Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Because he won the third?

It was a very close round but I edged it for Max. Ortega started the round well but missed with a lot of what he threw throughout it and after the good start Max turned it up and out performed for most of that round.

Still no way you stop it after that round.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If Gunnar had a weakness in the past its that he seemed to gets stuck in a grappling & submission mindset and didn't really strike enough during the grappling sequences. He'd have mount and would spend ages trying to get the submission via pure grappling rather than create the opening via gnp.

I thought he was falling into the same trap against Cowboy. Then he sliced him up and proved me wrong. But you saw how quickly the submission came once he did the damage, I hope it's a lesson he keeps with him.

Cowboy didn't tap because of the submission. I could have got him to tap there. He was tapping because of all the blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Cowboy didn't tap because of the submission. I could have got him to tap there. He was tapping because of all the blood.

Agreed, the choke was barely on and he tapped. He panicked at the sight of all that blood and who could blame him? I'd have tapped before I even gave up my back, it was gruesome looking. I'll never watch that fight again but it was good to see Cowboy smiling while getting his stitches.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cliggg wrote: »
    Agreed, the choke was barely on and he tapped. He panicked at the sight of all that blood and who could blame him? I'd have tapped before I even gave up my back, it was gruesome looking. I'll never watch that fight again but it was good to see Cowboy smiling while getting his stitches.

Can't blame him either. I probably wouldn't be able to tap, I'd just start freaking out if I seen that much blood.

He was badly hurt from one of the final elbows. Might have been the one that cut him open but even before the blood started pouring he winced as soon as he felt the impact and turtled up for a second. So it was a combination of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Was it an illegal strike to the back of gunnis head? Don't think they really showed the replay. Certainly looked like it to me. Should have been two points deducted in the 1st round imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Class stuff from the lads

84s63xuig2421.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Leaked scenes from a new Pixar movie about MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Max won't be fighting Conor anytime soon..

Enlighten us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

d00mk1n wrote: »
    Enlighten us

I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

d00mk1n wrote: »
    Enlighten us
    I can't.

sure its all over whatsapp groups of friends of friends of cousins of Conor, good sources

Freaky :eek:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrgwOoJHOHV/

Reminder - view from 8 days ago below. Jeez, dude is like a vampire or has been having wolverine blood transfusions or something...
    Takes me as long to recover from a hangover these days :o

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbWhT9H2si/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Jesus that's freaky! A slight bit of a bloodshot right eye but that's it. The healing powers of medical grade CBD??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

sure its all over whatsapp groups of friends of friends of cousins of Conor, good sources

Whatsapp groups are always being used in court for convicting people, aren't they?

You can't get anywhere without a statement and cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jesus that's freaky! A slight bit of a bloodshot right eye but that's it. The healing powers of medical grade CBD??

Aren't that camp known for using things stronger than CBD? ;)

Advertisement