Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,602 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No they won't. Occupants do not have any rights to the property so they do not have to be named in the order for possession.
    Their names weren't on the eviction notice and they've lived there their whole lives. You can be sure they have a case.
    This is the third generation of this family to live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

No they won't. Occupants do not have any rights to the property so they do not have to be named in the order for possession.

They do if they've been occupying for 50 or 60 years.

• Administrators Posts: 53,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

STB. wrote: »
    Listen Awec. I pay my mortgage.

Just dont try and tell me vulture funds are any solution to what the banks failed to do in the last 10 years.

Vulture funds don't provide 87% of the 120,000 mortgage restructures that have been done. If you can't pay your full mortgage, how are you going to have a chance of a restructure with a vulture fund.

There is a reason that a raft of legislation for consumer protection is going through at the moment. These funds are not regulated and are currently going through credit servicing intermediaries to bypass their lack of regulation.

I'm not saying they are the solution.

Just that you're talking emotive bollocks about how they operate. Any Vulture Fund that bought debt in Ireland to go down the eviction route would soon end up bankrupt. It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

mariaalice wrote: »
    No farmer is going to buy the land at least not local farmers and someone from outside would not be able to farm it as they could not be sure as what would be happening when they were not there because of the way they acquired the land. Complete fail fail for KBC. The occupants are elderly KBC would have got there money when they died.

Lovely welcoming community there. Must be the fabeled rural Ireland friendlyness I keep hearing of up here in the big smoke.

No person would buy ground that was repossessed. The utter grief and hardship they’d bring on themselves wouldn’t be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

eagle eye wrote: »
    Their names weren't on the eviction notice and they've lived there their whole lives. You can be sure they have a case.
    This is the third generation of this family to live there.

I'm 100% sure that residing in the property for years does not give them any rights unless they were listed as owners on the folio. They absolutely do not have to be named on the order for possession (not an eviction notice).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

riemann wrote: »
    They do if they've been occupying for 50 or 60 years.

Occupying a property with the consent of the owners does not confer any rights.

P_1 wrote: »
    So does KBC have own the debt or does a vulture fund they paid it on for pennies on the dollar own it?

Honestly if one had the capital one could make a tidy sum for oneself by buying these debts and charging the debtor a fraction of the original sum owed.

Eg, buy the debt for 50c on the dollar then negotiate with the debtor to get 60c on the dollar in repayment.

Be some good pr in it for them too

This is pretty much what vulture funds do. They don't charge the debtor a fraction, but they buy the debt at a percentage on the euro and then seek to get more than that. Could be the full amount, could be a lot less, a lot depends on your circumstances and how you engage with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

eagle eye wrote: »
    Where exactly is this. I'll head down right now if you give me directions.

From Tulsk towards Strokestown and just before you hit the speed limit zone its into the left. I'm sure once ye get there ye'll see the crowds. Or from Strokestown to Tulsk first right turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Why won't they just leave the house of they can't pay for it. Sure you wouldn't expect Vodafone to keep you connected if got didn't pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

awec wrote: »
    This is pretty much what vulture funds do. They don't charge the debtor a fraction, but they buy the debt at a percentage on the euro and then seek to get more than that. Could be the full amount, could be a lot less, a lot depends on your circumstances and how you engage with them.

I thought they went after the full debt though?

Edit at least that's what seems to be their business model in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

gandalf wrote: »
    By Irish Taxpayers....they were by Belgian ones!

Those Belgian wafflers ! Ha ha. Their UDA dogs have been taught a lesson and even killed in one case !! Let them try again and cause Black 47 and on our watch they will be sent off on a packing holiday again. Stupid Belgian Waffle fools. They have learned their lesson and will leave the poor and good old folk of Eire to their ways and those UDA can stay where THEY have been taught so many lessons from the past. That’s it now ! Ha ha. Get up the yard ye feckin tan hoors ye !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Fann Linn wrote: »
    From Tulsk towards Strokestown and just before you hit the speed limit zone its into the left. I'm sure once ye get there ye'll see the crowds. Or from Strokestown to Tulsk first right turn.

idiot-273x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The family are back in the house as there is no valid court order which means that the eviction last Tuesday was illegal. Rumours abound that the loyalist security company will come back to evict the pensioners once again, local people are gathering up that way to give their support to the vulnerable family.

P_1 wrote: »
    I thought they went after the full debt though?

Edit at least that's what seems to be their business model in Ireland

I'm sure they do a lot of the time, especially if it's obvious that you're capable of paying the full debt.

But they don't have to, it can be less. Repossession is really time consuming and an expensive process.

Look at this land in Roscommon. Who is going to want to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

klaaaz wrote: »
    The family are back in the house as there is no valid court order which means that the eviction last Tuesday was illegal. Rumours abound that the loyalist security company will come back to evict the pensioners once again, local people are gathering up that way to give their support to the vulnerable family.

How was there no valid court order ? On what basis ? A Court Order was no doubt produced to the Gardai and the Sheriff at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

They better bring the RSPCA the tan hoors ! The Eire boys will be back in business if they don’t stop their parking and funny business about the place down here.

They're "pensioners" now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Are all major media outlets censoring the fact that the men that carried out the eviction identified themselves as British?
    Just watched the video on the Irish Mirror and they cut the audio but not video when one of them said he was British.

Has RTE come out and said anything about the security coming from outside this country and all vehicles destroyed had Northern Irish plates?

Gardai should get involved now and send this security firm back home. Local TDs have said they'll intervene and try and resolve the impasse. No point now in them standing idly by again when tensions are running high. This could turn very nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Interesting. I did look on the courts website that someone linked me to a few posts back, and found nothing.

I wonder now about the position of the on-duty guards at the house. Should they not as part of their duties have asked to see a court order ?

Difficult to make out from the video, but it does sound like that the existence of a court order was hotly contested on the day and that possibly it was one of the guards who can be heard insisting that there was indeed one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Can someone setup a live stream outside the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Along with blue flashing lights, no doubt.

They're "pensioners" now. :D

Well 64\65 is pension age. Maurice McCabe and Bertie are drawing pensions. Whats the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

tuxy wrote: »
    Are all major media outlets censoring the fact that the men that carried out the eviction identified themselves as British?
    Just watched the video on the Irish Mirror and they cut the audio but not video when one of them said he was British.

Has RTE come out and said anything about the security coming from outside this country and all vehicles destroyed had Northern Irish plates?

Fitzmaurice brought it up this morning with Bryan Dobson.

The RTE goon nearly had a calf.

Well 64\65 is pension age. Maurice McCabe and Bertie are drawing pensions. Whats the problem.

Try again...

Can someone setup a live stream outside the house?

Anna Kavanagh from the Longford Democrat has one on her FB page afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm sure they do a lot of the time, especially if it's obvious that you're capable of paying the full debt.

But they don't have to, it can be less. Repossession is really time consuming and an expensive process.

Look at this land in Roscommon. Who is going to want to buy it?

Well nobody I'd imagine.

See that's what I don't get about these yellow vest lads, violence achieves nothing. If they had some cop on they'd find out who bought the debt and negotiate with them on behalf of the person in arrears, or at least train them to achieve a reduction on the debt. Play them at their own game as it were

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

tuxy wrote: »

What difference does this make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Anna Kavanagh from the Longford Democrat has one on her FB page afaik.
    https://www.facebook.com/anna.kavanagh.102?ref=br_rs

Advertisement