Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Skill Magill!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Awesome! I'm gonna have a spice burger and chips for lunch this week. BUT....the spice burger has to be deep fried to get the Chipper effect.:eek:

I always thought the chippers grilled them.
    Ever have a battered mars bar? I'm on the hunt for one in North County Dublin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You're chancing your arm but I'll accept.

Yay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Thanks everyone for the ideas about the chicken!

Dinner tonight was chicken fajitas, an idea courtesy of Seph last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Jaysus some amount of chicken eaten today. Had one myself. Legs and wings gone. Sandwiches with the breast later. Salt pepper butter on brown sliced pan. Pick the carcass for the dog.

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Skill Magill!

Cedar Tree on St. Andrew Street is a Lebanese restaurant.

The food is incredible and everything is always perfect. I can't praise the place enough.

The Schwarma is incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I always thought the chippers grilled them.
    Ever have a battered mars bar? I'm on the hunt for one in North County Dublin.

They put a little cut into it and lash it into the fryer. The cut is to stop it exploding. :D As a result it comes to you moist and crispy. Its just being reheated anyway. My Mam cooked them on the grill, but they never tasted the same as the chipper. Deep fry em!

The battered mars bar was a fairytale to me until I visited Glasgow 18 years ago. After a night of booze in a club, I was dragged to a joint that did this Scottish legend. I lined the stomach with a chicken curry and chips, then I hoovered up the battered mars bar.:D It was fooking lovely! Not sure I could do it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Battered mars bar. Do they sweeten the batter at all?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Big batch of lemony sweet potato and lentil soup made for the week.

In a couple of hours it will be the apron on, beer in hand and making a great Chili.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Doing stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon, with carrot and mangetout for Mrs S and sausage, bacon, white pudding, onions and potatoes for myself.

• Advertisement

This Chili has it all folks! You've seen it before in a snap. Hot or mild as you like. I've gone hot tonight. Mrs G, just had her's over rice. Sour cream and Mozzarella cheese on top. Its hot but you can get all the flavours goin on. I'm having mine later in a bowl, with an Irish twist on the side.......Chips.:D

Little G has roast chicken, mash and gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had a sandwich from the deli which was a disappointment and jambons for dinner.

Finishing off the Barn Brack with butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I had a mcd's around 9. stayed out of the house as long as possible.

northgirl wrote: »
    I had a mcd's around 9. stayed out of the house as long as possible.

Nuggets?

Nuggets?

Yeah. No interest in them anymore tbh. Craving some good food on a consistent basis :)

Got a McDonald's double cheeseburger on the way home from the bonfire. T'was good

Staying with some heat tonight. Chicken Madras, rice, naan bread and chutney. No pic of the dish this time as I've posted it before. But I've a pic of Mrs G's plate afterwards.:D

20181106_175117.jpg

Little G had a homemade burger and fries.

Penne pasta with mixed veg and a sundried tomato and jalapeno sauce.

Fishcakes, peas and white sauce were on the menu tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lemony tuna, spinach and olive spaghetti on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

chips beans and jumbo sausages here,could not be arsed to put on a proper dinner even though theres steak in the fridge.will have the steak tomorrow for dinner with potatoes vrg and a nice sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had a steak for dinner and wolfing milky ways and mini mars now.

I bought piri piri beef stir fry in the butchers today and made homemade chips and rice with it.. It was absolutely delicious nicest meal I've had in ages including eating out... The one downside is that we'd have done with more veg (just courgettes and onion AFAIK)and sauce, I can add my own veg next time but can I buy the sauce separate?

I bought piri piri beef stir fry in the butchers today and made homemade chips and rice with it.. It was absolutely delicious nicest meal I've had in ages including eating out... The one downside is that we'd have done with more veg (just courgettes and onion AFAIK)and sauce, I can add my own veg next time but can I buy the sauce separate?

Is that butcher in Cork? My memory's useless..

I'm ashamed to say tea and twixes. But it's been another day of it.

Is that butcher in Cork? My memory's useless..

Yes Delicious.

Yes Delicious.

Mind me asking which one? My dad would like that stir fry.

Mint choc chip ice cream

• Advertisement

I'm ashamed to say tea and twixes. But it's been another day of it.

Get a decent dinner into ya Northgirl!

Advertisement