Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game Week 18 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have exactly enough for Kane/Diangana to Sane + Giroud...

I am ready to get hurt again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fabianski, Button
    Alonso, Bennett, TAA, Schindler, AWB
    Sane, Sterling, Ricky, Snodgrass, Kayal
    PEA, Kane, Jimenez

2 FTs to work with and .4 in the bank.

I might go Alonso to Digne as a long term move to start freeing up cash for in case Salah is needed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Fabianski, Button
    Alonso, Bennett, TAA, Schindler, AWB
    Sane, Sterling, Ricky, Snodgrass, Kayal
    PEA, Kane, Jimenez

2 FTs to work with and .4 in the bank.

I might go Alonso to Digne as a long term move to start freeing up cash for in case Salah is needed again.

Alonso has good fixtures I'm looking to get him back. Trent to digne better. He's out for a while and Liverpool two rotten fixtures after wolves Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Surely the Snodgrass train has passed. Returned in the last 4 Gameweeks

Last week same was said. As long as he has the fixtures he has the possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    Last week same was said. As long as he has the fixtures he has the possibilities.

He has never been a goalscorer
    I’ll be amazed (and disgusted ) if this continues
    He will chip in with assists though no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Alonso has good fixtures I'm looking to get him back. Trent to digne better. He's out for a while and Liverpool two rotten fixtures after wolves Newcastle

The big draw re getting rid of Alonso is all the cash it would free up.

I wil more than likely do TAA to Digne but will see how Kolasinic does tomorrow.

He has a better fixture next weekend and whoever comes in will need to play as AWB has City and Bennett Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm a little wary of jumping on board with chicarito speaking from a west ham point of view Anderson and Snodgrass are definitely 2 very viable options but with the style of football and how we are playing im unsure as to how many chances he will get. We don't dominate possession we are a quick strike team atm but the chances will fall better for the supporting runs rather than the main focal point imo. Snoddy is on set pieces which adds to his value but Anderson is looking top class atm. Not sure if this helps anyone just some random rambling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Kane to Auba or Kun; I’ll probably interchange between the 3 of them depending on fixtures.

I'm a little wary of jumping on board with chicarito speaking from a west ham point of view Anderson and Snodgrass are definitely 2 very viable options but with the style of football and how we are playing im unsure as to how many chances he will get. We don't dominate possession we are a quick strike team atm but the chances will fall better for the supporting runs rather than the main focal point imo. Snoddy is on set pieces which adds to his value but Anderson is looking top class atm. Not sure if this helps anyone just some random rambling

Andy Carroll is the main fly in the ointment for me
    Jiminez is the alternative but his fixtures dont inspire much confidence

Rondon the best fixture of all next weekend but not after taht

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

km79 wrote: »
    Andy Carroll is the main fly in the ointment for me
    Jiminez is the alternative but his fixtures dont inspire much confidence

Rondon the best fixture of all next weekend but not after taht

Yeah I jumped the gun and got Carroll 2 weeks ago he's not match fit yet... BUT they have told him he's gonna have to earn a contract so when he does get a chance he may come good. I'm in a tricky spot with him definitely jumped the gun but is now the time to get rid or give him the chance.... a month ago the chat was hernandez would be sold I haven't heard anything recently so his form may have put paid to that until the summer. Already have Jiminez and rondons fixtures look way too nasty for a punt but there is much else to be had around there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

Patricio Ryan
    Laporte Alonso Kolasinac AWB Hoedt
    Son Hazard Anderson Ricky Billing
    Jimenez Aguero Auba

1 ft, .3 in the bank

Looking to get rid of Hoedt a few weeks now, and I think this week is time. Any suggestions for 4.6 or under?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JayJoe1990 wrote: »
    Looking to get rid of Hoedt a few weeks now, and I think this week is time. Any suggestions for 4.6 or under?

West Ham have some nice fixtures over the next few weeks. I'd suggest Balbuena (4.4) or Diop (4.3).

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Well and truly in the Kane trap now :(
    Just don’t know if I can go ahead and sell him with those fixtures
    And then of course for at least 2 of them will captain him...........apart from the Newcastle fixture salah corresponding fixtures are poor

Might take the opportunity to sort out Josh Murphy though . And still may go sane to sterling !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Tempted to bring in KDB although might give it another week.

I’ve a lot of work to do.

I want to go 4 at the back so I need to work out if it’s going to be 442 or 433.

My want to add Digne and Doherty to Alonso and Robertson is my reason for going 4 at the back. So that’ll make my backline RADD man.

I think 4 in the middle is where the value is so I’ll be working toward a 4-4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

klopparama wrote: »
    I’ve a lot of work to do.

I want to go 4 at the back so I need to work out if it’s going to be 442 or 433.

My want to add Digne and Doherty to Alonso and Robertson is my reason for going 4 at the back. So that’ll make my backline RADD man.

I think 4 in the middle is where the value is so I’ll be working toward a 4-4-2.
    Thinking of same back line with Digne coming in for Bennett. Strangely happy enough with rest of my team....

All feels a bit boring and templatey....

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Thinking of same back line with Digne coming in for Bennett. Strangely happy enough with rest of my team....

I’ve 2 FT and I’ve i don’t do the Kane salah switcharoo then I am prob just going to sell Murphy and bank the second transfer

My transfer activity has been very modest this year ! I’ve made two keeper transfers , banked a good few weeks , only 2 hits and now for the second time I’ll be changing my fifth mid
    Sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've got the same back 4 along with AWB.

I've got 2 FTs and not sure if I want to make a big move as I may give Kane some time.

I'm right in thinking I can bring one forward to next week. It's been so long since I've been in this position.

S.M.B. wrote: »

I've got 2 FTs and not sure if I want to make a big move as I may give Kane some time.

I'm right in thinking I can bring one forward to next week. It's been so long since I've been in this position.
    Pretty sure that's right

That's my planned back 4 bit worried everyone has it now haha

Yeah use one and you will have 2 the following week again
    Could be invaluable this time of year
    Im still weighing up sane to sterling
    Midweek team sheets will help me decide

I prefer sterling’s goal threat and captaincy appeal

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »

Yeah use one and you will have 2 the following week again
    Could be invaluable this time of year
    Im still weighing up sane to sterling
    Midweek team sheets will help me decide

I prefer sterling’s goal threat and captaincy appeal

And he feels much more of a season keeper than Sane. Have a feeling with Sane u might always feel grass is greener when Mendy is back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lacazette and Son both have nice fixtures next week but there are too much of rotation risks.

I’ve also Sane & Sterling with one of those likely to rotate next week.

Have 0.9m ITB... who do I bring in. Do I bring in Salah & a 5.9m forward or Hazard & 8mil forward for Laca & Son.

Or do Laca & Diagana out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bar any injuries today....

Mitrovic/Brooks --> Kamara/Felipe Anderson

Brooks being dropped so no good as a sub, prefer Andreson to Mitrovic as my 11th man. Will be 3-5-2 most weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm thinking Laporte to Trippier, City are always conceding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hmmmm. I can do Son+Anderson out for Hazard+Snodgrass. Rival brought in Anderson though and I'm not too sold on Snodgrass, despite his recent form.

There is a real lack of mid range forward and midfield options this year.

From 7m to 9.5m is a bit of a graveyard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was thinking Auba in for Kane. But may now get Ings. And use the extra cash to improve my midfield/defense

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

siblers wrote: »
    I'm thinking Laporte to Trippier, City are always conceding

im thinking of doing the same this week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll just downgrade Auba and get Hazard back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thoughts on Kane to Kamara and Gunnarsson to Salah for - 4? Have the exact funds to do it Kane has looked poor but his fixtures are so good

Advertisement