Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Fantasy Premier League Jumpers for Goalposts thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Do it. Thats what im doing anyways was half thinking of going auba but seeing as he is "sick" and laca only played a few mins tonight he shoild start. Id have been worried if he had started.

Poor old Pter will be on here now giving out to us about trying to profit on his beloved Fulham's woe :P

Yeah I'll probably take the hit I think it'll be worth it. Then again... Hazard vs Southampton...

Necrominus wrote: »
    Poor old Pter will be on here now giving out to us about trying to profit on his beloved Fulham's woe :P

Yeah I'll probably take the hit I think it'll be worth it. Then again... Hazard vs Southampton...

Maybe if they could defend a little we wouldnt be at them :P

Fulham are 2nd highest in shots conceeded this year and highest ranked in expected goals against them.

In shurle and mitrovic they have great players but they arent overly quick and Arsenal like to press high up the pitch so we could see a lot of the game played in fulhams half.

They have conceeded 4 goals this season from turned over possessions and i watched a few highlights of there games earlier in the week they are very open on counter attacks.

Hope Laca is on penos as i could see them giving away one.

Didnt look Too much into the chelsea game but they do give up the most headed chances in the box so good news for giroud owners

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Fulham are a champo team. It's to be expected. You don't see me with Fulham defenders in my team.

Pter wrote: »
    Fulham are a champo team. It's to be expected. You don't see me with Fulham defenders in my team.

We weren't having a go petey :D just trying to work out the best captaincy pick

Ted Knutson the xg stat guy picked ye to go well tbf and he is still holding out hope for ye in that your managers teams tend to start slow and build into the season.

Ted Knutson the xg stat guy picked ye to go well tbf and he is still holding out hope for ye in that your managers teams tend to start slow and build into the season.

That's what I'm counting on. Long season otherwise :)

• Advertisement

Gameweek 8 Deadline:
    05 Oct 19:00

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Best week for me yet, great call on Laca, Mick. Kept captaincy on Hazard though which worked out well too :)

Best week for me yet, great call on Laca, Mick. Kept captaincy on Hazard though which worked out well too :)

I think once the bonus pints are added Ive had a decent week took a minus 8 which was a pretty much a fail given the Ederson CS.

And Hazard was the right choice over Laca if you had both, well done on that dude. God dam Unai taking of Laca and he on a hatrick :mad:

I think once the bonus pints are added Ive had a decent week took a minus 8 which was a pretty much a fail given the Ederson CS.

And Hazard was the right choice over Laca if you had both, well done on that dude. God dam Unai taking of Laca and he on a hatrick :mad:

I know, I only made the change from Lukaku to Lacazette late enough Friday. I'm miserly as hell giving up points for transfers but it worked well thankfully this time.

Had Wilson too who's a great points getter for good value. My faith in Perreira for Leicester finally paid off with a goal too :)

Have to remind myself now the international break is on now so not to spunk a transfer too early, injuries could play **** with the squads now :/

Ooh bonus points are added :eek:

84 total - 4 for two transfers, very happy with that :D

• Advertisement

I know, I only made the change from Lukaku to Lacazette late enough Friday. I'm miserly as hell giving up points for transfers but it worked well thankfully this time.

Had Wilson too who's a great points getter for good value. My faith in Perreira for Leicester finally paid off with a goal too :)

Have to remind myself now the international break is on now so not to spunk a transfer too early, injuries could play **** with the squads now :/

I've already a -4 planned for the weeks after so I'll probably end up taking a -36 by the time it comes around. :pac:

Im probably doing way too much gambling in this but its more fun this way at least.

Bournemouth look like they could score heavily this season knocking lots of goals but its hard to go with more then one of them. Wilson was superb this weekend.

Ooh bonus points are added :eek:

84 total - 4 for two transfers, very happy with that :D

Thats excellent as I don't think scoring was overly high this week so your GW rank should be very high.

81 -8 here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I’m still waiting on salah to justify my keeping him in the team!

osh wrote: »

Depending on any injuries over the international break I'm considering dumping Mane myself tbh.

Well I have both. And been tempted to get rid. But they do have a nice run after the break so I’ve stuck with them this far....

osh wrote: »

If you held him this long you might as well keep him for Huddersfield, Cardiff and Arsenal.

Im getting for the first time after the internationals (injuries permiting)

Oh absolutely. Not planning on selling now. Just would like him to get more points :D

So Mane dumped for Raheem. Out this weekend and just decided to get rid.

Considering a second switch but not sure if I really need to or not this week, quite happy with my team at this point.

Holding tough so far I was going to make changes to get Salah in but with some injury worries for him and half the Liverpool team seemingly I think I'm actually going to bank and see.

Not overly happy with the team for the current game im be pretty happy with 50-60 points

2 changes. Siggy & Doherty in. Ozil and Holebas out.

There is some serious deadwood in my team. Dont know how they snuck in there suddenly :P

• Advertisement

:( Not a good week so far for me. Sterling didn't even play so hopefully Lacazette does the business for me Monday. Eggs firmly in one basket. 8 points on the bloody bench as well. Still have maybe 4 players left to play but not holding out much hope for a decent score.

I'm writing this season off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

What happens if a player doesn’t play?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Your first eligable sub will take his place at the end of the game week.

Would it be a terrible idea to give the captaincy to Callum Wilson this week coming up against Fulham? (sorry Pter)

Considering taking a risk on it

Would it be a terrible idea to give the captaincy to Callum Wilson this week coming up against Fulham? (sorry Pter)

In theory this is a really bad match up for Fulham, Bouremouth love to counter in numbers and all there players are very quick and Fulham have been awful at getting caught on the counter this season.

Wilson expected goal or assist per 90 is .86, so if Bouremouth score he is likely to be involved

This game is the bookies 2nd favorite to have the most goals after the liverpools game in this round

All in all I think he is a good shout

Ozil and Mane in - Sterling and Moura out.

Taking a risk with Ozil as he's hit and miss for points but I think with him being rested midweek and his performance against Leicester he's worth the gamble.
    Taking a -4 to get Mane in but he hit the net as well midweek so Cardiff could feel a lot of pain. Would have preferred Salah but I don't have the coin to get him in :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Did you take the risk? Good shout if you did.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Did you take the risk? Good shout if you did.

I sure did :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Barkley and Wilson in, might be jumping on the bandwagon a little late. For their prices it looks a no brainer.

Advertisement