Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think we can all agree that the real travesty here is the attempts at slagging from both sides

"...Little drummer boy"

What in the name of Jaysus is that supposed to mean!?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You wanted protesters (men women and children) baton charged if they attempted to stop a Garth Brookes concert:rolleyes:

Chap is a hypocrite. He'd cry his eyes out if black gangs were rounded on by vigilantes. Or Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yeah it was alright when it was suggested the locals would burn the new owner out, and then burn a new home out afterwards. I didn't hear a peep out of you then.

It is against the charter to abuse other posters. You're supposed to attack the post and not the poster.

By the way it's not that family's home anymore. Cabot own it now.

So you are admitting it was you who was sneering about this familys home being burned down would have been a good thing because of the state of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Omackeral wrote: »
    Chap is a hypocrite. He'd cry his eyes out if black gangs were rounded on by vigilantes. Or Travellers.

i wouldn't no, i would simply condemn it as there are remedies in place to deal with such gangs.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

There's a lot of information not in the public domain. Probably the most pertinent question is who actually holds the debt and it's size, and size of the land holdings it's acting as collateral for.

Even at this stage, it's unconfirmed as far as I know. We don't even know the name of the financial institution, KBC have said nothing, Cabot have denied involvement.

What we do know is that some good republicans are organising a rally in the town on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I just hope is that this doesn't turn into a successful recruitment drive for Freeman of the land Gilroy and his vellow yests, or tiger reborn or whatever alfies army is calling itself this week.

Lots of calls for revolution, riots, general anarchy, the burning of the Dáil, the lynching of 'that zulu vradker' etc. etc. arising from this, and it is going completely uncontested on the major forms of social media. (Contest it at your peril, I won't ever try again anyway)

However, one big thing I can see going against the yellow vests is that they're not racist enough, seems to be a bugbear for a lot of people who would like to pursue a career in protesting but also don't like the darkies.

Hoping this just blows over, maybe some optics from the government might calm the more reasonable folk attaching themselves to this...

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that the real travesty here is the attempts at slagging from both sides

"...Little drummer boy"

What in the name of Jaysus is that supposed to mean!?

It's both festive and sectarian. I love how EOTR has thanked all the posts slagging loyalists but would throw a hissy fit if any other group were mocked. So hypocritical.

i wouldn't no, i would simply condemn it as there are remedies in place to deal with such gangs.

You didn't seem to mind these security boys get a hiding from vigilantes. Talk about "greater good" and that if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Naos wrote: »
    VAT CALCULATOR (IRELAND)

Price excluding VAT: €769,565.22
    VAT(23%): €177,000
    Price including VAT: €946,565.22

In order to generate €177k VAT, he would have to have billed €945k (this is open to correction).

Vat could have been at the lower 13.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Water John wrote: »
    Correct Gandalf, different cases deserve different remedies. Take a young couple who put together a deposit and get a mortgage. Then, illness strikes or one is let go from a well paying position whatever and they fall behind on repayments. It was never their intention to default but sh*t happens.
    This is a different kettle of fish, but the main residence should be separate from the business. All business and property owners should be aware of that.

They should indeed.

However, this sham's credit rating is not exactly AAA, so I suspect he may have used his property as security in order to borrow.

He's very much at the end of the road on all fronts now though, no doubt about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

There's a lot of information not in the public domain. Probably the most pertinent question is who actually holds the debt and it's size, and size of the land holdings it's acting as collateral for. Who are these people and what do they do?

Even at this stage, it's unconfirmed as far as I know. We don't even know the name of the financial institution, KBC have said nothing, Cabot have denied involvement.

What we do know is that some good republicans are organising a rally in the town on Sunday.

According to Today FM there was a high court order, no other detail matters really. They've been ordered out, they should leave the property. I don't condone the alleged actions of the security crowd, I haven't looked into it much, but you can be sure they were asked to leave before they were removed.

Awful situation for all involved.

tipptom wrote: »
    Nope,just Loyalist scum.

And you of course know that how?
    If they were republican nordies would that be OK to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

No other security company, certainly not one from the republic, will do this kind of work because of the neanderthal response this eviction and others like it got. Who would want their face plastered all over FB with people asking for their names and addresses to be made public?

A large part of the response is because of the company. Believe it or not there are sheriff's and their deputies that go about this business quietly and professionally all the time. This is what happens when you bring in a bunch of thugs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The guy evicted was a criminal, it's not surprising he knew other 'good republican' criminals. Birds of a feather flock together and scumbags seldom differ.

Proof????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

zapitastas wrote: »
    A large part of the response is because of the company. Believe it or not there are sheriff's and their deputies that go about this business quietly and professionally all the time. This is what happens when you bring in a bunch of thugs

Whichever bank/company/whatever have to show they tried ( and use it as a "learning experience" * )

then it'll just be court again like so :

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/farmer-agrees-to-surrender-50-acres-to-receiver-1.3735947?mode=amp

Mr Morrin appeared before Ms Justice Leonie Reynolds after she ruled last week she was “satisfied beyond reasonable doubt” he had breached orders made by the High Court in July 2017.

In her judgment last Friday, she also dismissed applications by Mr Morrin of Poplar Square, Naas, Co Kildare, to have the receiver’s case thrown out on grounds it was frivolous, vexatious and an abuse of process. She also refused Mr Morrin’s application for orders preventing Mr Kavanagh and his agents from trespassing on his property.

then Gilroy and similar oleaginous parasites will slink off into the dark

* if the guys from North of the border with the bodycams have half a brain they'll be selling the footage to the ruc/mi5 or whoever will pay. Nice Christmas bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

So you are admitting it was you who was sneering about this familys home being burned down would have been a good thing because of the state of it?

Again, there wasn't a peep out of you when the poster suggested the locals would burn 2 houses down because they were a bit salty about their neighbour being rightfully evicted. Silence.

Did I suggest damaging any property?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its ok everyone the family have moved back in :D

Maybe they might come to an arrangement and come up with a repayment plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    According to Today FM there was a high court order, no other detail matters really. They've been ordered out, they should leave the property. .

What did the high court order say?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Geuze wrote: »
    People "eking out an existence" aren't collecting 177,000 VAT on sales.

Substantial business people are charging 177,000 VAT on sales.

The scale of the sheds in the aerial footage suggests a large operation.

What business was this guy in because as sure as hell he wasn't just a normal farmer ?
    Was he in constrcution, hence the quarry debts or was he by any chance a bit of a cattle dealer ?

This guy has left a trail of debts for decades so as sure as fook he has done little guys when he is willing to stiff revenue.

I would be interested to know about the real truth.

I wonder how many of his neighbours feel pressured into appearing to back the family ?

These types are all over the country I have found.
    And it is in their nature to always try to be the cute hoor and as they say "get a bargain", which really means screw someone over.

They are the type that you never lend anything to because you have to always go look for it back and it would probably be fecked.
    Also these types were not immune from pulling strokes like adding the likes of lard to the milk to try up the butter fat content.

And the real rub is the siblings could be grand, it might just be the fecker himself that is the chancer.

Also interesting that AGS believe that a cattle smuggling criminal outfit were involved or gave the go ahead for the vigilante attack the other night.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

jmayo wrote: »

Also interesting that AGS believe that a cattle smuggling criminal outfit were involved or gave the go ahead for the vigilante attack the other night.

Well the gardai know a lot more now, it was like a who's who

all about teh big datas now

Since he is a slimy individual, he may have "taken the Queens' shilling" ( or the garda euro) to let it escalate as much as possible and drag well meaning ( and good hearted ) ira or whoever out of the woodwork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Whatever it is hasn't gone away you know. That is a bit worrying.

But those who live in mortgaged premises without paying anything, and owe money to Revenue, and left right and centre need to be dealt with too. Otherwise why the heck would anyone pay a mortgage payment ever. I'd say plenty are still living mortgage free as we speak. Says it all for those who struggled to pay and keep their dignity.

But anyway. I have no time for the freeloaders.

Again, there wasn't a peep out of you when the poster suggested the locals would burn 2 houses down because they were a bit salty about their neighbour being rightfully evicted. Silence.

You said that in posts 94 and 105 that there might be an arson attack by locals.Where in these two post does the poster suggests that locals may burn the house? Could you please point it out.

post 94 "I wouldn't be surprised if there was a case of arson after the 'sold' sign went up."

post 105 "I didn't know they were fireproof. You think it wouldn't happen again? I couldn't think of a more negative sales pitch than what's just happened. Unless maybe discovering something like anthrax on the land......"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

So you were the poster sneering at theses peoples family home being burned down because of the way you perceived it looked??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Your wasting your time.

They just ignore that so they can carry on their little fap fest with three or four mods joining in with them at various stages to cream themselves and letting idiots accussing all people from the country of low education.
    Mod note:tipptom, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Funny how these stories become a little clearer once you dig a bit.

See Margaret Cash, see Erica Fleming.

I’ve never been more convinced of my belief that these people are only to blame for their situation and it’s not the governments fault one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I just hope is that this doesn't turn into a successful recruitment drive for Freeman of the land Gilroy and his vellow yests, or tiger reborn or whatever alfies army is calling itself this week.

Lots of calls for revolution, riots, general anarchy, the burning of the Dáil, the lynching of 'that zulu vradker' etc. etc. arising from this, and it is going completely uncontested on the major forms of social media. (Contest it at your peril, I won't ever try again anyway)

However, one big thing I can see going against the yellow vests is that they're not racist enough, seems to be a bugbear for a lot of people who would like to pursue a career in protesting but also don't like the darkies.

Hoping this just blows over, maybe some optics from the government might calm the more reasonable folk attaching themselves to this...

Reasonable folk will just walk on by, Gilroy, Yellow Vests and Roscommon will all be forgotten about again in no time.

You said that in posts 94 and 105 that there might be an arson attack by locals.Where in these two post does the poster suggests that locals may burn the house? Could you please point it out.

post 94 "I wouldn't be surprised if there was a case of arson after the 'sold' sign went up."

post 105 "I didn't know they were fireproof. You think it wouldn't happen again? I couldn't think of a more negative sales pitch than what's just happened. Unless maybe discovering something like anthrax on the land......"

If you can't see the implication in those posts that you quoted, I'd be wasting my time trying to explain it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Funny how these stories become a little clearer once you dig a bit.

See Margaret Cash, see Erica Fleming.

I’ve never been more convinced of my belief that these people are only to blame for their situation and it’s not the governments fault one bit.

I don’t think any right thinking person would disagree with you.

I’ve always said the biggest problem in this country is people’s refusal to take responsibility for their own choices and more importantly their own mistakes and problems.

So you were the poster sneering at theses peoples family home being burned down because of the way you perceived it looked??

It's not their family home, it belongs to Cabot. You already know this because I already told you.

• Advertisement

If you can't see the implication in those posts that you quoted, I'd be wasting my time trying to explain it any further.

I am just asking you to point out where in those post where the poster said that locals may be involved in arson. Its very simple really.

Show us or just correct your post and admit that you may have mis-remembered the post. It's not a big deal, we are all wrong sometimes and it shows the good character of a poster who can admit their mistakes.

Advertisement