Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 year vintage/veteran NCT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Just heard of a chap with a T25 who passed his test in April, for 12 months.

He received a 2 year revised cert today for 2 years.

Just like i thought, recently tested vehicles get the revised cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i don't know if that will prove to be the case, hope not. I can't see how they could define "recently"

Its doubtful they will give a vehicle that was tested 9 months ago a free pass now.

Where as a vehicle tested 3 months ago, why not?

I believe this vehicle at least sets a recent date of all those in the last 2-3 months.

And mine says not as far as 11 months ago when the new rules came into force.

kadman wrote: »
    Its doubtful they will give a vehicle that was tested 9 months ago a free pass now.

Where as a vehicle tested 3 months ago, why not?

I believe this vehicle at least sets a recent date of all those in the last 2-3 months.

And mine says not as far as 11 months ago when the new rules came into force.

yes 3 months is recent but what about 3 months and one day? There'll always be someone aggrieved if they chose an arbitrary date,

Isambard wrote: »
    yes 3 months is recent but what about 3 months and one day? There'll always be someone aggrieved if they chose an arbitrary date,

Obviously there is a cut off point, good luck to you if you can find out what
    it is. I couldn,t, despite numerous e mails to CVRT.

Computer either says yes or no...............in my case its a no:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Mine was tested in October end last year, I just received the letter instructing me to send back paperwork for a new cert to be issued.

Mine was tested in October end last year, I just received the letter instructing me to send back paperwork for a new cert to be issued.

Thats great news for you.

So now we know its as far back as October at least.

Looking good maybe for you Isambard, its getting closer:)

Five days and counting for me, i think not:D

which is just what I've done and mines October.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

I noticed that NCT's now issue from the date of first registration in Ireland - as opposed to the first date of registration (i.e. Abroad)?!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

My 131 was tested last august & just got the amended cert until august 2019

• Advertisement

brilliant news.

I called into NCT HQ today in Citywest. Handed in my old NCT cert and disc and five minutes later had my new extended cert and disc. No hassle, no cost. My old cert was issued in October 2017.

For anybody calling there - I spotted a notice on the door stating that replacement Certificates will only be issued between these hours: 9am-12pm and 2pm-5pm.

Just getting my wagon ready for the test, somebody has to pay for all your
    freebie certs:D:D:D

Well done lads.:)

postpone it! look what I got today

19disc.jpg

Isambard wrote: »
    postpone it! look what I got today

Nice one:)
    I,m not holding my breath on getting one, but it will be another day or two before I book a test, so we will see.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Silvera wrote: »
    I called into NCT HQ today in Citywest. Handed in my old NCT cert and disc and five minutes later had my new extended cert and disc. No hassle, no cost. My old cert was issued in October 2017.

For anybody calling there - I spotted a notice on the door stating that replacement Certificates will only be issued between these hours: 9am-12pm and 2pm-5pm.

Do you know if all the centres are issuing updated certs? Or only just a few of them? Got my letter today and it says to post in the cert and disc but I'd prefer to drop into one of the centres if it was a simple case of getting a newly printed cert/disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

PauloMN wrote: »
    Do you know if all the centres are issuing updated certs? Or only just a few of them? Got my letter today and it says to post in the cert and disc but I'd prefer to drop into one of the centres if it was a simple case of getting a newly printed cert/disc.

None of the test centres are doing the exchange, It can only be done in Head office in Citywest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

welder wrote: »
    None of the test centres are doing the exchange, It can only be done in Head office in Citywest.

Thanks, will post it in so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Thanks, will post it in so.

I received mine on Friday, four days from posting in to receiving new cert.

I received mine on Friday, four days from posting in to receiving new cert.

Hopefully mine is as quick..... this is classic driving weather!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Hopefully mine is as quick..... this is classic driving weather!!! :)

Just keep the letter in the car for use if you are stopped.
    Also don't park it in a public place where you could get a ticket if the car is unattended.
    Get out in the fine weather:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,814 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Came back from my holidays yesterday to also find the card in the post. Will send the NCT cert + disk back to CityWest today :)

Applied for my test for tomorrow.
    I rang to confirm my appointment time, and the test centre says its not
    due for testing according to the system, as I have been given an extension due to its vintage status:D:D:D:D

So I asked him will it be sent to me automatically, he said it should be.
    Its all new to him, and he knew nothing about any declaration for non commercial use that I am supposed to sign:confused::confused:

So as I have a new cert pending, but now no current one to return
    as its expired since 19thJune, I have nothing to return:D

Looks like e mailing whoever grants the certs, RSA or CVRT??

Just to mention, the test appointment chap contacted the RSA on this prior to my contact
    and they advised him its not for testing

you don't have to send back the disc for the CVRT, they just send a new one. It will come in the next couple of days I'd say
    It's great news !

You don't need sign the form, I sent one in but it crossed in the post with the disc.

Looks like you were right Isambard,

It appears that every vintage vehicle with a current cvrt prior to May 20th
    gets an extended cert.

So I have an extra 100 euro to spend on beer tokens for me next outing:D

Postie brought my new CVRT cert, with the extra 12 months,,:cool:

New NCT cert received yesterday - couple of changes compared to the last one - the VIN is on it which was not present last time, and the testers initials also.

Another year sorted! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

I got a replacement one in the post this week too with the extra year!! Sweet!!

I also received an extended NCT cert for one of my classics.

Incidentally, this new 2-year test rule is a Europe-wide ruling, not just in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Silvera wrote: »
    Incidentally, this new 2-year test rule is a Europe-wide ruling, not just in Ireland.
    Doesn't every country have different rules, age requirements, criteria etc. about testing?

Advertisement