Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

bubblypop wrote: »
    They do. Freedom of work & travel for all EU members..... They are still in the EU.
    & has been pointed out many many times.... They don't need to be security.

Let me preempt his response "but but they were Loyalists" ROFLOL

There is never going to be a united Ireland with the sectarian attitudes exhibited by some in this thread and on social media because of this whole saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Did you miss the bit where, once he was outside the gate and had spoken to the Garda (obviously not liking what was said) he threw himself onto the ground again!

So if someone assaults me, but then i flop to the ground after, it eradicates the previous assault?

gandalf wrote: »
    Let me preempt his response "but but they were Loyalists" ROFLOL

There is never going to be a united Ireland with the sectarian attitudes exhibited by some in this thread and on social media because of this whole saga.

they could be from the vatican and it still wouldnt excuse their actions

hynesie08 wrote: »
    you ever see someone being arrested/removed from a nightclub? usually there is 2 or more people involved. And if they're pinning him to the ground because they believe he will cause them or the building damage, that's not heavy handed. I've seen nothing in the videos that crosses the reasonable force line.

well, other opinions clearly differ..including some folks that gave them the response they deserved.

So if someone assaults me, but then i flop to the ground after, it eradicates the previous assault?

What assault? Silly old men (ageism and sexism, I know) trying to prevent workers carrying out their legal duties isn’t assault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

well, other opinions clearly differ..including some folks that gave them the response they deserved.

you mean the lads who broke all the laws you're accusing these lads of? but that's ok isn't it? cause they're Irish?

nonsense.

Yes you do utter a lot of that.

Really everyone espousing the whole assault fallacious story should really be embarrassed for themselves. There was not an assault, the people were evicted. Even the sound of the word isn't pleasant, it's not supposed to be a pleasant experience. They had a choice to avoid it, they were given plenty of notice but they decided to hang around. Maybe they like men handling them roughly I don't know.

A bloody grazed knee and it's William of Orange and the Battle of the Boyne all over again. Pathetic and ridiculous.

What assault? Silly old men (ageism and sexism, I know) trying to prevent workers carrying out their legal duties isn’t assault.

I thought they weren't old?

Yes you do utter a lot of that.

Really everyone espousing the whole assault fallacious story should really be embarrassed for themselves. There was not an assault, the people were evicted. Even the sound of the word isn't pleasant, it's not supposed to be a pleasant experience. They had a choice to avoid it, they were given plenty of notice but they decided to hang around. Maybe they like men handling them roughly I don't know.

A bloody grazed knee and it's William of Orange and the Battle of the Boyne all over again. Pathetic and ridiculous.

Old wounds run deep. Whoever planned this either didn't consider those implications or more likely didn't give a ****e. But where are they now? Residents back in the house, still no money paid back and a PR nightmare for KBC. Clowns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

a simple bit of interning seems to reveal that he group supporting the morgage defaulter are from he west of Ireland but not local

there re multiple videos from ACT the anti corruption taskforce biased in the mayo area . thier usual MO is to harass and and intimidate the familys of judges and other civil servants who draw their ire and are no stranger to video editing to suit thier narrative

The like of stephen manning(integerty ireland ) joe doocey (who is still in jail afaik) and the ex gardai who it seems is a ex garda rather than a retired garda having been dismissed.

have a google of these nutters and see if you like .

• Advertisement

you mean the lads who broke all the laws you're accusing these lads of? but that's ok isn't it? cause they're Irish?

It's fine by me because it was a response to intimidation. About time people stood up for themselves.

Old wounds run deep. Whoever planned this either didn't consider those implications or more likely didn't give a ****e. But where are they now? Residents back in the house, still no money paid back and a PR nightmare for KBC. Clowns.

So a communities sectarian bigotry needs to be considered then for future court decisions in your opinion. Laughable.

Anyone residing in that home without the permission of the bank are in breach of a High Court order. If KBC seek a decision from the court next time it will be the Gardai coming to drag them to prison, legally.

The bank have actually shown extreme leniency in dealing with this gouger. They should have gone in hard and heavy years ago and turfed him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

mynamejeff wrote: »
    a simple bit of interning seems to reveal that he group supporting the morgage defaulter are from he west of Ireland but not local

there re multiple videos from ACT the anti corruption taskforce biased in the mayo area . thier usual MO is to harass and and intimidate the familys of judges and other civil servants who draw their ire and are no stranger to video editing to suit thier narrative

The like of stephen manning(integerty ireland ) joe doocey (who is still in jail afaik) and the ex gardai who it seems is a ex garda rather than a retired garda having been dismissed.

have a google of these nutters and see if you like .
    They seem to be spouting Freeman nonsense about the high court order been invalid as its missing a stamp....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

nothing racist at all. Point is they have no right to engage in these activities in Ireland.

Says who? According to which laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Big news on RTE1 today - the guards have arrested two dudes, and confiscated a truck, gun and teleporter - bye-bye-truck, bye-bye-teleporter, not so clever now, eh? the irony of it - if they're convicted, the truck and teleporter will be sold, just like Mccann's house will be...

emo72 wrote: »
    I'd say that's because it's nigh on impossible to get people from inside the state to do it.

Wouldn't blame them. A literal mob formed in Roscommon. They burned out vehicles and killed their dogs. Now imagine the security were local and nice and accessible to this mob...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Billcarson

An ulster protestant by the name of jim dowson's take on it out of interest.

STAND AGAINST EVICTIONS AND SO SHOULD EVERY DECENT PROTESTANT!

Obvious plot to stir up hatred , but just imagine a load of Dublin heavies dragging 3 old protestand folk out a house in Ards, Portadown od Ballymena?? Bet we would be calling them some names too. Why are Ulstermen in a different country throwing old folk onto the street for the Irish state?? BEING USED FOR AN AGENDA...WAKE UP!

Yet again the elite and rotten bankers use working class people against each other and then stir up the old sectarian divisions to hide thier crimes against the common people. The Bank employed Ulster Protestants to evict Irish elderly Catholics in Connaught!!! WHY? This is the REAL question and whoever gave the order MUST have known the bitter sectarian ghosts this would stir up BUT would deflect the blame from thenselves?? Just a thought.

It's fine by me because it was a response to intimidation. About time people stood up for themselves.

You mean like taking personal responsibility for their actions? Like repaying loans? And handing money collected on behalf of Revenue over to them?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Says who? According to which laws?

They assaulted people. Plain and simple.

nonsense.

But then you post this.
    they're not working, they're assaulting people

If the corrupt selfish morons had have done what they were supposed to, there'd have been no need for any physicality whatsoever. Are you honest or bright enough to accept that or not? I'm guessing not...

• Advertisement

Proof? Video and legislative please?

Billcarson wrote: »

Translated as "I am an economic illiterate who doesn't believe in personal or social responsibility and believes people can gouge their way through life".

LOL he's a scottish far right nut
    James "Jim" Dowson (born September 1964)[1] is a far-right political activist from Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, Scotland.[2] Dowson has been active across the United Kingdom, Europe and the United States. He has been described by The Times as "the invisible man of Britain's far right".[3]

After joining and falling out with the Orange Order, Dowson was active as an anti-abortion militant. He joined the far-right British National Party and was in charge of the party's financial affairs. He later helped found and worked as the main source of funding for Britain First from which he resigned in 2014. He was arrested for his participation in the Belfast City Hall flag protests in late-2012 and was also involved in the Protestant Coalition, a party formed by some involved in the protests. Subsequently, he has also been active in the anti-immigrant Knights Templar International and supporting US president Donald Trump in his 2016 election campaign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Dowson

I suppose it's not surprising that a fascist is aligning himself with Sinn Fein.

Proof? Video and legislative please?

There is video it clearly shows the contractors were restrained against eejits who were hell bent on defying a High Court order.

Interesting that its an Ex-Garda and not a retired one. I wonder what caused him to become an Ex-Garda. The plot thickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Billcarson wrote: »

STAND AGAINST EVICTIONS AND SO SHOULD EVERY DECENT PROTESTANT!

Obvious plot to stir up hatred , but just imagine a load of Dublin heavies dragging 3 old protestand folk out a house in Ards, Portadown od Ballymena?? Bet we would be calling them some names too. Why are Ulstermen in a different country throwing old folk onto the street for the Irish state?? BEING USED FOR AN AGENDA...WAKE UP!

Yet again the elite and rotten bankers use working class people against each other and then stir up the old sectarian divisions to hide thier crimes against the common people. The Bank employed Ulster Protestants to evict Irish elderly Catholics in Connaught!!! WHY? This is the REAL question and whoever gave the order MUST have known the bitter sectarian ghosts this would stir up BUT would deflect the blame from thenselves?? Just a thought.

Maybe. Or maybe it really is a case of the free market in action. Those lads were the only once who'd take the job, and the sh1t show that followed was not caused by them, but used by others to throw a wobbler in an area where they could stir up as much trouble as possible.

What's the Guard strength in this area does any one know? Big local station?

That's just as empty-headed and as vacuous as it gets. Stood up for themselves? What are they standing up for? They're p*ssing on you, if you're a tax payer. Then again, you could be an absolute crusty layabout, I don't know.

There is video it clearly shows the contractors were restrained against eejits who were hell bent on defying a High Court order.

Interesting that its an Ex-Garda and not a retired one. I wonder what caused him to become an Ex-Garda. The plot thickens!

I know, I have not seen one video that shows assault, or elderly people being thrown into a ditch or anything else that has been alleged here

I have seen reasonable force being used to restrain a tresspasser from entering a property he doesn't own that he's been ordered to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

If it was that plain and simple, why don't you spell it out then?

Where was the assault?

Regardless of where they are from - the way they handled the situation; was it any different to how bouncers would remove a troublemaker from a nightclub?

I know, I have not seen one video that shows assault, or elderly people being thrown into a ditch or anything else that has been alleged here

I have seen reasonable force being used to restrain a tresspasser from entering a property he doesn't own that he's been ordered to leave.

I dunno maybe you need to consume a few sixpacks of Dutch Gold to see the assault ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

were one or the two mcgann brothers actually in that eviction video ? was the man on the ground not the former cop?

• Advertisement

were one or the two mcgann brothers actually in that eviction video ? was the man on the ground not the former cop?

Yep the guy on the ground who then threw himself on the ground outside the gate is the Ex-Garda.

Anyone know why he is an Ex-Garda?

Advertisement