Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Fantasy Premier League Jumpers for Goalposts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This weeks top 4 bench teams

NRVs'R'Us 11

KOP ON 11

Kitten's Krew 10

Gone By November FC 9

Thats the only table I'll be near the top of this season :(

So you have 1.9 in the bank

Rash to Inaceho get a mil extra 2.9

Trippier to a 4 mil defender gets you to 4.9

And selling Aruntivic for 7 brings you to 11.9

Which gives you enough for Augero and .8 in the bank

Or you can do a 4.5 defender and have . 4 in the bank

And then you'd have to sub out Inneacho the week after I think that works

If you dont want to spend on transfers

Jesus Christ MJ, thanks very much. You are very into this, and it is contagious. I hope this helps my interest last beyond the first few months, for the first time in years :D

This weeks top 4 bench teams

NRVs'R'Us 11

KOP ON 11

Kitten's Krew 10

Gone By November FC 9

Major improvement for me on GW1 where I left something like 21 points on the bench.

GW1, I just entered FF and bought my squad, but forgot to return and set the team up properly before the weekend deadline. Hence all the points on the bench. By default, FF set my team to 4-4-2, leaving Kante on the bench in place of Schindler in defence (£4.5m Cardiff defender:pac:), it put Fanianski in goal over Alisson...just no.

This week's 9 points on the bench though, they were from intentionally benched players. Stephen Duffy got most of those 9 points with his goal against United. I don't think he'll be picking up those points every week.

Just for the craic...

What was the inspiration for my team name?

1) United's title challenge.
    2) Jose.
    3) My participation in fantasy football.
    4) All of the above.

Its my first year playing since I've been in collage I'd say or been a while but I get into things and then not although I reckon I'll keep it up to some degree I'm still here after a bad week last week at least :D

I reckon it's number 3 although it could easily be 4 :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Refuse to take a 4 point hit.

Tarkowski in - Lascelles out.

Micki Ryan to the starting team, both Wolves lads on the bench.

That's all I'm doing. Aubemayang has to score at some point.... right?

I took vardy straight out of my team after his red card but took a minus 4 to take out one of my non starters.

Since then Ive had 2 more injuries and another red card (1g suspension)

So had to take -12 more to get 11 on the pitch and now shaw looks like being injured.

If I had waited and it was all like that now I'd have wild carded but kept making moves as thing came up so just had to keep digging.

The way I looked at it was no move you get 0 in that position you take a -4, the player gets 4 points you break even and anything above is profit but even getting 2 or 3 and a sub you like in instead isn't bad.

Seems better then only fielding 6 players but I should have just wildcarded sigh bad week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You can wildcard now having made those moves and it will erase the -12

Pter wrote: »
    You can wildcard now having made those moves and it will erase the -12

Can I? must read up on this Im such a newb :D

Just used my wildcard. Needed wholesale changes after the disastrous start any didn't want to leave it another few weeks and risk falling too far behind.

Doesn't mean I'll do any better this week but I'm happier with the team i have now.

Any tips on who to cpt this week? I'm thinking Mane.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote:

Against Brighton? Dunno they're world beaters at the mo :pac:

Necrominus wrote: »

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH :pac:

• Advertisement

They are terrible away from home, plus it's Liverpool, it's like comparing chalk and cheese :pac:

Kolido wrote: »
    Just used my wildcard. Needed wholesale changes after the disastrous start any didn't want to leave it another few weeks and risk falling too far behind.

Doesn't mean I'll do any better this week but I'm happier with the team i have now.

Tinkering around now with the team now that I can wildcard and not cost myself transfer points (cheer pete)

Bookies have Liverpool favorites at 1.22 to score 2 or more goals compared to Citys 1.33 and Arsenal 1.33 (mainly)

Me I'm most likely going with Aubewinge as I think he is the best finisher in the league and he is also on penos (i think)

Its my first year playing since I've been in collage I'd say or been a while but I get into things and then not although I reckon I'll keep it up to some degree I'm still here after a bad week last week at least :D

I reckon it's number 3 although it could easily be 4 :o

I'd say this thread will definitely help keep my interest going longer than usual. Hopefully we'll all keep each other interested in it.

As for my team name, I would like to say it's only '3' but at the time of naming I was feeling very pessimistic and it was quite possibly all 4 :/ Sure we'll see after this weekend, If United drop more points against Spurs, that's a title challenge gone IMHO. City are going to be relentless again this season, dropped points will be rare for them :(

Refuse to take a 4 point hit.

Tarkowski in - Lascelles out.

Micki Ryan to the starting team, both Wolves lads on the bench.

That's all I'm doing. Aubemayang has to score at some point.... right?

Ah yes, I'm familiar with this effect, it's also known as The Rashford Dilemma or Alexis' Basilisk.

Full disclosure I've moved off aguero as captain.

bluff :P or a double bluff :pac: or maybe a triple bluff :eek:

Pter wrote:

Feeling a happy Salahday against Brighton? :pac:

I still havent clicked the WC button yet but I think I'm set although I have gone back and forth over a few players and weather to play 343 or 352 currently on 352.

Aubam will be my captain come the weekend any which way.

Feeling a happy Salahday against Brighton? :pac:

Both are likely to score. I dont think its likely Aguero will get another hat trick.

But Salah will benefit if Pool get a clean sheet......

Who knows what could happen really but i think Salah is a slightly better bet.

Pter wrote:

I happen to agree :)

Both are likely to score. I dont think its likely Aguero will get another hat trick.

But Salah will benefit if Pool get a clean sheet......

Ya Liverpool could keep a lot of clean sheets this season, good shout on that actually on the extra point, plus Salah gets lots of assists even when he aint scoring

• Advertisement

Upset on the cards at wolves

Pter wrote:
    Upset on the cards at wolves

Looking like a low scoring week in general so far.

Ah ffs. Richarlison

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah ffs. Richarlison

Took the hit to Add him in this week. What a disaster :(

Lord TSC wrote:
    Took the hit to Add him in this week. What a disaster

Ditto

Yay Zaha!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yay Zaha!

Was thinking of pulling him this week coming too :pac:

Jaysus, I'm down to 6th, 60 points behind 1st. Literally in last place for this week too :eek:

Really, really need Captain Lukaku and Vice Pogba to play well tomorrow.

Oh glorious goals.

Tarkowski, and 2 from Mitrovic. :D

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :pac:

• Advertisement

Ditto. Assist from Cairney too.

Advertisement