Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 year vintage/veteran NCT

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Silvera wrote: »
    I called into NCT HQ today in Citywest. Handed in my old NCT cert and disc and five minutes later had my new extended cert and disc. No hassle, no cost. My old cert was issued in October 2017.

For anybody calling there - I spotted a notice on the door stating that replacement Certificates will only be issued between these hours: 9am-12pm and 2pm-5pm.
    Planning to do this this week as I have 3 months and 5 days until my cert runs out and just realised that the car is registered to my old address so it's a hassle to do it by post! Did you need anything else apart from the cert&disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Has anyone exchanged a UK MOT for an NCT cert?

I'm collecting a car on Thursday which has a new MOT, be nice to just swap it for an NCT.
    I also presume the NCT is only valid until the expiry of the MOT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

commited wrote: »
    Planning to do this this week as I have 3 months and 5 days until my cert runs out and just realised that the car is registered to my old address so it's a hassle to do it by post! Did you need anything else apart from the cert&disc?

new discs were sent out to everyone with the appropriate age car, so yours will have gone to your old address.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Neilw wrote: »
    Has anyone exchanged a UK MOT for an NCT cert?

I'm collecting a car on Thursday which has a new MOT, be nice to just swap it for an NCT.
    I also presume the NCT is only valid until the expiry of the MOT?

No, but the info is here from the NCTS website (link to form in quote):
    16. My vehicle has a current EU Roadworthiness Certificate, do I need an NCT Certificate
    If you import a second hand vehicle from another EU Member State and the vehicle has a current EU Roadworthiness Certificate, you can have the unexpired portion of the certificate recognised by exchanging your out-of-state roadworthiness certificate for an Irish issued EU recognition certificate.

In order to obtain an EU recognition certificate for a private vehicle you must complete an Mutual Recognition Application Form and return the completed application form and required fee of €15.50 (this fee is being waived until further notice) with the original or a certified true copy of the out of state roadworthiness certificate (if the certificate is not in English, please ensure you provide a translation of the certificate in the English language) to the following postal address: Certificate Administrator, Applus Car Testing Service Ltd, Citywest Business Campus, Lakedrive 3026, Naas Road, Dublin 24, D24 RC8V.

The Irish issued EU recognition roadworthiness certificate will be issued by post to the current registered owner of the vehicle.

Further information on the importation of your vehicle can be found on the VRT section of this website and also by visiting Revenue

Advertisement