Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Whispered wrote: »
    Lads I can't get full lately. I had nachos at about 5pm, a packet between 3 of us with several dips and just now I had patas bravas, a packet of crisps and a caramello. I'm gonna be 200 stone if I keep this up!

I'm the same, can't get full, I wonder is it a Winter thing, had lovely sweet and sour chicken and rice that I got in SuperValu earlier, then a lovely sponge/fairycake type bun that I got in the local coffee shop for dessert, that was only an hour ago and I'm hungry again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Glad I'm not the only one!! Trying to be good food wise but it's tough going! Seem to be thinking I'm hungry constantly. Also, the weather doesn't help!
    To satisfy my sweet tooth I'm currently having some Green & Blacks organic white chocolate. Yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Same here
    #fatasafool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

GoneHome wrote: »
    I'm the same, can't get full, I wonder is it a Winter thing, had lovely sweet and sour chicken and rice that I got in SuperValu earlier, then a lovely sponge/fairycake type bun that I got in the local coffee shop for dessert, that was only an hour ago and I'm hungry again now!

:eek: you just reminded me that I have cheesecake in the fridge.
    Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Ah stop now fellas ye are making me hungry with all this talk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Whispered wrote: »
    :eek: you just reminded me that I have cheesecake in the fridge.
    Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

It's good, cheesecake is always good, that and carrot cake, god I'd love a slice of carrot cake now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I can’t get the belly full these days either , I am after just binging on 2 curly wurly, 2 crunchies, lots of crackers, and 2 packs of cheese puffs. Gone in less than 10 mins . And I am nowhere near stopping ......,,,,,so much for the healthy eating 😰

molly09 wrote: »
    I can’t get the belly full these days either , I am after just binging on 2 curly wurly, 2 crunchies, lots of crackers, and 2 packs of cheese puffs. Gone in less than 10 mins . And I am nowhere near stopping ......,,,,,so much for the healthy eating ��

Oh dear molly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Cream crackers and butter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast chicken, carrots and baby potatoes for dinner today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Barrys and a Twix Multipack

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pork steak, roasties, mixed veg and gravy. Half a barn brack smothered in butter. A glass of milk. Gonna have a few early pints.

branie2 wrote: »
    Roast chicken, carrots and baby potatoes for dinner today.

I really want a roast chicken, but since it's just myself I'm cooking for, a chicken would be waaaay too big :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I really want a roast chicken, but since it's just myself I'm cooking for, a chicken would be waaaay too big :(

There's only one son and myself here , and he might only eat one slice of a roast chicken tbh , but I still cook it , have dinner , and then use the rest of the chicken for curries , etc .

Don't know if that's of any help to you !

You can portion it out and make it last three days inclusive. You just need storage containers and room in the fridge of course.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    There's only one son and myself here , and he might only eat one slice of a roast chicken tbh , but I still cook it , have dinner , and then use the rest of the chicken for curries , etc .

Don't know if that's of any help to you !

At home it's just me and mam and she still makes it.
    You can portion it out and make it last three days inclusive. You just need storage containers and room in the fridge of course.

I could, or I could freeze some of it and use it for pasta or fajitas or something. Hmm, I think I'll do that next weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Half a white roll!

Half a white roll!

Are you on strike? :P

Coffee and Halloween choc I picked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

/QUOTE]

Saving it for someone special perhaps? :D

northgirl wrote: »

/QUOTE]

He'll offer it for cuddles :)

• Advertisement

Doing baby potatoes and veg with steak burgers,there cooking as I type :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

/QUOTE]

He'll offer it for cuddles :)

Spot on ladies ;) , I was saving the ass of it for ye later 🤣😂😆

Spot on ladies ;) , I was saving the ass of it for ye later 🤣😂😆

A quarter of a roll won't cut it :pac:

A quarter of a roll won't cut it :pac:

What if I throw in a club bar too? :3

What if I throw in a club bar too? :3

You're chancing your arm but I'll accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

1. Buy decent chicken ( F/R or Org ) - may seem expensive but goes a long way :)
    2. Roast it. eat some
    3. Use leftover for lunches
    4. Make stock from carcass & use stock for home made soup.

I'm munching on a few home roasted almonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pork fillet, carrots, broccoli, celery and potatoes. Custard and stewed apples for dessert.

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Skill Magill!

I just had a Walsh's spice burger in a bun with two Connolly's rashers and two Halfner's sausages washed down with a cup of tea.

You got some great advice here about using it up afterwards and storing it. However if you have a decent butcher near you, a quarter chicken portion can be bought. I do it all the time. On the bone and under the skin. Breast and wing. Some come with stuffing or are marinaded in a garlic sauce. I don't buy meat in supermarkets, but I'm sure they have them pre-packed.

• Advertisement

I just had a Walsh's spice burger in a bun with two Connolly's rashers and two Halfner's sausages washed down with a cup of tea.

Awesome! I'm gonna have a spice burger and chips for lunch this week. BUT....the spice burger has to be deep fried to get the Chipper effect.:eek:

Advertisement