Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I see the latest batch of i40 have new red/blue combo in rear windows now.

I sent a complaint in about how poor the rear lights were when on as you couldn't see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

source wrote: »

Hopefully the sirens will be better than the Q7's!

They are quite poor.

I find one of the best sirens here were the Mondeo and the ones fitted to the transit connects.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Ditto this, one of the Q7's went past me at the junction of the Ratharnham Road and Dodder Park Road at around 7am, the sirens were awful! Even as it went through the junction which was when it was closest to me, it was so hard to hear and the the traffic was pretty light

Interesting to see the BMW i3

Be a bit like the segways....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Interesting to see the BMW i3

Be a bit like the segways....

Have these been purchased or is this for a film shoot?

maybe this?
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7134096/

They do buy in used UK vehicles and this could be just from BMW themselves as a test vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

They have being trial BMW 2 Series recently

2 things I have noticed over the past 24 hours. I saw the X5 in Dublin City Centre on blues/twos and the siren was nice and loud. Blue/White strobes in the grill.

Now not to take away from the tragic events of Saturday night and the loss of life on the N4 at Lucan but I was coming home and passed by the scene. There was no less than 15 squad cars at the location. 1 accident tied up so many units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

2 things I have noticed over the past 24 hours. I saw the X5 in Dublin City Centre on blues/twos and the siren was nice and loud. Blue/White strobes in the grill.

Now not to take away from the tragic events of Saturday night and the loss of life on the N4 at Lucan but I was coming home and passed by the scene. There was no less than 15 squad cars at the location. 1 accident tied up so many units.

Do you think was it a chase ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What force was that i3 with in the UK? Was it the MET?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

TallGlass wrote: »
    What force was that i3 with in the UK? Was it the MET?

Met and LFB both use them. That particular car was only registered in October though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Met and LFB both use them. That particular car was only registered in October though

Yeah, I Googled it, says it has 8000 miles on it. Bit odd they are ditching it? Strange that it's kitted out coming over here. Usually that is done here and they usually come over as Police.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yeah, I Googled it, says it has 8000 miles on it. Bit odd they are ditching it? Strange that it's kitted out coming over here. Usually that is done here and they usually come over as Police.

It's easy enough to do the graphics. It's an investment if they order a few

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Wonder where the I3 will be based? I think it would be a nice vehicle for a city centre community police unit given the small (ish) area they would cover, especially compared to a commmunity police unit in the subarbs or down the country. Although, it will mean installing an charging station at Garda station now too

Wonder where the I3 will be based? I think it would be a nice vehicle for a city centre community police unit given the small (ish) area they would cover, especially compared to a commmunity police unit in the subarbs or down the country. Although, it will mean installing an charging station at Garda station now too

It's not going to be stationed anywhere. It's over to show to purchasing. Just like a few years back when we go the five series estate and x5 over. Both marked up as Garda cars, did the rounds with traffic around the country and disappeared never to be seen again.

And it's said that they can't be driven by most members due to driving restrictions.

source wrote: »

Got chatting to a couple of lads last night in the new X5. Standard SE spec X5 but has a better pick and load carrying than the Q7. They said it handles better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Got chatting to a couple of lads last night in the new X5. Standard SE spec X5 but has a better pick and load carrying than the Q7. They said it handles better too.

It even looks like it could move quicker than the Q7
    The Q7 just looks sluggish and really heavy, not what you want when responding to an armed attack sharpish

X5 has air suspension, Q7 doesn't. That's the biggest difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I think this is the closest tread to post my question in as i dont want to start a new one. I was driving the M3 a few weeks ago and i met an unusual emergency van. It was a Navy/ Dark blue passenger transit with the same blue lights as normal garda van going flat out with lights flashing. What service out of pure curiosity would it belong to?

• Advertisement

roadmaster wrote: »
    I think this is the closest tread to post my question in as i dont want to start a new one. I was driving the M3 a few weeks ago and i met an unusual emergency van. It was a Navy/ Dark blue passenger transit with the same blue lights as normal garda van going flat out with lights flashing. What service out of pure curiosity would it belong to?

Sort of like the UK where they would have room for more in the rear such as riot squad, crowd control drug busts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Sort of like the UK where they would have room for more in the rear such as riot squad, crowd control drug busts etc.

I don't think it was it a Garda well I never seen one that colour before. There was no markings on it just blue lights on the roof and back windows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

That transit also has a siren. It flew past me a few weeks ago. I thought I was seeing things it was the weirdest looking van I ever seen.

Unmarked but with a huge light bar to the front of it.

I don't think it was it a Garda well I never seen one that colour before. There was no markings on it just blue lights on the roof and back windows

Garda have any number of vehicles even vehicles not necessarily with D registered either.

Customs would have many also.

It is most likely a Garda one though they don't have to have markings.

I believe it belongs to G.N.I.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

It's the assisted admissions team. I think it's ran by either medilink or mediline.

https://alliedadmissions.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

It's the assisted admissions team. I think it's ran by either medilink or mediline.

https://alliedadmissions.ie/

Bit like a scene from an Indian movie...a 'vehicle' with nurses with needles arrived to kidnap a girl who had ID'd a corrupt cop :eek:
    Vehicles

We have specially adapted vehicles which can operate out of our ambulance depots situated nationwide. The three vehicles will be based and operate out of our depots in Dublin, Galway and Cork.

Each vehicle is specially adapted and discrete and is fully equipped to ensure the safety and the comfort of both the patient and the staff with state of the art Computer Aided Dispatch capability to ensure accurate and efficient call out response.

Saw a marked Nissan Terrano on Saturday night out the Maynooth direction. Could it be 2006?

I have driven those machines and it handles like a hippo on skates on an ice rink.

BTW I was watching Cop Car Workshop on Dave. Interesting viewing. Do Garda cars get the same treatment as the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It probably belonged to a special unit like mounted or sub aqua but came out of that to assist in the snow.

Advertisement