Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someone upstairs is walking really loudly or stamping on the floor or something, it's so annoying :rolleyes:

• Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Someone upstairs is walking really loudly or stamping on the floor or something, it's so annoying :rolleyes:

beat the ceiling with a sweeping brush. Alternatively beat the source of the sound with one. :pac:

beat the ceiling with a sweeping brush. Alternatively beat the source of the sound with one. :pac:

The latter sounds good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

Pulled my calf muscle twice so im limping, my screws and plate in my other leg are hurting like mad due to the cold and my glasses broke and i have to wait till wednesday to get them fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Told you before Kitty. She has someone up there. Let her enjoy her horizontal workout!
    My TA is I can't stop picking a scab where my very naughty cat scraped me.
    It's almost healed but I couldn't resist.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That I have to work over night on New Year's Eve, which is my birthday, for the second time in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Having a little crush on someone. Annoying because I have a bf who I'm crazy about so I feel slightly guilty. Obviously I have no intention of acting on it, but damn, he cute :o

Ah sure having a little crush is normal, it doesn't mean anything, just that you're human. Anyone in a relationship who claims to not have the occasional crush is lying. Obviously the important part is your unwillingness to act on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Drama, 40 year old men acting like 5 year old, just **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Woke up with the sniffles. Have to get up and make myself human before going to a family lunch. Ugh. It's very trivial but annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Made soup for the little one, went to wipe some breadcrumbs off the hob and burned my fingers...

"What's cooking in the kitchen Mookie"?

"Me"!! Fml

• Advertisement

Was in Béal Feirste last week and the feckers have decided that they won't accept all the Queen's shillings that I have in the form of £1 coins. Is there no eejit that I can pass them off on as payment for something or other?

(This is worse than those currency debasements back in the early 17th century when the English crown removed all the actual silver from the coins- 'sterling silver' used to mean 92.5% of the coins were actual airgead/silver) - even then they could be worth something, this is a 100% loss in value!)

Was in Béal Feirste last week and the feckers have decided that they won't accept all the Queen's shillings that I have in the form of £1 coins. Is there no eejit that I can pass them off on as payment for something or other?

(This is worse than those currency debasements back in the early 17th century when the English crown removed all the actual silver from the coins- 'sterling silver' used to mean 92.5% of the coins were actual airgead/silver) - even then they could be worth something, this is a 100% loss in value!)

From memory, I think they changed it a while back, brought in new £1 coins and the old ones all went out of circulation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I just prepared 2 nice bowls of mixed nuts and chocolate granola for myself and the other half only for us to take a spoonful each and realise the milk was sour :(

Also, I'm sick to death of cleaning dirty dishes and doing laundry. It seems like an endless task.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Round £1 coins not legal tender since Oct 15 2017, but possibly able to deposit into a bank, maybe if you have an account.

edit:Just looked and I have 19 of them....:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I don't mean to go on and on about Laura Whitmore, but I see the idiots at MTV are still giving her work. She should be on North Korean television, she's so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

"Christmas eve boxes" - when did they become a 'thing'?

Have just seen a friend post on Facebook that's she's "Delighted now that I've all the stuff sorted for the Xmas Eve boxes" - complete with photos of pyjamas, DVD, socks and sweets.

Oh, and it's the start of November!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The relentless pitter of rain and my car windscreen wipers are only working intermittently so I can't go far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Time to buy a water softener sick of getting scalded/frozen to death within a nano second in the shower:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

No idea where I'll be at Christmas. Would love to go away but can't afford it.

Won't be buying for family this year but I have to get some very wonderful people some tokens of sincere appreciation.

One of them is very well off and finding it really hard to think what she'd like..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

northgirl wrote: »
    No idea where I'll be at Christmas. Would love to go away but can't afford it.

Won't be buying for family this year but I have to get some very wonderful people some tokens of sincere appreciation.

One of them is very well off and finding it really hard to think what she'd like..

How about some Newbridge silver Christmas tree decorations ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Finished watching Sabrina on Netflix... Ta'd that I have to figure out what I should watch now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The GAA, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bought two lovely snuggly warm chenille jumpers in New Look . My navy trousers are now permanently covered in fluff from them . Washed them twice and still fluff everywhere

TG1 wrote: »
    Finished watching Sabrina on Netflix... Ta'd that I have to figure out what I should watch now

TA with finishing series. Watched 1 episode of Sabrina and switched to House of Cards.

Would you recommend Sabrina?

I'm gutted the Haunting of Hill House is over. Nothing will come close.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dropped down to 6th/11th from 4th in my FF league, that's what captain fail can do to ya *cross face*, its all gone pete thong the last couple of weeks :pac:

Dropped down to 6th/11th from 4th in my FF league, that's what captain fail can do to ya *cross face*, its all gone pete thong the last couple of weeks :pac:

No idea what FF is or what it means :pac:

I feel weird. My head's cold but clammy like a cold sweat wtf :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

northgirl wrote: »
    No idea what FF is or what it means :pac:

Fianna Fail or Fantasy Football. It depends on your demographic :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fantasy Football. :)

Northgirl, you're either coming down with something, or you're in luuuuurve. The symptoms are uncannily similar.

New Home wrote: »
    Fantasy Football. :)

Thanking you.. Guessed it wasn't Fianna Fáil anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig beat me to it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement