Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House for life for 55 euro a week.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Off to the social welfare office you go so and dont forget to register as homeless too. You'll be on the pigs back in no time. A real winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The carousel begins...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Ah you won't get much support on here....seems to be a lot of scroungers around
    For what it's worth, agree with you. It's not people who need help from time to time it's the put nothing in ever, get everything free forever brigade that books my blood.
    Anyways another scrounger should be along any second with a scarcastic remark to try to quieten your valid point.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Off to the social welfare office you go so and dont forget to register as homeless too. You'll be on the pigs back in no time. A real winner.

Agreed.

Plenty of time off.
    Cheap rent.
    Free money.
    Subsidised healthcare.
    Etc.

Winner winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Why should the children get these homes in succession? That's madness...sure why would they try better themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Not a life I want or desire. But I dont begrudge those that need it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Why should the children get these homes in succession? That's madness...sure why would they try better themselves...
    They don't..... Working is not seen as bettering yourself, and most will just follow in parents footsteps. Generational scrounging, it's alive and thriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Agreed.

Plenty of time off.
    Cheap rent.
    Free money.
    Subsidised healthcare.
    Etc.

Winner winner.

Sitting in work now thinking why am I here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

That’s the bit I don’t get.

Plus I thought if you present as homeless you can’t jump the q for a social house?!!

More lies form the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How much can someone on welfare pay for a house?
    They'll probably pay for themselves in forty odd years anyway with inflation if they're just recovering the building cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

stevek93 wrote: »
    Sitting in work now thinking why am I here :confused:

Youre on the internet I wouldnt worry too much

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Agreed.

Plenty of time off.
    Cheap rent.
    Free money.
    Subsidised healthcare.
    Etc.

Winner winner.

Its not though, most of these poxbottles will never get to step foot out of Ireland. I cant imagine not having a couple of holidays a year or having money there to do whatever with.Despite what you may think, the free house, dole life is no life at all its a sorry existence. I wouldnt swap places.

PapaOscar wrote: »
    Its not though, most these poxbottles will never get to step foot out of Ireland. I cant imagine not having a couple of holidays a year or having money there to do whatever with.Despite what you may think, the free house, dole life is no life at all its a sorry existence. I wouldnt swap places.

No Proseco darling. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

PapaOscar wrote: »
    Its not though, most of these poxbottles will never get to step foot out of Ireland. I cant imagine not having a couple of holidays a year or having money there to do whatever with.Despite what you may think, the free house, dole life is no life at all its a sorry existence. I wouldnt swap places.

Most of the working class don’t have there couple of holidays a year or surplus money sitting around.

Most are living week to week paying thousands a month to rent and working 40+ hours a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

kneemos wrote: »
    How much can someone on welfare pay for a house?
    They'll probably pay for themselves in forty odd years anyway with inflation if they're just recovering the building cost.

I doubt they cover the interest on the cost to build

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

Slanty wrote: »
    Most of the working class don’t have there couple of holidays a year or surplus money sitting around.

Most are living week to week paying thousands a month to rent and working 40+ hours a week.

Define working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can there just be a dole hatred megathread be set up at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Wheeliebin30 the cheapest I’ve heard of someone paying is €23 a week, that’s for a 4 bed semi

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Envying people who live in council estates

Never thought I would see the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭LeBash

We do need social houses. There are people who genuinely are living in hotels and on the street.

The 1 annoying thing about it is, people working in Dublin (I'm sure other cities are similar) end up having to move 50+ km away from where they work because they can't afford to compete with their own tax money.

If someone is in need of social housing and isn't working, then they don't need to be inside the M50 or even Dublin. The person contributing to the social housing ends up with a 3 hour commute each day. That's just plain wrong.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can there just be a dole hatred megathread be set up at this stage.

Put it beside the Judges are out of touch thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

LeBash wrote: »
    We do need social houses. There are people who genuinely are living in hotels and on the street.

The 1 annoying thing about it is, people working in Dublin (I'm sure other cities are similar) end up having to move 50+ km away from where they work because they can't afford to compete with their own tax money.

If someone is in need of social housing and isn't working, then they don't need to be inside the M50 or even Dublin. The person contributing to the social housing ends up with a 3 hour commute each day. That's just plain wrong.

Or, put more industry in rural areas.

Envying people who live in council estates

Never thought I would see the day

Grew up in what was a council house in Dublin, parents bought it before having me though. Thing ya with council estates is anti social behaviour is higher than that of private estates. There have been objections from private estates where the council have tried to buy up houses on the market. But yes in the majority it seems those playing the system to the max are better off than those who work.

LeBash wrote: »

Would yiz ever think of poor Maggie wanting her 4eva home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Grew up in what was a council house in Dublin, parents bought it before having me though. Thing ya with council estates is anti social behaviour is higher than that of private estates. There have been objections from private estates where the council have tried to buy up houses on the market. But yes in the majority it seems those playing the system to the max are better off than those who work.

So the begrudgery in this thread is actually people kicking themselves that they're not clever/capable/crafty enough to "play the system to the max", and therefore have less quality of life than those on benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

engiweirdo wrote: »

It's not so much switch your lifestyle over night your on a winner. More growing up in that life and planing your future acorfing to that reality collage pass work pass as soon as old anuff on the houseing list that a baby means x amount of points and increase in benifits and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kneemos wrote: »
    Put it beside the Judges are out of touch thread.

Free complimentary pitchfork or torch when you post*

*while stocks last.

screamer wrote: »
    Ah you won't get much support on here....seems to be a lot of scroungers around

Well, that's a lie.

If you are talking of boards.ie of 2001, you may have a point, but boards has and is being taken over by a right wing mentality.

Most contentious threads will have 2/3 people defending a liberal viewpoint, while the majority of the rest will be attacking it.

You may say that is representative of Irish Society, but that is blatantly untrue. Look at the boards exit poll of the recent presidential election. https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057923419

Boards has changed from its nice, socially conscious internet forum, to something much worse. But it is a window into how a minority think.

Shenshen wrote: »
    So the begrudgery in this thread is actually people kicking themselves that they're not clever/capable/crafty enough to "play the system to the max", and therefore have less quality of life than those on benefits?

Sadly for some that could be described as the case yes. My eyes were only really opened to it all when it was published what ms cash can/is taking in from the state. It really is a lifestyle choice for some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

screamer wrote:
    Ah you won't get much support on here....seems to be a lot of scroungers around For what it's worth, agree with you. It's not people who need help from time to time it's the put nothing in ever, get everything free forever brigade that books my blood. Anyways another scrounger should be along any second with a scarcastic remark to try to quieten your valid point.....

You are literally giving out that the thread isn't an echo chamber.

Advertisement