Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

My back and legs are still not right from jumping and lepping and screaming like an idiot for all of Friday's gig :D

Reminder, not a teenager anymore.

Can I just say that Gloria is a million times better than All Because of You too, it was a disgrace that ABOY was seen as a fair swap for that on the odd nights!

I'm also at the point where I dislike City of Blinding Lights.

Elevation and Vertigo are pure trash but amazing fun live and always get the crowd going. I can't understand CoBL though.

The last 4 songs didn't work as a live spectacle, but overall, epic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Happy they played Dirty Day and Landlady on Saturday night.

I thought the sound was a bit muffled but its odd that the sound is great on YouTube videos of the same night. Must be my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Happy they played Dirty Day and Landlady on Saturday night.

I thought the sound was a bit muffled but its odd that the sound is great on YouTube videos of the same night. Must be my ears.

Here here!
    Couldn't agree more!

I was shocked at how poor the sound was at times. I just came to the conclusion that the arena is not compatible with the staging. It wasnt great standing in 2015 either! So glad I caught the show elsewhere and experienced it properly. I wont be back to the 3 arena, ****e sound has ruined too many potentially great gigs for me there! With gigs getting more and more expensive it's no longer worth the risk!

I thought the sound was brilliant on Friday, standing to the left side of the screen. But yeah, in the past it's been terrible in 3Arena. Seating seems much better for sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Here here!
    Couldn't agree more!

I was shocked at how poor the sound was at times. I just came to the conclusion that the arena is not compatible with the staging. It wasnt great standing in 2015 either! So glad I caught the show elsewhere and experienced it properly. I wont be back to the 3 arena, ****e sound has ruined too many potentially great gigs for me there! With gigs getting more and more expensive it's no longer worth the risk!

I was there 3 nights and found the sound to be very good quality Tuesday and Saturday.
    It was a little bit worse Friday but still good .
    The drums didn't drown out the vocals which were very clear .
    Normally thats a problem for rock gigs but it wasnt last week.
    I had no pain in my ears the following day .

The sound was miles better than the garbage in Croke park last year .
    Went to night 3 in Dublin, lowered expectations. Man, it blew me away. Bono was fresh with the 2 nights off before it, and wow did they perform. Crowd was brilliant where I was too.

Fridays crowd felt very flat to me ,they were certainly much better Tuesday and Saturday .
    Even Bono remarked on it at the end, "A Friday night that felt like a Tuesday" .
    There were alot more foreigners there Tuesday and Saturday ,which gave a better atmosphere .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Have always found the sound in 3arena to be spot on.

Fridays crowd felt very flat to me ,they were certainly much better Tuesday and Saturday .
    Even Bono remarked on it at the end, "A Friday night that felt like a Tuesday" .
    There were alot more foreigners there Tuesday and Saturday ,which gave a better atmosphere .

Dunno, didn't hear him say that, and honestly the crowd around us were the best I've had at a U2 gig since 05. Just luck on where you are these days. But I have videos of literally the whole right hand side of the standing area jumping and clapping, so it definitely wasn't just a little pocket where we were. Everyone singing along and just the basic noise of the crowd. Seemed waayyyy better than the videos I saw from the midweek shows. Saturday was as good if not better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Thought sound was grand Friday and Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Can I just say that Gloria is a million times better than All Because of You too, it was a disgrace that ABOY was seen as a fair swap for that on the odd nights!

Well then, since you like that song John..... You just might enjoy this (Hopefully anyway...:-))

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I was there 3 nights and found the sound to be very good quality Tuesday and Saturday.
    It was a little bit worse Friday but still good .
    The drums didn't drown out the vocals which were very clear .
    Normally thats a problem for rock gigs but it wasnt last week.
    I had no pain in my ears the following day .

The sound was miles better than the garbage in Croke park last year .

Atmos on Tues was better than Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

My back and legs are still not right from jumping and lepping and screaming like an idiot for all of Friday's gig :D

Reminder, not a teenager anymore.

I'm also at the point where I dislike City of Blinding Lights.

Elevation and Vertigo are pure trash but amazing fun live and always get the crowd going. I can't understand CoBL though.

The last 4 songs didn't work as a live spectacle, but overall, epic show.

I never understood why they put ABOY there. If they needed the change then why not 2 hearts beat as one for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    I never understood why they put ABOY there. If they needed the change then why not 2 hearts beat as one for example

Why not aboy?. I really enjoyed it. Also I get people criticising vertigo and elevation but they do really get the crowd going . They were the highlights for my daughter . They have to cater for everyone who paid their cash not just those of us who have been with them for decades.

It’s so bizarre. Out of control, anything but ABOY. It’s grand like, but not even in the top 60 U2 songs. Sucked the energy out of the room in Belfast whereas Gloria was the total opposite in Dublin.

I can only imagine it must be easy for Bono to sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Loved the 2 gigs - but on reflection, I loved them as they played a great mix of music. They were also seriously up for it (as always) , but you could see they knew they wanted to go out with a bang as the future is a bit uncertain.

Think it was mentioned above.

The Songs of Innocence album and idea was far better and resonated with me on a personal level too.

The stuff about his childhood - mother - the troubles , it worked. Then the use of the screen made more sense with the music.

Yes the quality of the of the screen this time is amazing - but last time , the stuff in the screen was fairly groundbreaking.

Met the old Bono lookalike in the Church - incredibly good. There was me thinking it was the real Bono , telling him how much I thought of him - a conversation I had practiced in my mind. Then , he turns to me and says (mate - I'm fake)

I like the Bono chats - but with the screens and changes - are they doing less songs these days ?

Couple of fairly poor songs from SOE played - but same with every U2 tour . they play poor enough songs from latest album .

Hello - get on your boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

My Christ- I forgot about 'get on your boots'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Larry was really into it

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Why not aboy?. I really enjoyed it. Also I get people criticising vertigo and elevation but they do really get the crowd going . They were the highlights for my daughter . They have to cater for everyone who paid their cash not just those of us who have been with them for decades.

I love vertigo & elevation too. I just think energy wise as good a song ABOY is there are those other songs that really get crowd going. I was so glad when I heard Gloria starting off.

I think it depends on how individuals connect to songs. Actung baby section a real treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Last few years I've taken to wearing earplugs at concerts and the difference is unreal. Cuts out all the feedback, static etc and you can hear everything so much clearer. And the big plus is no ringing in the ears after!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Here's a good performance from Edge for The Fly from Night 4 in Dublin..

Hope you enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Was at the Friday gig. They were as good as I've ever seen them. Felt more like a proper gig as opposed to the theatrical experience vibe at their 3 Arena gigs a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭riddles

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Was at the Friday gig. They were as good as I've ever seen them. Felt more like a proper gig as opposed to the theatrical experience vibe at their 3 Arena gigs a few years back.

A quite perfect summary.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

I love vertigo & elevation too. I just think energy wise as good a song ABOY is there are those other songs that really get crowd going. I was so glad when I heard Gloria starting off.

I think it depends on how individuals connect to songs. Actung baby section a real treat.

I was hoping for Red Flag Day, which they've done in that slot before. Maybe they thought there were too many SoE songs in already with Landlady being included too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Here's a good performance from Edge for The Fly from Night 4 in Dublin..

Hope you enjoy..

Nice video.

The Edge is definitely miming on it though .

I think the boys were using fairly heavy backing tracks last week and there were alot of sounds being produced that were coming from some other source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Nice video.

I think the boys were using fairly heavy backing tracks last week and there were alot of sounds being produced that were coming from some other source.

I Will Follow, Gloria, Vertigo, Elevation, Pride definitely had no backing tracks. Either did Horses, except for the start of it
    No different than any other tour really or most other bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

bclar12 wrote: »
    I Will Follow, Gloria, Vertigo, Elevation, Pride definitely had no backing tracks. Either did Horses, except for the start of it
    No different than any other tour really or most other bands.

If you consider Bad, they've been using them since 1984. The opening organ sound on Streets has been backing track for yonks and they've made no secret of the fact that Terry Lawless fills in some sounds from his "Terryworld" under the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Nice video.

A lot comes from Terry Lawless, their (very shy) live keyboardist under the stage...
    Edge's guitar tech Dallas plays on some songs from the side of the stage also...

Definitely some backing tracks but a lot more is actually played live than you'd expect...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Special T shirt for those in Berlin tonight... every gig they've played there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Berlin tonight.

That intro with the piano from Zooropa over it gives me chills every time I see it. Easily the best intro they've had since the Zoo TV tour.

Intro:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkJzkwkbgLxv

Dirty Day and Zoo Station:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1DXGyakNmVYGM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Berlin tonight.

That intro with the piano from Zooropa over it gives me chills every time I see it. Easily the best intro they've had since the Zoo TV tour.

Intro:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkJzkwkbgLxv

Dirty Day and Zoo Station:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1DXGyakNmVYGM

I was going to post this earlier. I get chills now everytime I put on Zooropa. I even went and watched The Great Dictator a few weeks ago- its hilarious! I didnt understand it as a kid.

The first time I saw the intro in Manchester I was in stunned. Then the Blackout. Im glad listening to Zooropa will be a nice reminder of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Watching Berlin live on this stream. Was there on Saturday and want to sort of relive it. Getting towards the last half an hour or so now.

https://www.facebook.com/U2UVBR/videos/525913801245598/

Advertisement