Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

There are no dry cakes.:D

What these other people are talking about are mere cookies.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Used to make a pear and cointreau sponge, good lord it was glorious

That sounds delicious. ;)

In my little village i’ve four wineries and three distilleries. No reason to get desperate.

When the local volunteer fire brigade has its annual fest they just block the old main road with a tent. All cakes there are fresh baked and homemade by the rural women’s club, yummy.

Just behind is the ole fire engine hall for the adults. Local wines and everything else till the rooster next door i opening it’s eyes for the first try.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You're well looked after :)

Oh, yes, love it here.:)

Most tourists don’t find the little hidden gems with down to earth food and drinks. Plus always good humoured locals enjoying themself and a bit of company.

What i can’t stand anymore are summers like the last one with weeks of 36 degree celsius without end. So i’m looking for cooler summers somewhere in Ireland. Maybe a little house in a nice harbour town and a little boat for cruising around.

Even a static caravan would fit my bill. Or a slightly bigger boat with a permanent mooring somewhere.;)

Dreams...still a few years to go.:D

• Advertisement

Sunny south east beckons

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Most tourists don’t find the little hidden gems with down to earth food and drinks. Plus always good humoured locals enjoying themself and a bit of company.

What i can’t stand anymore are summers like the last one with weeks of 36 degree celsius without end. So i’m looking for cooler summers somewhere in Ireland. Maybe a little house in a nice harbour town and a little boat for cruising around.

Even a static caravan would fit my bill. Or a slightly bigger boat with a permanent mooring somewhere.;)

You would hate where I live then. Summers hotter than Lucifer's left testicle, and winters cold enough to kill a brass monkey.

Actually i survived half a year near Toronto, Canada.:pac:

From October to March the following year. Dry cold and dry sommers are no problem. What really kills me is humidity. Enjoyed a fantastic indian summer over there at Algonquin park going canoeing. Even the sudden snowfalls during winter had been ok.;)

The other extrem was Phoenix,Flagstaff and Lake Powell in the desert. After the first outbreak of sweat leaving the car or hotel comfort zone it was quite ok. Except for the melting shoe soles...:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

yeah, humidity is awful here in the summer. Then winter hits, and the wind chill kicks in. Had my spit freeze on the ground a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

try Garrykennady on the Shannon lovely spot/mooring.

• Advertisement

Shpud, hope you're still reading, miss you around man.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I see the thread title has been corrected :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Shpud, hope you're still reading, miss you around man.

+1

My God town today is mental. 1st of December and the hoards descend. There will be some amount of rubbish bought.

My God town today is mental. 1st of December and the hoards descend. There will be some amount of rubbish bought.

AND SO IT BEGINS.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    AND SO IT BEGINS.

It's horrible. I was going to get a loan off himself to get some presents before my accounts are settled but I don't have the stamina for the madness today. I'll have a drink in a quiet pub and then home to Netflix :)

I took out 110 euros from the bank put them in an envelope and I can not find them now

Rubecula wrote: »
    I took out 110 euros from the bank put them in an envelope and I can not find them now

Check your clothes, then where you put post, car and where you make tea or coffee.. Then we'll get into fridge, washing machine, drawers and safe places

Check your clothes, then where you put post, car and where you make tea or coffee.. Then we'll get into fridge, washing machine, drawers and safe places

Done all that Grem. I feel so stupid just now.

Try not to dwell too hard on it, then it'll come to ya where you left it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rubecula wrote: »

Oh god, that has to be the worst thing ever

Seconding Lith, it'll come back to you. Rest, you'll leave your hand on it soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

morning Peeps,

its time.

MONDAY HAPPY DANCE...............

OH YEAH,

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Get out !!!

:p

Bed and electric blanket toasting my bum. Another long night over..

How has the day gone for you lot?

Bed and electric blanket toasting my bum. Another long night over..

Must resist obvious joke :pac:

Slowly. If ya really wanna know...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Glad it's over.

I slept some but now all discombobulated

• Advertisement

First half was ok.

Had a laugh about an official paper of the LC. They had an estimate wrong but who i am to dispute their decisions.:P

Saves my tenants a few hundred over the coming years. Which they will never know.:pac:

Second half was slow and relaxed. Now i have to fight sleep. Otherwise i’ll be wide awake in the middle of the night. :D

Advertisement