to mind.

Again it wasn't heavy handed. The guy obstructed a lawful eviction what did he expect? Surely a retired Guard should have known better.

And that she’s got the phone turned wrong way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gandalf wrote: »
    Again it wasn't heavy handed. The guy obstructed a lawful eviction what did he expect? Surely a retired Guard should have known better.

I'd say he knew exactly what he was doing, trying to drum up support on the back of 'abuse'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

And that she’s got the phone turned wrong way around!

While I do not condone violence normally anyone recording video in portrait mode should be shot in the face with big balls of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

And your point is? The guy at the centre of this took a loan out as an adult and then behaved like a immature kid and didn't pay it off. He brought this on his own head. Both situations are NOTHING alike.

Wouldn't bother, patricks MO in this thread is to jump in, make a post that's utterly irrelevant, and maybe, maybe come back in 3 days and do it all again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

While I do not condone violence normally anyone recording video in portrait mode should be shot in the face with big balls of sh1te.

Lol oh my oh my...

That's the spirit, or yellow snowball's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I think that all farm repossessions should be halted and instead there should be a new Land Act with indebted Farms instead transferred to a new state owned land commission, farmers would keep their homes and farms allowing them to repay whatever money was owed over a longer period of time if necessary. Delinquent debtors would lose their farms and the land commission appoint new young farmers (under 35) to have a chance to work the land and buy it out also in multi-generation loans if necessary. This was how the vast majority of family farms today came into existence as these deals were done to get farms off British Landlords in the times of British rule.

theguzman wrote: »
    I think that all farm repossessions should be halted and instead there should be a new Land Act with indebted Farms instead transferred to a new state owned land commission, farmers would keep their homes and farms allowing them to repay whatever money was owed over a longer period of time if necessary. Delinquent debtors would lose their farms and the land commission appoint new young farmers (under 35) to have a chance to work the land and buy it out also in multi-generation loans if necessary. This was how the vast majority of family farms today came into existence as these deals were done to get farms off British Landlords in the times of British rule.

So the taxpayer pays the banks then. Great idea except where does the cash come from given that some of the debtors have been skipping out paying their tax as well?

If people aren't paying there is a mechanism already there and the farms can be redistributed by selling them.

The one change I'd propose is that residential and farming (business) loans be separated and don't allow business loans be taken out against residences. That way if the farmer is a bad businessman and racks up debts or "forgets" to pay taxes the farm can be repossessed and sold expunging the debts without turfing the family out on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

So the taxpayer pays the banks then. Great idea except where does the cash come from given that some of the debtors have been skipping out paying their tax as well?

If people aren't paying there is a mechanism already there and the farms can be redistributed by selling them.

The one change I'd propose is that residential and farming (business) loans be separated and don't allow business loans be taken out against residences. That way if the farmer is a bad businessman and racks up debts or "forgets" to pay taxes the farm can be repossessed and sold expunging the debts without turfing the family out on the street.
    I'd agree with this. No farm loan should be offered to a farmer where the collateral offered includes the farmhouse or family home. If a new subdivision and folio is required, so be it.

I don't think even this would fully stop this kind of BS however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

theguzman wrote: »

Why should farms be put up on a pedestal?

If Im living in the city and don't pay the mortgage on a fairly ordinary semi-d then I will be getting the boot sooner or later. (Particularly if I do not engage with the bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭emo72

Just for balance, count "em" when Leo is talking next time. You will be surprised.

I'd agree with this. No farm loan should be offered to a farmer where the collateral offered includes the farmhouse or family home. If a new subdivision and folio is required, so be it.

I don't think even this would fully stop this kind of BS however.

No but it would remove the whole emotive side of the family are being turfed out of their home argument. This should be the case for all business loans, the primary family resident should not be allowed as collateral against the loan including buying rental properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

3 or 4 lads pinning one guy to the ground. A security firm from outside the state. Are you mad? The gaurds should have arrested the heavies.

3 or 4 lads pinning one guy to the ground. A security firm from outside the state. Are you mad? The gaurds should have arrested the heavies.

Security firm from outside the state.....
    People are really showing their racist tendencies on this thread!!

bubblypop wrote: »

nothing racist at all. Point is they have no right to engage in these activities in Ireland.

• Advertisement

If someone is resisting and trying not to move it's amazing how many people you need to shift them. The guards did arrest some of the heavies, the thugs from Sunday morning that is.

Again it was a lawful eviction and from the video the contractors were actually quite restrained with the trespassers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭emo72

I'd say that's because it's nigh on impossible to get people from inside the state to do it.

nothing racist at all. Point is they have no right to engage in these activities in Ireland.

Yes they did, it's already been pointed out you do not need a PSA license to carry out evictions based on a High Court order. Stop making stuff up.

Don’t farmers get grants! Add this to a business that underpaid VAT to the tune of €177,000 and you’ve got one wealthy farmer. Now, why should the taxpayers be expected to bail him out?
    I do agree that family homes associated with farms should be exempt from repossession as long as efforts are made to keep up repayments on any loan/mortgage on it.

They do. Freedom of work & travel for all EU members..... They are still in the EU.
    & has been pointed out many many times.... They don't need to be security.

If someone is resisting and trying not to move it's amazing how many people you need to shift them. The guards did arrest some of the heavies, the thugs from Sunday morning that is.

Again it was a lawful eviction and from the video the contractors were actually quite restrained with the trespassers.

nonsense.

They do. Freedom of work & travel for all EU members..... They are still in the EU.
    & has been pointed out many many times.... They don't need to be security.

they're not working, they're assaulting people

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Get up the yard with your racist bolloxology.

If you say someone is from outside the jurisdiction, it's hardly racism. Ffs.

Did you miss the bit where, once he was outside the gate and had spoken to the Garda (obviously not liking what was said) he threw himself onto the ground again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭hynesie08

you ever see someone being arrested/removed from a nightclub? usually there is 2 or more people involved. And if they're pinning him to the ground because they believe he will cause them or the building damage, that's not heavy handed. I've seen nothing in the videos that crosses the reasonable force line.

Advertisement