Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

I just hope the ref doesnt ruin what could be an exceptional final. Duneen is down to do it, and any time Ive seen him, he has been way too fond of the whistle for soft frees

Strange giving a Ballinagh man the job with a Ballinagh man over one of the teams.

Being from Ballinagh is the least of his issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

The O Connels started the last day. The Kiernans have links. Cousins played for club for years.

You’re clutching at straws if that is a link. I meant a proper link to playing with the club.

Castlerahan had 33 players last Sunday. There’s hardly a need to bring in these lads for numbers. McSweeney or Ennis didn’t stand out as exceptional players either.

I thought that crap of bringing in outsiders like the Gaels did with Lyng and Forde years ago had ended but it appears it is rearing it’s head again.

I actually heard some Ballyduff men in the stand at the first game talking about a good forward like Oisin allowing a Meath man to come in and take his spot and now I know what they meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭rrs

Ramor had 3 new additions this year. Niall Murphy from Mayo,Darren McGlauglin from Leitrim and Shane McInerney former Meath captain.
    2 of them were guards. Coming from west of Ireland Virginia is a good commute to working in places like Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Thunderbirds

rrs wrote: »
    Ramor had 3 new additions this year. Niall Murphy from Mayo,Darren McGlauglin from Leitrim and Shane McInerney former Meath captain.
    2 of them were guards. Coming from west of Ireland Virginia is a good commute to working in places like Dublin.

McInerney was there last year.

Cavan_King wrote: »
    You’re clutching at straws if that is a link. I meant a proper link to playing with the club.

Castlerahan had 33 players last Sunday. There’s hardly a need to bring in these lads for numbers. McSweeney or Ennis didn’t stand out as exceptional players either.

I thought that crap of bringing in outsiders like the Gaels did with Lyng and Forde years ago had ended but it appears it is rearing it’s head again.

I actually heard some Ballyduff men in the stand at the first game talking about a good forward like Oisin allowing a Meath man to come in and take his spot and now I know what they meant.

The Meath man doesn't play in Oisin's position so doubt that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Jaysus lads can we let them win it before we start the begrudgery !!!

The Meath man doesn't play in Oisin's position so doubt that happened.

He’s in the forwards and Oisin is in the forwards. Not all supporters get into the semantics of where exactly players play.

He’s in the forwards and Oisin is in the forwards. Not all supporters get into the semantics of where exactly players play.

Well Oisin was a sub last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Well done to Castlerahan on reaching the promised land 2-11 to C'lough 1-13. One if the better games played in a final. If the loch had won,Rahan Cudnt have any complaints either,magic 5 min that yielded 2-1 was the difference

Well done to Castlerahan on reaching the promised land 2-11 to C'lough 1-13. One if the better games played in a final. If the loch had won,Rahan Cudnt have any complaints either,magic 5 min that yielded 2-1 was the difference

It takes two teams to make a good final and Crosserlough definitely played their part.

Congratulations to Castlerahan. They showed nerves of steel today to come back from six points down.

Hopefully they enjoy the celebrations but regroup because with the squad they have they should be able to make a decent stab at Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Fair play to Castlerahan, no one could begrudge Mackey and Flanagan their medal at last.
    I thought Crosserlough played the better football for most of the game, was very impressed with how they moved the ball up the pitch. A bit of naievity and lack of experience after they scored their goal really cost them.
    As for Ulster i cant see Castlerahan doing much there.

tanko wrote: »
    Fair play to Castlerahan, no one could begrudge Mackey and Flanagan their medal at last.
    I thought Crosserlough played the better football for most of the game, was very impressed with how they moved the ball up the pitch. A bit of naievity and lack of experience after they scored their goal really cost them.
    As for Ulster i cant see Castlerahan doing much there.

Why so negative about their Ulster chances?

They are a team with two of the most consistent Cavan players of the last decade, backed up by plenty of younger talent.

I know they have the Derry champions but they are also a team with very little Ulster experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Cavan_King wrote:
    Why so negative about their Ulster chances?

Cavan_King wrote:
    They are a team with two of the most consistent Cavan players of the last decade, backed up by plenty of younger talent.

Cavan_King wrote:
    I know they have the Derry champions but they are also a team with very little Ulster experience.

He's not alone,33/1 in bookies 8/8,150 for AI:)

Great win for Mullahoran today who did it the hard way after letting in a last minute goal which meant there was extra time.

Best of luck to Castlerahan tomorrow.

Disappointing stuff from Castlerahan yesterday. I realize they had a lot of steam to let off but 8/9 days on the beer is a bit much when they had an Ulster Quarter Final on the horizon.

Interesting to see Keoghan is jumping ship with Martin Corry gone too. Be interesting to see who ends up in the driving seat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lump It In

This is complete nonsense, i wouldn't read into everything the media says. They were back training on the Friday night after the final. Home based players were back in the Gym on the Wednesday before that so you cant blame celebrations for the loss. I actually thought Castlerahan were every bit of a match for Coleraine, not a bit of luck went their way however with loosing key players and the sending off.

Lump It In wrote: »
    This is complete nonsense, i wouldn't read into everything the media says. They were back training on the Friday night after the final. Home based players were back in the Gym on the Wednesday before that so you cant blame celebrations for the loss. I actually thought Castlerahan were every bit of a match for Coleraine, not a bit of luck went their way however with loosing key players and the sending off.

Its obvious that the players had no interest in the Ulster club game. In the celt today Donal Keoghan said "i suppose i was disappointed maybe that we werent back training last weekend on Friday and Sunday"
    As for players being in the gym on the wednesday after the match i never knew theres a gym in the boars head in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lump It In

If you look at the facts you will see that both teams were in the Boars Head on the Tuesday night. No interest in Ulster Game??, it didn't look like that to anyone who was in Kingscourt. Were you even at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Lump It In wrote: »
    If you look at the facts you will see that both teams were in the Boars Head on the Tuesday night. No interest in Ulster Game??, it didn't look like that to anyone who was in Kingscourt. Were you even at the game.

Both teams, and Keogan. A few lads went on holidays. Keogan would still have had enough lads to train over the w/e but he chose not to. Effort wasnt lacking, everything went wrong....2 county players injured, and a ridiculous red card. Most club sides couldnt cope with that

Both teams, and Keogan. A few lads went on holidays. Keogan would still have had enough lads to train over the w/e but he chose not to. Effort wasnt lacking, everything went wrong....2 county players injured, and a ridiculous red card. Most club sides couldnt cope with that

One player went on holidays and changed his flight. They went to Boars Tuesday. Home based players trained Wednesday. Trained again Friday then and that was most players.

• Advertisement

One player went on holidays and changed his flight. They went to Boars Tuesday. Home based players trained Wednesday. Trained again Friday then and that was most players.

Their manager Keoghan is the one who gave an interview saying celebrations went on to long and he would have liked to get back training before last weekend. So is that lies as another poster asked above?

Their manager Keoghan is the one who gave an interview saying celebrations went on to long and he would have liked to get back training before last weekend. So is that lies as another poster asked above?

Maybe he went too mad on the celebrations.

Fair play to Mullahoran. They’re doing it the hard way but tremendous achievement to reach an Ulster Final.

Word is also positive from the Cavan Camp. Graham has allegedly called in up to 80 players for trials and the vast majority have accepted the invitation which is good to hear.

He even has some long term absentees like Jack Brady in which is great to see.

They were training on Sat & Sun mornings......from what I can see, the numbers are in or around 30.......only ones not in yet are any Mullahoran lads......Castlerahan lads, well those that are fit, are back already

A few Crosserlough lads that were asked in, not interested .

Paul Graham in, obviously his connection with Mickey helped, as he turned a few offers before. Good player.

Any word on Fergal Flanagan or David Givney?

Givney based in London so unlikely. Flangan finished his Masters so would be available. Though there is better backs in Club football. Cooney from Castlerahan and Paul Smith. O Connell from Ramor.

I think O Connell from Ramor was asked in, and didnt commit

I think O Connell from Ramor was asked in, and didnt commit

That's correct. Smith and Cooney also asked in but didn't go in.

• Advertisement

The change of manager hasn't steadied the ship of players declining..

Who is in from Crahan?

Advertisement