Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anyone know when the next round of interviews is?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Anyone from June 2018 interviews get an offer? I interviewed in June and have everything else done, waiting on clearance! Have decent sized family, all live in Ireland. I've only had two addresses, both in Ireland. I've no convictions or anything.

Has anyone heard any issues/refusals with vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Have you not got your medical either? Please god in the next few weeks.

Doing a bit of sprint training, mainly just trying to do the 600 meters in under 3 mins. I know it will be 15 meter dashes but I know a lad who’s in the college at the moment and he done the same.

Yeah I'm doing the same, 600 meter in under 3 min.

I got my medical and I've sent it in

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuckHuntMadra

If I could offer some advice, no lifting for a few days before. Lactic acid will make it feel like you have concrete in your thighs. Eat well and often, drink plenty of water and please work on your turns on the shuttles.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Any former PASO's (Prison Admin Support Officers) apply for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

farrelly90 wrote: »
    I’m low 200’s on OOM but still haven’t got date for medical. Anyone else waiting?

Im In the 160's and havent heard about medical yet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Im In the 160's and havent heard about medical yet

Hopefully we hear about it soon enough. Mad to just get it over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

So did a little experiment regarding the PCT.
    I wanted to compare the bleep test which is very similar running between two points 15 meters apart and requiring you to reach level 5.4 in 3 minutes:30seconds.
    Then I did the the PCT test 40 X 15 meter shuttles requiring you to achieve the same time of 3 minutes :30 seconds.
    My analysis is I think that the PCT test is slightly more difficult.

You get 7 seconds per shuttle run over 15 meters on the bleep test compares to 5 seconds per shuttle over 15 meters on the PCT .
    That is the reason why the PCT is slightly harder and on my calculations it probably works out at a few shuttles lees as well probably 35 compares to PCT 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1990siobhan

Hi, Just wondering has anyone in the 300's got called for interview yet??

Thanks
    Patiently waiting too see will i make the cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 StefanSage

Has anyone who received a verbal confirmation of the job offer received a contract yet? It seems like a full month has passed since the first PCT of 2018 campaign and the next class starts in early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Hi, Just wondering has anyone in the 300's got called for interview yet??

Thanks
    Patiently waiting too see will i make the cut

Hey, I’m in around the 370’s and haven’t been called yet if that’s help you! The wait is ridiculous. Garda campaign is moving much quicker than this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Warden13

Ah lads relax did my aptitude back in 2001, got called for interview in 2006. What's for you won't go by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SHANES1990

Best of luck to everyone doing there Pcts tomorrow in portlaoise 🙂 God knows Im gonna need it ðŸ·

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

SHANES1990 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone doing there Pcts tomorrow in portlaoise 🙂 God knows Im gonna need it ðŸ·

Best of luck

How did those of you who did the PCT today find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

For those waiting on interviews I contacted PAS and was told that next batch of interviews are to take place mid to late December but no dates confirmed yet so that would mean invitations to book for interview should be out by the end of this month start of next id say :)

How did the PCT go for the people who done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SHANES1990

All 22 of us passed on the last pct got those wondering.. just make sure you can run at a decent pace for 5+ mins straight for the toughest test and be able to turn quickly and run opposite direction. Best of luck

Congratulations to all who successfully passed the PCT. Have ye been given a contract offer now and start date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Loopy18

Has anybody from the 2018 campaign had an issue with BMI being over whilest being perfectly fit & healthy, enough to do the fitness test. If your over too much is it a fail or referral to CMO? Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

Loopy18 wrote: »
    Has anybody from the 2018 campaign had an issue with BMI being over whilest being perfectly fit & healthy, enough to do the fitness test. If your over too much is it a fail or referral to CMO? Tnx

I stand to be corrected but it can’t be the end of the line .. Ive heard of rugby players that had similar issues but I’m afraid I don’t know the exact process, I’d imagine they will contact you.I think there was reference to a cheater step test to see if your fit enough to partake in th Pct ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

If your bmi is over 30 you will need to attend the cmo and pass a step test.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuckHuntMadra

Loopy18 wrote: »

No not the end of the line at all, you will be asked to perform and extra test called a chapter step test. Which will highlight that you are fit and able. Good luck!

Check your emails,pct on dec 6th

Stephenwrx wrote: »

Can i ask are your from the june interview batch. Thanks

Hi is there anyone still waiting to hear when their medical is?

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Can i ask are your from the june interview batch. Thanks

No I did my interview in late July

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Well lad, just wondering roughly what your OOM is? Thanks

• Advertisement

No I did my interview in late July