Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Deirdre - Saturday 15 December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

pad199207 wrote: »
    Christmas light flying off buildings in Naas Main St at the moment. Rain very heavy.

Get yourself indoors!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Been driving around Naas here. Strong gusts at times in steady rain

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just back from a drive through Dublin city. The roads are empty! Big gusts kicking in. Took my side gate off its hinges, as the wind funnels into the cul de sac where I am.

Lots of that annoying rain that your wipers are either too fast or too slow for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Non event everywhere. Another warnings farce

And you’re everywhere are you? Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Left Swords 15 minutes ago in eerie calm. Artived in IKEA and it's howling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Non event everywhere. Another warnings farce

Ah yeah. Just a light breeze.

TheTorment wrote: »
    Lifted a loose bundle of 2x1 lengths of timber I had on the drive and scattered them.
    pad199207 wrote: »
    Christmas light flying off buildings in Naas Main St at the moment. Rain very heavy.
    Feck - Large tree just uprooted itself at end of driveway
    antodeco wrote: »
    Big gusts kicking in. Took my side gate off its hinges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Starting to kick off at DUB airport now.
    Place is fairly quiet anyway. Just need to dodge flying debris for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Strong wind here in Clondalkin. Gale gusts with heavy rain. Nothing that we don't experience several times per typical winter. Still, that is just my experience here; others are likely getting stronger winds. Good call to downgrade the warning level for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Starting to kick off at DUB airport now.
    Place is fairly quiet anyway. Just need to dodge flying debris for a few hours.

Times like this you find out what the FOD bins are really meant for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Very gusty wind and howling rain in Firhouse Dublin 24 after an afternoon of relative calm, preceded by strong winds and driving rain this morning......
    Getting worse as I'm typing this.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

sdanseo wrote: »
    Times like this you find out what the FOD bins are really meant for :pac:

I had to look that up : learn new things everyday on boards “Foreign object debris (FOD) at airports can cause damage that costs airlines, airports, and airport tenants millions of dollars every year. FOD is any object that does not belong in or near airplanes and, as a result, can injure airport or airline personnel and damage airplanes.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

A really bleak stormy night here in SW Donegal, not a night to be out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Seriously strong gusts here on Westmeath/Meath border savage amount of flooding on the roads too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

NMB wrote: »
    Foreign object debris (FOD) at airports can cause damage that costs airlines, airports, and airport tenants millions of dollars every year. FOD is any object that does not belong in or near airplanes and, as a result, can injure airport or airline personnel and damage airplanes.

This is like those wiki bots you get on Reddit.

Pretty wild in D7 right now, not the worst ever, but certainly lives up to the yellow alert for this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

MJohnston wrote: »
    This is like those wiki bots you get on Reddit.

Pretty wild in D7 right now, not the worst ever, but certainly lives up to the yellow alert for this area.

D6 has picked up too roaring wind down the chimney

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Pressure now rising from a low of 965 3 hours ago to 977.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

18Z analysis shows the 980-hPa low just east of Dublin Bay. Stiff gradient following it in the east for the next hour or two, then a transient ridge sets in from the west overnight.

ukmo_nat_fax_2018121518_000.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Sounds like my roof is about to detach from the house. Serious gusts here in North Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Siobhán on the weather at 6.30pm said it's to hit the eastern side until about 10pm with all wind abating by midnight when the low moves away.....as far as I remember.......I seem to have Christmas brain this week......:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

18Z analysis shows the 980-hPa low just east of Dublin Bay. Stiff gradient following it in the east for the next hour or two, then a transient ridge sets in from the west overnight.

ukmo_nat_fax_2018121518_000.png

Does that mean it will decrease in intensity in a few hours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Wind has picked back up here in Wicklow. A gust of 63mph at 18:52 on wicklowweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Does that mean it will decrease in intensity in a few hours?

In Ireland, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

At 6.30pm Dublin airport had just 7 knots of wind. 7pm now gusting 53 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Agh it’s scary in Dublin now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Mortelaro wrote: »

88kph outside of wicklow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

1st go around of this wind in DUB
    FR117

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Just drove Tallaght to Sandyford.

M50 surface water pretty bad and cross winds rocking about. Howling away.

Was due to go back to Tallaght and back out but hanging tight to avoid going back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It's pretty rough outside my house now in South Wicklow and I'm in a sheltered area. Sitting by a roaring fire listening to it howl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm watching Dante's Peak to add to the atmosphere! :D

Advertisement