Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I can't talk about the legality of the eviction but how in the name of God was the court order questionable?

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting the above information? Is it in the media?

It's just on some whackjob facebook page atm. No mention on any of the main media sites yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

gandalf wrote: »
    It's just on some whackjob facebook page atm. No mention on any of the main media sites yet.

I've seen it on the Liberal.ie but then again, that's a whackjob news source.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I've seen it on the Liberal.ie but then again, that's a whackjob news source.

That's not even a whackjob news source site, its just a plagiarism with an agenda site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

That's not even a whackjob news source site, its just a plagiarism with an agenda site.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The family are now back in their home. Anne kavanagh has it up on live feed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

If they're back in, this is not good news for anyone looking to reposess a property in the near future!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

caff wrote: »
    Seems the be from the "call for an Irish revolution" Facebook page. Hope the legal advice is from a professional and not Ben Gilroy

I know that page well. They usually post information about political scandals and conflicts of interest, in which case in my experience they tend to be fairly accurate - but usually, that information is compiled from public available data and reported on (for instance, videos of Dáil debates, tweets from politicians, etc). I have no idea as to their track record with breaking exclusive stories / scoops.

Anyone else know if they have any proven record of being accurate when they report alleged facts before any other source has done so? Not casting aspersions, just genuinely unsure as to their record on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

One rule for those of us who pay our way. Another rule for those who don't I guess. Funny, I keep seeing this, yet I keep paying.

Maybe I should stop paying my bills and I can live free aswel.

I know next to nothing about this case or indeed the law in general, however if it's true that one of the lads has lived there for his entire life, will he not have a right to a share in the house and the property should not have been even allowed as collateral on a loan?

If that's the case KBC, or whoever is involved, could be looking at paying out a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

gctest50 wrote: »
    The 50 year old ?

Some spanners putting up videos on youtube have them all as pensioners FFS.

And these are the same ones that accuse others of fake news.
    riemann wrote: »
    If they're back in, this is not good news for anyone looking to reposess a property in the near future!

And it's also not good news for decent people doing their best to pay off their debts.
    These type of stories will make sure no proper foreign lending institution will set foot in the country.

• Advertisement

One rule for those of us who pay our way. Another rule for those who don't I guess. Funny, I keep seeing this, yet I keep paying.

Maybe I should stop paying my bills and I can live free aswel.

Sure what's stopping you from doing that?

So, are they illegally squatting in the bank's property - in breach of a court order?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I know next to nothing about this case or indeed the law in general, however if it's true that one of the lads has lived there for his entire life, will he not have a right to a share in the house and the property should not have been even allowed as collateral on a loan?

Presumably, unless he signed the papers putting the house up as collateral.

Of course this could have been the cute whore plan of the bother all along. Defraud the bank (he likes a bit of that) by claiming he's the sole owner and signing a contract he had no legal right to sign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Grayson wrote: »
    As a side note, to diffuse the tension, cal we all agree that strokestown is a funny name?
    The Loyalists were hoping for a Stroke...but the Stroke came with a Poke .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If that's the case KBC, or whoever is involved, could be looking at paying out a few quid.

It doesn't work that way unless he's registered owner on the deeds. And the owner still lives there and is alive.

I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

listermint wrote: »
    It doesn't work that way unless he's registered owner on the deeds. And the owner still lives there and is alive.

I'm afraid.

He'll probably die of old age next week the way some posters are going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sure he's gaining birthdays with every new page in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm sure all the lads here defending the poor aul farmer were absolutely up in arms when Brian O'Donnell was getting put out of his Killiney mansion, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That man fought in two world wars. You have some bloody respect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The answer here is, it depends. It wouldn't be unusual for one son to inherit a farm but that there would be an understanding that other relatives could live there with no legal property entitlement.

Even up until very recently you could disinherit a spouse. Living there doesn't grant automatic title.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The irony is the Belgian taxpayers bailed out KBC bank :rolleyes:
    The Belgians were very Nasty in the Congo . A Right Nasty Bunch of Barstewards .

We’re not having their Congo carry on over here !

listermint wrote: »

I'm afraid.

Doesn't always work that simply my good man.

If he has been 55 years living in the house, and if his sister has done the same, not many judges are going to send them to the side of the road.

He probably built the house.

I've heard of several instances like this, usually comes up after a bereavement where two siblings live together and the property has been willed to a niece or nephew for example. Again I don't really have a clue but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

All this will do is make banks go for the much easier Garnishee Order in future cases

here's the Sherlick lad having a meltdown :

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/rise-in-farm-assets-being-frozen-in-credit-actions-404978.html

“Garnishee orders can also be applied to other monies and payments available to the debtor but EU payments due to farmers are the most obvious and straightforward target in most cases,”

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The family are now back in their home. Anne kavanagh has it up on live feed.

Do you know what, I'm not gonna bother my bollox paying my mortgage from here on out. I'm sick of the banks. I'm sick of the politicians. I'm sick of the way Monster Munch don't have that lovely spice on them anymore. I'm sick of pressing the pedestrian crossing button three times before it changes.

Doesn't always work that simply my good man.

If he has been 55 years living in the house, and if his sister has done the same, not many judges are going to send them to the side of the road.

He probably built the house.

I've heard of several instances like this, usually comes up after a bereavement where two siblings live together and the property has been willed to a niece or nephew for example. Again I don't really have a clue but time will tell.

Going by that logic, if I get a mortgage on my family home and don't pay it back, they can't kick me out because my wife lives there? Is that what you are saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Someone, somewhere,
    probably earning a six figure salary had to sit at a desk in a suit and decide that hiring a British ‘security firm’ to evict Irish farmers off their land was a good idea,
    draw up the paper work and sign it
    I would love to know who that bright spark was :)

Lackey wrote: »
    Someone, somewhere,
    probably earning a six figure salary had to sit at a desk in a suit and decide that hiring a British ‘security firm’ to evict Irish farmers off their land was a good idea,

While that bit above is true, someone somewhere who we know who they are - probably earning a six figure salary - owe money to the local quarry, bank and revenue because they didn't pay their bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Lackey wrote: »
    Someone, somewhere,

Someone somewhere
    decided they didn't have to pay the revenue, or co-operate with the revenue investigation,
    decided they didn't need to pay the mortgage.
    decided they didn't need to pay some of their suppliers

Well then what happened?

Someone somewhere
    decided they didn't have to pay the revenue, or co-operate with the revenue investigation,
    decided they didn't need to pay the mortgage.
    decided they didn't need to pay some of their suppliers

Well then what happened?

All the SJWs on the Interwebs jumped to their aid and they lived happily ever after again :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jesus lads, I'm going out to get a mortgage and no bother paying it back at this rate.

This country is fecked and in the short term it's only going to get worse.

Advertisement