Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I notice the Tucson has a 172 plate has it being parked up untill now or is it just brought in for the new paint job

Won't be much use for towing or any off road.

Towing cars? We don't do that. The most that is towed is a horsebox or a couple of motorbikes. Same for off road, we don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Towing cars? We don't do that. The most that is towed is a horsebox or a couple of motorbikes. Same for off road, we don't do it.

As in if a car needs to be moved to safety I've seen it done.

And yes ive seen off roading when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭flazio

And a speed boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Most likely motorway patrol vehicles to replace the d-max.

They are replacing Hyundai I40s for RPU they are 2l 180 bph.

• Advertisement

roadmaster wrote: »
    I notice the Tucson has a 172 plate has it being parked up untill now or is it just brought in for the new paint job

It’s being trial car from Hyundai went to AGS and NAS now Gardas bought it

AGS new tender notes this in lot 4 so more on the way.

NAS also are getting these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Quick random question folks, Can ANPR systems be mounted on a motor bike and if so, has anyone a link to a picture of it? Thanks in advance
    EireGun wrote: »
    I haven't heard of it or seen it before (as in "mounted on a motor bike"), although I'm sure it's possible and been done somewhere. Closest I've seen online is a stationary motorbike plugged into a stationary ANPR camera in the UK... http://www.flickr.com/photos/humbersidepolicepics/8027072602/
    infacteh wrote: »
    There's quite a bit of computer equipment that comes with ANPR, I wouldn't imagine there would be enough room left on a bike after you allow for the radio and sirens/blue lights!

I'd like to correct myself here, ANPR is currently being trialed on a BMW 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Do the tech guys not know how loud a siren is supposed to be? The 530 estate was nearly on top of me yesterday before I heard the siren. So this is the same issue as on the Q7's.

Do the tech guys not know how loud a siren is supposed to be? The 530 estate was nearly on top of me yesterday before I heard the siren. So this is the same issue as on the Q7's.

Yes the sirens are a disgrace.

I've emailed a complaint and more should do the same.

Also send a complaint about the i30 and i40 unmarked vehicles as the blue lights can't be seen from behind and also they are a huge step back from previous set ups where lights were fitted on the side front bumper.

They should really be lit proberly when needed.

I've seen some i40s with lights in the window which is a step up from just in the indicators which as you say are next to useless.

Remember 3 or 4 years ago the Gardaí brought in (nice looking) silver vehicles. Are any still in use?

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    I've seen some i40s with lights in the window which is a step up from just in the indicators which as you say are next to useless.

Remember 3 or 4 years ago the Gardaí brought in (nice looking) silver vehicles. Are any still in use?

Since I complained there are a good few from 2017 on have the red/blue combo.

Since I complained there are a good few from 2017 on have the red/blue combo.

Traffic units had them retrofitted. The problem with them is they are overt. No point putting them on units that don't want to stick out as much.

Traffic units had them retrofitted. The problem with them is they are overt. No point putting them on units that don't want to stick out as much.

That's right but more have now also.

If one is at the rear the lights can't be seen but walk to the side of the car and they can.

Terrible set up and plenty of ways of hiding them

Them cars stand out a mile anyway.

Fit rear lights in the headrests just like the UK police.

Use to be an old Corsa going around rathfarnham just like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

The black Skoda Superb they have has a great lighting set up as does the ST Focus. And there LEDs are very discreet so it can be done.

The black Skoda Superb they have has a great lighting set up as does the ST Focus. And there LEDs are very discreet so it can be done.

Proper order....

Look at the USA the unmarked units have more lights then the marked units.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

And 190 BHP.....not bad at all. Plus it's not even the base model! Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Where was this pic taken? Looks a lovely machine, nice change from all the Hyundais anyway

Where was this pic taken? Looks a lovely machine, nice change from all the Hyundais anyway

Looks like the entrance to Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Yeah it was at Mountjoy. Seen it a few times that day actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I regularly see a Skoda on the kylemore road with an extremely loud siren and a different pulse to the regular vehicles.

• Advertisement

On the point of the old mondeos been used, yes there are still a few floating about.

Mainly 2007 and focus also still about.

They are a much better machine then what replaced them.

California dreamer hope that helps....

On the point of the old mondeos been used, yes there are still a few floating about.

Ah yeh was just curious. Saw one of the old Volvo estates there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Perhaps a question for a thread on it's own, but what happened to the Traffic Corps? I'm seeing cars with Roads Policing on it now. Very UK-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Perhaps a question for a thread on it's own, but what happened to the Traffic Corps? I'm seeing cars with Roads Policing on it now. Very UK-esque

A cynic could say with the whole penalty point issue a rebrand was done. Any issues in the past was the traffic corps nothing to do with the new road policing unit. Is it still the same numbers in this unit? I drive a lot for work i have being stoped once in the last 5 years at a checkpoint and that was by the ERU with plain clothes gardai at kikshane cross in dublin for 2 seconds be for being waved on. On less they invest in numbers in the new traffic corps its only for show.

Mycroft H wrote: »

Traffic Corp was going to be renamed, the penalty point issue sped it up. They've taken more members in but still nowhere near their highest numbers.

That’s the old white mondeo College car it’s attached to RPU cork city

That 2009 Volvo XC70 is spare car for ASU southern region in use at moment due to one the Q7 is off the run getting fixed after being rammed

Interesting livery.
    Still has blue lights though so technically still an emergency vehicle.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1939777876061792&id=191821677524096

Anybody know anything about the Disco? On trial?

Speaking of which I saw a previous model Discovery in use with the Coast Guard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Anybody know anything about the Disco? On trial?

Speaking of which I saw a previous model Discovery in use with the Coast Guard.

With the way JLR sales have collapsed including a full factory shut down for 2 weeks , I'd say there's great fleet deals to be got on Landrovers , it's a pity the maintenance costs would clean out the savings in the budget double quick.

Advertisement