Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer questions you'd be embarrassed to ask any where else!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Then I guess it might be a computer problem, rather than a Boards problem. Unless you were trying to post, uh, I dunno, stuff like pictures of rottweilers, or something. ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

naah nowt like that but now you mention it not been able to go it since I got this pc hmmmm

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just thinking - have you checked how the shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+c, CTRL+V) are set up on your computer? It might just be a case of them having been deleted/ set to something else.

I hadn't before you mentioned it. thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rubecula wrote: »
    any idea from anyone why I can no longer post pictures un here? I can post vids of course
    On what forums? Some forums don't/didn't allow pictures, to cut down on cat memes.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    On what forums? Some forums don't/didn't allow pictures, to cut down on cat memes.

it is all forums and a few other sites too.

I know what to do now but can not find the one thing to do it with lol lol

One more option. Have you tried highlighting the URL and then using the commands you get when you right-click to copy and paste it?

New Home wrote: »
    One more option. Have you tried highlighting the URL and then using the commands you get when you right-click to copy and paste it?
    first thing I tried Newy lol

oh bugger it lol]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Triboro wrote: »
    Is there any way of turning off the suggestions when you start a Google search on iphone?
    Have tried turning off predictive text in settings and turned off search engine suggestions also.

What are your using for a 'Google Search'. Are you using a specific google app or are you using a general browser.

In the case of a browser there is a usually an option to turn off 'predictive suggestions' or similarly named.

If you are using a specific google app then it's possible there is no way to stop it because the whole point of having the app is that it provides such functions but it still may be possible, just check the settings.

'Predictive text' in settings I'd imagine has got to do with your keyboard i.e. after typing the first few letters a list of possible words you intend are listed. This has noting whatsoever to do with predicting a web site you might wish to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I know what to do now but can not find the one thing to do it with lol lol

Have you tried uploading the files to Imgur;

jND3OzK.png

AllForIt wrote: »
    What are your using for a 'Google Search'. Are you using a specific google app or are you using a general browser.

In the case of a browser there is a usually an option to turn off 'predictive suggestions' or similarly named.

If you are using a specific google app then it's possible there is no way to stop it because the whole point of having the app is that it provides such functions but it still may be possible, just check the settings.

'Predictive text' in settings I'd imagine has got to do with your keyboard i.e. after typing the first few letters a list of possible words you intend are listed. This has noting whatsoever to do with predicting a web site you might wish to visit.

not using google at all I use Bing. I am on a desktop pc by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

not using google at all I use Bing. I am on a desktop pc by the way

I'm confused. I was replying to user Triboro. Or is this a joke thread..haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm confused. I was replying to user Triboro. Or is this a joke thread..haha.

There are two questions going simultaneously, just ignore replies about posting pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭cnoc

Over the past number of days when I attempt to log on to boards.ie, I get the following "warning":

'The CSRF token is invalid. Resubmit'

What does it mean?

I think it's something to do with cookies, it happens to me as well if I log in after I clear them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Try ctrl-F5 in your browser on boards.ie and log in using your boards credentials.

Are you trying to log in via a facebook or twitter account? CSRF aka Cross-Site Request Forgery allows cross validation of accounts.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not using either Facebook or Twitter to log in. Am logging in from Google.

It's me again! Does anybody know of an email address for Google mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

cnoc wrote: »
    It's me again! Does anybody know of an email address for Google mail?

You should find something here

https://www.google.com/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

About 18 months ago i bought a lenovo laptop, everything continues to work perfectly. however recently "Activate Windows" has appeared on screen continuously and when i go to settings to activate it they are looking for a code,how do i get a number? all packaging is long gone.Any help appreciated,and what could/would happen if i cant get one. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There might be a serial number under the Battery, try there

Have a look Here

https://support.lenovo.com/ie/en/solutions/ht103102

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ignore this just read the Lenovo link provided by UCH

Just running Malwarebytes and its found 20 'potentially unwanted' programs. One of these is HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\current version\ uninstall. Its calling them all a threat (PUP.optional.winyahoo.tsklnk) and offering to quarantine. Does this seem reasonable?

Asking for a friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

looksee wrote: »
    Just running Malwarebytes and its found 20 'potentially unwanted' programs. One of these is HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\current version\ uninstall. Its calling them all a threat (PUP.optional.winyahoo.tsklnk) and offering to quarantine. Does this seem reasonable?

Asking for a friend :D

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/pup-optional-winyahoo/
    This detection is for a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that performs changes on popular browsers installed on affected systems. Particularly, it modifies the user’s default home, start, and search pages for their Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari browsers. This PUP also performs redirects to unwanted sites.

Furthermore, it installs browser extensions / add-ons / plug-ins.

Safe enough to let MWB quarantine it. Careful what you your friend :-) install!

Not to me, going by this, unless some virus managed to write some unwanted stuff into that program, but how are you to know?

Anyway, hopefully you'll get a better, clearer, more educated answer from someone else. :p

You'd be a bit nervous of it apparently being microsoft\windows\current version, like might wipe the operating system - they might of course!

Edit: Seems to be ok, Malwarebytes quarantined it automatically and all the fingers and toes are still wiggling. Friend says thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I would tend to trust MBAM when it wants to remove something.

Historically, it was one of the few anti malware apps that could remove some of the more 'dug in' malware.

If you google what it is flagging, it's a good way to find out that the malware does. As said, most of it hijacks your homepage or displays ads as you browse, some of the more malicious ones can harvest passwords.

• Advertisement

My Dell Vostro 3550 Laptop is losing time and date is 1 day behind since yesterday. 99% of the time it is plugged into the mains. Laptop is about 7 years old. Any suggestions please?

Advertisement