Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

That settles that folks. Thanking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,353 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Got two free transfers and no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions:

Patricio
    Hamer

Robertson
    Alonso
    Digne
    Doherty
    AWB

Sterling
    Hazard
    Richarlison
    Camarassa
    Gibbs White

Kane
    Aubameyang
    Ings

Bench isn't great and medium/long term I plan on going back to 1 premium forward but given I only brought Kane and PEA in I don't want to do that until after Xmas.

Only option I can see is downgrade a premium defender and upgrade Camarassa to someone like Anderson. I don't think that'll get me more points though.

Alonso + Camarass -> Bednarek + Anderson? Doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

S.M.B. wrote: »

Patricio
    Hamer

Robertson
    Alonso
    Digne
    Doherty
    AWB

Sterling
    Hazard
    Richarlison
    Camarassa
    Gibbs White

Kane
    Aubameyang
    Ings

Bench isn't great and medium/long term I plan on going back to 1 premium forward but given I only brought Kane and PEA in I don't want to do that until after Xmas.

Only option I can see is downgrade a premium defender and upgrade Camarassa to someone like Anderson. I don't think that'll get me more points though.

Alonso + Camarass -> Bednarek + Anderson? Doesn't look great.

Can you drop Alonso for somebody very cheap and afford to upgrade to Sane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Kane to Auba (BUR) or Kun (CRY), with doubts over Kun starting probably will go with Auba and hope he’s not rested too.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can you drop Alonso for somebody very cheap and afford to upgrade to Sane?
    Would have to be Alonso + Richarlison for Bednarek and Sane.

Not sure if that's a big improvement either. As much as downgrading Alonso is tempting I'm not sure if I'll make up the points elsewhere should Chelsea go on a run of clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Would have to be Alonso + Richarlison for Bednarek and Sane.

Not sure if that's a big improvement either. As much as downgrading Alonso is tempting I'm not sure if I'll make up the points elsewhere should Chelsea go on a run of clean sheets.

Don’t think I’d get rid of Ricky either. He had good chances at the weekend and they’ve a good run of fixtures coming.

If Fab hadn't risen I'd switch him in for Patricio do avoid double Wolves defence for a few weeks but he someone went from being about 2% away from a drop to £4.4 to £4.6 in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Need some advise here folks.

Mahrez - Sterling Richarlison - Hudson Odoi (-8)

I wouldn’t -8 this week.

ElTel wrote:
    Hate it.

km79 wrote:
    your bench is PISH and you also have Torreira and Camarasa playing??? No way Never mind for -8

That settles that folks. Thanking you.

S.M.B. wrote:

Give them two Free Transfers to Shanotheslayer, his credibility has been crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Give them two Free Transfers to Shanotheslayer, his credibility has been crushed.

If Sterling bangs in a hat trick at the weekend lads I'll be furious! But I could always do Salah to Sterling and captain Sterling instead of Aubameyang.

But Salah record is very good against non big teams

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Basically if I don’t upgrade saneto sterling I can’t really do anything as to upgrade Murphy to anyone decent requires me to sell auba or Kane with my other FT . I would rather wait another week
    So what I could do to avoid wasting transfer is bring in a mid for 7.1 or under (annoying that marital is 7.3) for one week only and then sell them again ! I would then bench Ricky .........
    I can’t stop looking at gundogan for some reason .......
    Or plan C
    Mitro to Chicharito
    Murphy to martial
    Have exact money and Chicharito is near a rise
    I’m not convinced on that one tbh

My team is vey decnet for this weekend but it seems to be case of making 2 transfers (both free ) or none and lose one !
    Could always do Murphy to camarasa I suppose ......or Paterson

Now I’m really confused LOL
    Another week would allow me to see if Rashford for example starts up top for united ahead of Huss Bournemouth double Home games too..........

I know too the league leader is gonna captain sterling which scares me .
    The easiest move might be just to do sane to sterling

• Advertisement

And now I see this .......
    http://twitter.com/WHUFCFZ/status/1075116448756977664

Will keep mitro and move back to arnie then
    That narrows things down a bit
    All signs point to sane - sterling

Sterling is still in an inexplicably small amount of teams in my league

If Sterling bangs in a hat trick at the weekend lads I'll be furious! But I could always do Salah to Sterling and captain Sterling instead of Aubameyang.

But Salah record is very good against non big teams
    If he bangs in a hat trick you'd still only gain 10 points which isn't that big a haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just done Alonso and Son to Luiz and Sane for -4.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Just done Alonso and Son to Luiz and Sane for -4.

Would you not have waited for the Chelsea game to be played ??????
    I don’t know if you will cover the minus 4 on that this weekend either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Basically if I don’t upgrade saneto sterling I can’t really do anything as to upgrade Murphy to anyone decent requires me to sell auba or Kane with my other FT . I would rather wait another week
    So what I could do to avoid wasting transfer is bring in a mid for 7.1 or under (annoying that marital is 7.3) for one week only and then sell them again ! I would then bench Ricky .........
    I can’t stop looking at gundogan for some reason .......
    Or plan C
    Mitro to Chicharito
    Murphy to martial
    Have exact money and Chicharito is near a rise
    I’m not convinced on that one tbh

My team is vey decnet for this weekend but it seems to be case of making 2 transfers (both free ) or none and lose one !
    Could always do Murphy to camarasa I suppose ......or Paterson

Now I’m really confused LOL
    Another week would allow me to see if Rashford for example starts up top for united ahead of Huss Bournemouth double Home games too..........

I know too the league leader is gonna captain sterling which scares me .
    The easiest move might be just to do sane to sterling

Id be strongly look at pedro

Id be strongly look at pedro

You must have read my feckin mind !!!!!!
    I was just looking at their fixtures
    I don’t think I can go back to him
    But for one week maybe ............I do like the option of carrying my extraFT and the extra cash Cos I could even end up going for hazard the following week tbh

I wish shaqiri had a better fixture this week so I could justify getting him in and starting him ahead of Ricky .........he is a rare FF player for me in that I always seem to own him at the right time . Fell like I may have mused that now

I’ll be very exposed to a sterling haul this weekend though. And I will captain auba .......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is Lindelof a goal threat? Looking at a defender sub 5m and him & Lovren sticking out. Really should get Digne but not v Spurs this week

Other option is a keeper... Fabianski?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is Lindelof a goal threat? Looking at a defender sub 5m and him & Lovren sticking out. Really should get Digne but not v Spurs this week

Get digne
    Lindelof came very close to a goal the other week
    An own goal
    Digne is ridiculously attacking and is a bonus magnet

I would also not be suprised if Bailly is now a regular starts so who knows where that will leave lindelof

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Digne is more attacking than alonso as is doherty from what ive seen the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Should I take a two GW punt on Mané or a four GW punt on Martial? While he's a bit of a risk, Martial facilitates bringing Hazard back in the following week which is very tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

2 transfers to be used this week, have 1m to be used too.

Team as of now is:
    Fabianski

Digne
    Robertson
    Dunk

Anderson
    Hazard
    Sterling
    Fraser

Aubameyang (c)
    Jimenez
    Mitrovic

subs:
    Richarlison
    Wan-Bissaka
    Vinagre
    Patricio

Any advice or glaring weaknesses there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Should I take a two GW punt on Mané or a four GW punt on Martial? While he's a bit of a risk, Martial facilitates bringing Hazard back in the following week which is very tempting.

Martial if you get hazard .United have manager bounce aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Stevecw wrote: »
    2 transfers to be used this week, have 1m to be used too.

Team as of now is:
    Fabianski

Digne
    Robertson
    Dunk

Anderson
    Hazard
    Sterling
    Fraser

Aubameyang (c)
    Jimenez
    Mitrovic

subs:
    Richarlison
    Wan-Bissaka
    Vinagre
    Patricio

Any advice or glaring weaknesses there?

Dunk and vinagre look the 2 that need moving on maybe luiz and a Huddersfield defender? Or city defender but stones played last night so it's a bit of a guessing game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

A few lads seem to think Jose was the only problem at Man Utd.

I wouldn’t be touching their players until we know how Solskjaer plans on setting them up, and who he will actually select.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Chesty08 wrote: »

I picked Lovren over Digne. There’s a lot of talk about Digne but he’s gotten a goal and assist in the last two, in the 12 before that he had one assist. Lovren looks nailed on currently and the way he plays when he gets in he stays in, so you’re looking at the odd goal and a great chance for CS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Benimar wrote: »

I wouldn’t be touching their players until we know how Solskjaer plans on setting them up, and who he will actually select.

+1 for this I'm happy to wait it out and assess at the prices rashford and lingaard are orobably the 2 that interest me most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Thinking of doing Ryan Fraser to Snodgrass

Benimar wrote: »

Don’t agree with the first part of what you said.

I think the players will thrive under an attacking manager.

I’d imagine Lingard, Rashford and Martial will see regular game time now.

I’ll happily own 2 of the above if they are starting games. Pogba will become an option again.

I think anyone chasing gains should be looking for at least 2 of their attackers for their 5 games ahead and that includes against Cardiff this weekend.

Time to punt.

Sounds like you do agree with the first part? Jose's negative football was mostly to blame for the for FPL performance of uniteds attacking players.

It's definitely a punt.

• Advertisement

Mata is 6.2ml....................I will wait and see first team lineup but will probably get one. If I end up downgrading auba or kane next week I will consider rashford for the few weeks

Advertisement