Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Don’t agree with the first part of what you said.

I think the players will thrive under an attacking manager.

I’d imagine Lingard, Rashford and Martial will see regular game time now.

I’ll happily own 2 of the above if they are starting games. Pogba will become an option again.

I think anyone chasing gains should be looking for at least 2 of their attackers for their 5 games ahead and that includes against Cardiff this weekend.

Time to punt.

I think you do agree with the first part so!

Benimar wrote: »
    I think you do agree with the first part so!

I think I was/am tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Is getting double City in (Sterling/Sane) at the cost of Salah worth it*?

*May involve Luiz to Holebas

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

carnie wrote: »
    Is getting double City in (Sterling/Sane) at the cost of Salah worth it*?

*May involve Luiz to Holebas

I wouldn’t until after Newcastle game

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Have Lacazette and Kane up front heading into this weekend. Unsure what to do about Lacazette as he’s very expensive for someone who may have a 10 minute cameo at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Might simply do Kane to Aubameyang.

Not convinced by Kane at all....haven't seen a lot of Spurs this year but he seems to be coming deep a lot to receive the ball rather than being on the end of things (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    Mata is 6.2ml....................I will wait and see first team lineup but will probably get one. If I end up downgrading auba or kane next week I will consider rashford for the few weeks

i'll be more than likely getting in Lingard next week, beefing up my squad a little for the festive fixtures. He was United's best player against Liverpool. 2 goals in his last 3. £6.7m with some nice short-term fixtures as well as a nice run in the new year. Could be a shrewd pic

manual_man wrote: »
    i'll be more than likely getting in Lingard next week, beefing up my squad a little for the festive fixtures. He was United's best player against Liverpool. 2 goals in his last 3. £6.7m with some nice short-term fixtures as well as a nice run in the new year. Could be a shrewd pic

He could be
    If the new manager rates him
    Not everyone does ....if I was a betting man I would be of your mind though
    Either way I’ll wait a week
    I’d LOVE it if mata was played in the number 10 role and the attack built around him
    If I get even a sniff of that I’m on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Agreed, Mata at 6.2 is absolute gold. If there's even a whisper of him starting I'm bringing him in.

Agreed, Mata at 6.2 is absolute gold. If there's even a whisper of him starting I'm bringing him in.

I’m actually considering it this week now
    But I know it’s silly
    I’d have to drop Ricky to start him
    I wish I only had one FT so I could Bank this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Auba starts for arsenal tonight is not good. Kane on the bench is good though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'm tempted do Free Hit now after seeing the teams tonight. I stocked up on Arsenal and Spurs players due to fixtures so have a good few in danger of being benched this weekend. I have four starting plus Kane on the bench and Kola injured. Wanb and Bennett from my bench aren't good options this weekend. It would allow me to get in the likes of Hazard and Jesus plus maybe a couple of Utd players to catch any potential bounce without over-committing.

Aubas "performance " so far has me seriously doubting captaining him at the weekend
    And I still am not comfortable with the thought of capatincy sane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:

Transferring Sane out is asking for trouble. What's the rest of your midfield?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Transferring Sane out is asking for trouble. What's the rest of your midfield?

Fraser Ricky Anderson Murphy

Obviously Murphy is on the chopping block but I need to sell auba or kane first
    I do have 2 FT and based on what I've seen tonight and last 2 weeks I may well go from possibly captaining auba to selling him . Prob for rashford
    Could get hazard for murphy then as I'd be .1 short of sterling

Looking at fixtures I think I might like that but rashford is a bit of a risk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    Looking at fixtures I think I might like that but rashford is a bit of a risk

He is but he has great fixtures and decent form. I sold Aubameyang last week so I think they're good transfers, 2 good players in and only losing 1 who has blanked 4 in a row. If your heart is set on Sterling instead of Hazard I'd get Jiminez or Ings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Kolasinac —- Schindler
    Kenedy — Hazard
    Lacazette — Kamara

——AWB — Schindler — Alonso
    Hazard — Anderson — Salah — Sterling
    ——- Kane — Jimenez — Kamara.

Bad week to be losing 2 Arsenal players but sets me up nicely for the next few weeks. Thoughts on the above for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Kolasinac —- Schindler
    Kenedy — Hazard
    Lacazette — Kamara

Bad week to be losing 2 Arsenal players but sets me up nicely for the next few weeks. Thoughts on the above for a -4

I'm not so sure that it does. What's your bench like?
    AWB away to City isn't ideal.
    And Kamara is overachieving and could be rotated again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Don’t agree with the first part of what you said.

I think the players will thrive under an attacking manager.

I’d imagine Lingard, Rashford and Martial will see regular game time now.

I’ll happily own 2 of the above if they are starting games. Pogba will become an option again.

I think anyone chasing gains should be looking for at least 2 of their attackers for their 5 games ahead and that includes against Cardiff this weekend.

Time to punt.

Rashford and Martial have seen a lot of game time recently.

In fact and I think I pointed it out before over the last 10 GW's, i.e. since Martial got his first 90 mins, he has outscored Sterling, Sane, Hazard, Ricky, Maherz. Only Salah has outscored him by 9 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kolasinac —- Schindler
    Kenedy — Hazard
    Lacazette — Kamara

Kamara isn't someone that I would be starting - as a 4.3m forward who gets regular game time since Ranerai got the job - by all means buy him but he's a first/second sub player imo.

Who else do you have on the bench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Those who still have TAA like me, what are your plans? Personally I’m looking to keep if I hear he’ll be back for the Newcastle game but if not I’ll be selling on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Those who still have TAA like me, what are your plans? Personally I’m looking to keep if I hear he’ll be back for the Newcastle game but if not I’ll be selling on Friday.

Holding him. I'd doubt if we'll know by Friday if he'll be playing 26th but I'm willing to take the risk into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Those who have owned Auba, what are your plans?

Very surprised he started tonight, does that mean a likely benching this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve Lacazette and after losing 2 on the spin, without Laca starting and home to Burnley... no way I’m selling.

He’ll defo start, has to! He was a 90 minute man the whole way through their run until he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Those who have owned Auba, what are your plans?

Very surprised he started tonight, does that mean a likely benching this weekend?

I'm not sure what to do .I have 2 free transfers .I think he plays but prob won get 90 mins. Maybe 45 , Emery likes to make a sub at 45 min mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I have PEA and 2 free transfers but think I'll keep him for the Xmas period and re-evaluate after. Same with Kane.

Tempted to just do Hamer to Button even though I think I'll have Patricio in goals for the next few weeks. Pretty annoyed I didn't have a spare transfer a few weeks ago to do Patricio to Fab, was too busy panic buying Sterling and Kane and getting rid of all those red flagged players.

I too have 2 FT and PEA and would also rather wait a week so I am tempted to to go for Pedro in for Murphy rather than lose a transfer .
    I’ve narrowed it down to either that or Murphy to hazard and PEA to Rashford

Seems more prudent to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m thinking matt targett. Am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are Kolasinac owners doing this week? Holding or selling?

I'd love to get Trippier in and have the money to do so in a direct swap but how reliable is he going to be especially over Christmas with that groin?

Even Alderweireld might be worth a shout with Vertonghen’s injury.

I really want a Spurs defender for this run. Could go back to Laporte either but the lack of bonus points for that price is a killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »
    What are Kolasinac owners doing this week? Holding or selling?

I'd love to get Trippier in and have the money to do so in a direct swap but how reliable is he going to be especially over Christmas with that groin?

Even Alderweireld might be worth a shout with Vertonghen’s injury.

I really want a Spurs defender for this run. Could go back to Laporte either but the lack of bonus points for that price is a killer.

i'm nearly positive I'm going Bellerin to Alderweireld if Bellerin is confirmed out.

Advertisement